Sponsored

FYI: Tread Lightly Discount Signup Summary (FCA Program)

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
I'm confused as I heard from others that have ordered/bought with Tread Lightly that the 1% was honored?!? So is dependent on the dealer or what?
Sponsored

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
I'm confused as I heard from others that have ordered/bought with Tread Lightly that the 1% was honored?!? So is dependent on the dealer or what?
Tread Lightly is just one method of getting affiliate pricing (and probably the most popular way). Dealers don't honor tread lightly specifically, but rather FCA affiliate pricing.

FCA in not currently honoring affiliate pricing (including TL) for Gladiators. This means dealers won't get reimbursed.

Each dealer will handle this situation differently, so it is dealer dependent. Some may honor affiliate pricing (i.e. 1% under invoice) regardless if they are getting reimbursed or not (since they are still making money at 1% under invoice). Deeper discount dealers (i.e. 5-7% under invoice) may not give the deepest discount until affiliate pricing is honored. Need to check with your dealer (or dealers you are price shopping with) to see what sort of pricing they will give.

When I ordered in April, my dealer priced my JT assuming affiliate pricing would be honored. Even though they will not get reimbursed (today), they have been honoring that pricing with folks who placed orders back then and have picked up recently. They are not pricing the same with recent orders since they won't get reimbursed. This may change in the future when FCA honors affiliate pricing and dealers get reimbursed.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
correct. Any dealer can honor it, but FCA isn't. So the dealers that honor it now aren't getting reimbursed by FCA. There's several ways a dealership makes money. They tweak something here and give you a discount there.........

In the end just focus on the final price after all discounts, fees, charges and compare that to the Invoice pricing of your truck with all the options you've added then figure out the true "off invoice discount".

That's what I did anyway.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Tread Lightly is just one method of getting affiliate pricing (and probably the most popular way). Dealers don't honor tread lightly specifically, but rather FCA affiliate pricing.

FCA in not currently honoring affiliate pricing (including TL) for Gladiators. This means dealers won't get reimbursed.

Each dealer will handle this situation differently, so it is dealer dependent. Some may honor affiliate pricing (i.e. 1% under invoice) regardless if they are getting reimbursed or not (since they are still making money at 1% under invoice). Deeper discount dealers (i.e. 5-7% under invoice) may not give the deepest discount until affiliate pricing is honored.

When I ordered in April, my dealer priced my JT assuming affiliate pricing would be honored. Even though they will not get reimbursed (today), they have been honoring that pricing with folks who placed orders back then and have picked up recently. They are not pricing the same with recent orders since they won't get reimbursed. This may change in the future when FCA honors affiliate pricing and dealers get reimbursed.
i was typing my response as you posted, lol, basically same thing. the good dealers will honor the price they quoted, like Travis.

DrBobby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I think I’m going to start emailing weekly and making sure they understand that the lack of affiliate discount is the only thing stopping me from placing my order right now.
Sounds good!!! :)

Sponsored

Daddiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1998 Cherokee XJ, 2004 Crossfire, 2006 300 5.7
Occupation
Fabricator/Patternmaker
Got a reply this morning, still no luck...

CE1DE19F-E04D-4E0E-9F4B-D0928376612E.jpeg

terrordbn

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Freedom Edition, 2020 Jeep Granite Crystal Gladiator Launch Edition (on order)
Vehicle Showcase

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

i should have bought 3 weeks later.
Well, at least you know now that it will be available when you get your Gator in 3 yrs.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
and for the electric in 5 years