Sponsored

FYI: Tread Lightly Discount Signup Summary (FCA Program)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a little confused. I've gotten my letter in the mail but have not logged in for the code. I will be making my order this Friday. Should I do that now and give the dealer my code or wait til its close to delivery time to get my code so it doesn't expire before delivery? Thanks.
I'd wait. You are supposed to wait 30 days from signup to get the code anyway.
We ordered, Spencer told us how to sign up, where to sign up, what to do, etc. at the time we ordered my wife's Grand Cherokee. We ordered the GC, came back home, it was a long day so I waited until the next day to sign up for T-L.
I got the letter thanking me for signing up, and I waited 30 days and went in and got the code. When the Grand Cherokee came in I sent Spencer's people the code so they could do the paperwork using that code. We got there, signed the papers and drove away with my wife's new Jeep - at a discount.

The dealer won't do anything with the code yet anyway. There's no hurry at all getting the code.
I'd order your Jeep, wait a while then get the code. They don't need it until the truck or other Jeep is done anyway.
Sponsored

ssrgeoff

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLURD '21 JTR,
I'm a little confused. I've gotten my letter in the mail but have not logged in for the code. I will be making my order this Friday. Should I do that now and give the dealer my code or wait til its close to delivery time to get my code so it doesn't expire before delivery? Thanks.
Log on to retrieve your code right before you go in and pick up the vehicle. Mine said it expired 1/2/2021 which rushed me into ordering at the end of October to make sure I get the vehicle on time (still no delivery.) I saw someone else retrieve their code this month which already has an expiration date of 1/2/2021. :surprised:

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
I just joined Tread Lightly a few days ago. I'm hoping to buy a Durango SRT before 01/04/21 ($3750 Cash Allowance). Looks like it may backfire on me a bit if the number expires in a few weeks. Oh, well.

MHayes

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 1952 VW Beetle 11G
I just joined Tread Lightly a few days ago. I'm hoping to buy a Durango SRT before 01/04/21 ($3750 Cash Allowance). Looks like it may backfire on me a bit if the number expires in a few weeks. Oh, well.
The control number doesn’t cross over the end of the year, thus the expiration of 1/2/2021. It is my understanding that you can generate up to 2 control numbers per calendar year, so all you have to do is generate another before you go to pick up your purchase.

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Thank you fellas! Will just grab the code in Feb. Just put in my order for almost loaded Rubicon (minus hardtop and color match fenders). Now the wait.

Sponsored

Gulf_coasterHTX

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Subaru Ascent, '21 Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
Petroleum Engineer
Jeep dealer is telling me the FCA affiliate control number is not compatible with employee pricing... anyone hear this before?

RedDevil17

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM Hydro Blue, 1999 LR Disco I
Occupation
IT
Since you are ordering, it won't be in until next year. I would recommend waiting. The code is good for the calendar year. If you get your code now, it will expire on 2 Jan 21 (mine did). You can reorder your control number after that but it's simpler to do it in the new year. Gives you plenty of time for the vehicle to arrive. I emailed a copy of my control number document and my membership letter after I got my build sheet.

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
Jeep dealer is telling me the FCA affiliate control number is not compatible with employee pricing... anyone hear this before?
Any follow-up on this? Did you get it sorted out? I was just about to sign up to leverage the discount on a custom build. Thanks!

MHayes

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why would you use EP when you should be able to negotiate a better deal than that?

Gulf_coasterHTX

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Petroleum Engineer
Any follow-up on this? Did you get it sorted out? I was just about to sign up to leverage the discount on a custom build. Thanks!
Nope didn't hear anything afterwards. As far as I know, signing up with FCA affiliate is a waste of money if you go with employee pricing. If your dealer is giving you a better price than that as an alternative with the FCA affiliate, then it's worth it (depending on how much better and how much you spend on the affiliate)

Sponsored

Gulf_coasterHTX

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Petroleum Engineer
Why would you use EP when you should be able to negotiate a better deal than that?
Note sure what you mean - If the EP is compatible with FCA affiliate it might be the best deal you can get depending on the dealer. In my case my negotiation with the dealer + FCA affiliate was a better deal than EP, but I guess this was part of my confusion when I went in. I assumed the dealer was going to get a discount from FCA for the price difference between MSRP and employee pricing, so whatever negotiation would be on top of that, but that's not what the dealer said.

I don't understand the point of employee pricing other than marketing if dealers are giving discounts more than the EP, effectively EP results in no benefit to the consumer

MHayes

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Note sure what you mean - If the EP is compatible with FCA affiliate it might be the best deal you can get depending on the dealer. In my case my negotiation with the dealer + FCA affiliate was a better deal than EP, but I guess this was part of my confusion when I went in. I assumed the dealer was going to get a discount from FCA for the price difference between MSRP and employee pricing, so whatever negotiation would be on top of that, but that's not what the dealer said.

I don't understand the point of employee pricing other than marketing if dealers are giving discounts more than the EP, effectively EP results in no benefit to the consumer
I think it's pretty clear what I meant. EP is typically 4-5% below invoice, while many people on here, including myself, were able to get more than that off of invoice (up to 8%, if you include an FCA control number and financing). I agree that not all dealers are willing to deal at that level, but then again, there are those that will.

Sublime

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gecko Green 2021 Sport S
Sorry but help me make sure I understand this discount. To get 1% extra off invoice I need to spend $100 for the membership. So I'm paying $100 to save $350 if I got a gladiator around $45k.

ShirtlessCubsFan

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GLI, 2020 Mercedes GLB, 2022 Mojave
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Sorry but help me make sure I understand this discount. To get 1% extra off invoice I need to spend $100 for the membership. So I'm paying $100 to save $350 if I got a gladiator around $45k.
Your net savings in that scenario is $350 ($450 discount minus the $100 investment), yes.

That's a car payment!
Sponsored