Sponsored

FYI: Tread Lightly Discount Signup Summary (FCA Program)

Monte.Trumbull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Just used it this afternoon to finalize the deal on the 2021 Rubicon diesel I ordered. Handed them the papers and that was that!
Sponsored

PastV1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue soon, 2014 Highlander
You don't need 30 days with Tread Lightly to order. Just 30 days to close. :)

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Mech Engineer/MBA/Entrepreneur
You don't need 30 days with Tread Lightly to order. Just 30 days to close. :)
Si I can sign up for the Tread lightly program today, go place an order at a dealer (with a deposit if needed), and f they jeep were to show up +30 days the discount will be valid?

Or i need to wait 30 days after signing up to place the order?

Thx

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Si I can sign up for the Tread lightly program today, go place an order at a dealer (with a deposit if needed), and f they jeep were to show up +30 days the discount will be valid?

Thx
I placed the order with Spencer - he showed me how to sign up and what they needed.
I went home and a day later, singed up.
Once you are signed up then you usually have to wait the 30 days to get a number that you then give the dealer for the discount. Can't recall what that number is called -
But you can order THEN sign up - you get a letter in email and later in the mail. You use a number on that to sign in and get the number you give the dealer.
First make really sure that dealer will accept it and participate - I've heard some dealers will give a run-around.
Tell your dealer your intent and make sure they accept this.
We ordered, it took almost 2 months to the day for the Jeep to come in (my wife's new 2021 Grand Cherokee) so timing was fine for us.

ssrgeoff

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLURD '21 JTR,
FYI... I signed up on Sept 30th and was waiting 30 days because I didn't know any better. After seeing most people were able to go online and get their control number before the 30 days I went ahead and did that on 10/27 and found out it expires 1/2/21. :swear: Needless to say I quickly picked my options and ordered my vehicle. I am now hoping it arrives in time with all the holidays and what weather we may have. Doesn't seem right, they should at least give you 90 days to purchase.

Sponsored

PastV1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue soon, 2014 Highlander

Thx
The disount isn't for ordering the Jeep it's for closing on the sale. So sign up on Tread Lightlyu and order asap. Just need 30 days from sign up to close the sale date.

Monte.Trumbull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
FYI... I signed up on Sept 30th and was waiting 30 days because I didn't know any better. After seeing most people were able to go online and get their control number before the 30 days I went ahead and did that on 10/27 and found out it expires 1/2/21. :swear: Needless to say I quickly picked my options and ordered my vehicle. I am now hoping it arrives in time with all the holidays and what weather we may have. Doesn't seem right, they should at least give you 90 days to purchase.
I just checked and the control number is valid for one calendar year and you can get two a year. I would think that you could get a new control number in January if your vehicle doesn't come in in time.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I just checked and the control number is valid for one calendar year and you can get two a year. I would think that you could get a new control number in January if your vehicle doesn't come in in time.
Mine was good until January 2, 2021 - good for something like 4 months as I recall. Ordered the Jeep, came home and signed up, waited 30 days, got the number, and luckily the GC came in before the end of the year. I was wondering as we were told it could be end of November before it was done.

ssrgeoff

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLURD '21 JTR,
I really hope thats the case, would hate to stress over it. I am not going to worry until mid December and if the build seems to be moving slow I will call them and see what my options are.

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
Are you guys dropping this Tread Lightly discount on the sales person on day of pickup for further discount or telling them of it before you agree on pricing? MSRP 53,535 and he say best he can do with employee discount code is 50,687.

I am trying to get a local dealer to go past employee pricing and they just send me this. I dont think this is a very good deal. Any opinions or suggestion I should pay for this build would be appreciated.

Jeep Gladiator FYI: Tread Lightly Discount Signup Summary (FCA Program) 41681

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Don't wait to drop it on them as not all will deal with it well. Or at all.
Some will suggest this discount method to you - other's will say yeah, I guess we can do that, some will say "never heard if it, we don't do that" (like mine did)
Spencer suggested TreadLightly up-front as a way to save money. He even gave me the link and told how to do it.
My bet is it's better than employee pricing, but I don't know, really.

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
Don't wait to drop it on them as not all will deal with it well. Or at all.
Some will suggest this discount method to you - other's will say yeah, I guess we can do that, some will say "never heard if it, we don't do that" (like mine did)
Spencer suggested TreadLightly up-front as a way to save money. He even gave me the link and told how to do it.
My bet is it's better than employee pricing, but I don't know, really.
In your opinion where do you think I should be with pricing on this build? 5% below MSRP seem like shit. I would like to catch Spencer but that drive would not work for me.

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
every gladiator you could want
In your opinion where do you think I should be with pricing on this build? 5% below MSRP seem like shit. I would like to catch Spencer but that drive would not work for me.

You always need a little country side drive to get out there and really see the country and come see us ;)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The drive was worth it. Talk about a NO HASSLE buy - it was the easiest, quickest/fastest, least stressful purchase we've EVER made.
It's too danged bad they are too far away for SERVICE work or I'd try their shop, too - but a 4 hour drive for tire rotation, oil change, etc. LOL........
Even my wife who absolutely hates car dealers and sales people was impressed and happy with the deal. She kept commenting on how fast it all went, how little time we spent.

After buying Barbara's 2021 Grand Cherokee via Spender, it makes me wish even MORE than I had done my JT through them. I had almost gotten over what a screwy mess buying my JT was and the raw deal in the end - then the purchase of her GC going so smoothly and at a decent trade-in level, it just brought it all back to me about how I wish I'd done my JT differently.
I recently talked to another Des Moines JT owner who bought a Jeep up there - Renegade, perhaps? Think it was for his daughter, anyway, another good, quick, easy deal.

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I'm a little confused. I've gotten my letter in the mail but have not logged in for the code. I will be making my order this Friday. Should I do that now and give the dealer my code or wait til its close to delivery time to get my code so it doesn't expire before delivery? Thanks.
Sponsored