Sponsored

FYI: Tread Lightly Discount Signup Summary (FCA Program)

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
So now that I already am buying a gladiator at under invoice, wheaty good does this membership do me? There's a discount on tires and mopar right?
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
It's a small ray of sunshine in my ongoing saga. At least I save that now.
you're still waiting right? well i'm happy for you that you'll get the discount, lol.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
So now that I already am buying a gladiator at under invoice, wheaty good does this membership do me? There's a discount on tires and mopar right?
did you order one yet?

many dealers will give you another -2% under invoice.

Sponsored

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Hey that's great news. Im going to contact the dealer and tell him. I just went in and got my control number.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does the dealer get additional money from Jeep when we use it?
i believe so, but don't know how. That's why dealers can give you the better below invoice price, cuz they're getting more (I THINK).

@spenchey can you chime in at all on this?

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
every gladiator you could want
i believe so, but don't know how. That's why dealers can give you the better below invoice price, cuz they're getting more (I THINK).

The stated deal is with affiliate pricing the customer can buy at 1% below invoice. The dealer actually gets 2% of invoice amount. For example, before affiliate pricing was available on the JT our store was 3% below invoice, now that it is available we are 5% below invoice. Make sense?

Sponsored

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
The stated deal is with affiliate pricing the customer can buy at 1% below invoice. The dealer actually gets 2% of invoice amount. For example, before affiliate pricing was available on the JT our store was 3% below invoice, now that it is available we are 5% below invoice. Make sense?
Basically meaning that most dealers are passing on only half of the rebate to the customers.

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services

Funny, every time a dealer question comes up, we should have some sort of Bat-Light (except with an S), to summon Spencer!
Sooo, a dealership and I negotiate 3% under invoice, pending me doing financing with them, and this was before Affiliate pricing was announced as active. Now, I go to them and say, hey look, I got this nice 1% under invoice pricing option all of a sudden, now I want 5% under.

In essence, this is now the same deal that they had beforehand with me (financially for the dealership)? Meaning they are going to make the same amount of money at 5% under with affiliate that they would have at 3% under without?

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basically meaning that most dealers are passing on only half of the rebate to the customers.
I think most dealers don't know that 1) the program exists/entails and 2) don't know that they are being reimbursed more than the 1% that is stated by affiliate pricing marketing material. You guys give too much credit that people/dealers know the tiny details of things despite the opportunity that exists there

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Funny, every time a dealer question comes up, we should have some sort of Bat-Light (except with an S), to summon Spencer!

Sooo, a dealership and I negotiate 3% under invoice, pending me doing financing with them, and this was before Affiliate pricing was announced as active. Now, I go to them and say, hey look, I got this nice 1% under invoice pricing option all of a sudden, now I want 5% under.

In essence, this is now the same deal that they had beforehand with me (financially for the dealership)? Meaning they are going to make the same amount of money at 5% under with affiliate that they would have at 3% under without?
Financially for the dealership it is the same at the post scenario.

In the ignorant/lazy dealers defense (if you want to call it that) all the marketing material that is retail facing for the consumer says something along the lines of "..you have the right to buy at 1% below invoice..." they walk in hand the marketing material to the sales person and the sales person say oh well it says here 1% below invoice and thats the price.

Ik the general public likes to rail on the dealer and in some instances they stereo type is COMPLETELY deserved, i've some real stuff that makes you wonder how people sleep at night. But i'd say in general the dealer doesn't know the details like he/she should

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
I think most dealers don't know that 1) the program exists/entails and 2) don't know that they are being reimbursed more than the 1% that is stated by affiliate pricing marketing material. You guys give too much credit that people/dealers know the tiny details of things despite the opportunity that exists there
Unfortunately, I believe you're right. When I was shopping to place my order, I had one dealer do the "build" on the Jeep website. smh. Then when I told him the price I was given by who I ended up ordering from, they told me that it wasn't possible and that I was only getting that price because of a trade (which I ended up selling on my own).
Sponsored