Sponsored

FYI: Tread Lightly Discount Signup Summary (FCA Program)

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bitchin' Schwinn
Not to take anything away from Tread Lightly, as they are a terrific advocate for responsible preservation of off road land, but there are literally hundreds of other options that provide Affiliate Rewards that many, many people already qualify for through their employers/unions/memberships/etc. I have included the link to the FCA AR list here:

https://www.fcausaffiliates.com/content/dam/affiliate-rewards/docs/companylocator.pdf

10 minutes of surfing the list and I found 3 different ways that I qualify, and instantly printed my AR certificate. Then you just present proof of employment/membership and you're good. You are entitled to 2 certificates per participating company per calendar year, and they are good for the calendar year in which you print them. You also qualify if your spouse is a member/employee of a participating company.

The best one is the "Women's Professional Rodeo Association". Who wouldn't want to join that? I mean, just to get ridden until they break you...
(followed closely by employees of WS Badcock Corp, out of Mulberry, FL)
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Not to take anything away from Tread Lightly, as they are a terrific advocate for responsible preservation of off road land, but there are literally hundreds of other options that provide Affiliate Rewards that many, many people already qualify for through their employers/unions/memberships/etc. I have included the link to the FCA AR list here:

https://www.fcausaffiliates.com/content/dam/affiliate-rewards/docs/companylocator.pdf

10 minutes of surfing the list and I found 3 different ways that I qualify, and instantly printed my AR certificate. Then you just present proof of employment/membership and you're good. You are entitled to 2 certificates per participating company per calendar year, and they are good for the calendar year in which you print them. You also qualify if your spouse is a member/employee of a participating company.

The best one is the "Women's Professional Rodeo Association". Who wouldn't want to join that? I mean, just to get ridden until they break you...
So if i'm an Alum from UW Madison (which is on the list) does that mean I qualify for an AR certificate? Or do you have to work for UW Madison?

reedred

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Geraldine

I already qualify as well, but if I didn't I would definitely spend a few minutes going over that list. If you search the word member you can see the organizations you can join pretty easily. For example, I could support my nephew's love of rock climbing and get the same discount.

It also appears that if you don't care what organization you support and just want the savings, there are at least 2 you can join for as little as $35. I have no need to verify that, but I would if I did.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
So if i'm an Alum from UW Madison (which is on the list) does that mean I qualify for an AR certificate? Or do you have to work for UW Madison?
You have to be an employee.

Madison is a great town! A few of my friends went to school there.

Last edited:

Jacobaic

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland GCM
What’s the official tread lightly website again?

Sponsored

MaximusDecimusMeridius

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Red LE, 2014 Sierra 6in lift, 2015 Ford Fusion
OP mentions you must be sure to put in your correct DOB when you sign up at tread lightly....but when I signed up there wasn't a place to put my date of birth...?

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
Does anyone know if this sort of affiliate purchase program is available from other manufacturers as well or is it unique to FCA?
I would hate to find out that I've been missing out on thousands of dollars of discounts on past car purchases.
You can join the Corvette Museum and get Supplier Pricing from GM. Saved me $10k when I bought my Vette.
Just saying...

Tire Guy

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Sting grey M/T. Prius...
Thank you! Very useful which I will fully take advantage of when I get my new gladiator!!

aus-jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
Just as an FYI...

I bought the Tread Lightly membership on 03/22 and got my welcome package in the mail today 03/25.
Went to the FCA website and got a control number without any issues at all :D
  • Date Issued: 03-25-2019
  • Expiration Date: 01-02-2020
Thank you to the OP for the information in this thread!

Sponsored

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Just as an FYI...

I bought the Tread Lightly membership on 03/22 and got my welcome package in the mail today 03/25.
Went to the FCA website and got a control number without any issues at all :D
  • Date Issued: 03-25-2019
  • Expiration Date: 01-02-2020
Thank you to the OP for the information in this thread!
Hopefully we all take delivery by January.... otherwise....

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
As of 03/30/2019 at 1617 I am now a member.
whew, the stress of that application was rough...:LOL:

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
I think everyone who enjoy all types of off-roading should be a member. More and more environmentalists are threatening to shut down OHV roads. I want to verify this but I think tread lightly advocates on our behalf to keep these trails open. Also to make sure we take care of the trails in our travels. So I will gladly give them my $100 if that's the case!

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bitchin' Schwinn
I think everyone who enjoy all types of off-roading should be a member. More and more environmentalists are threatening to shut down OHV roads. I want to verify this but I think tread lightly advocates on our behalf to keep these trails open. Also to make sure we take care of the trails in our travels. So I will gladly give them my $100 if that's the case!
Careful...Tread Lightly was started by the US Forest Service as an environmental conservancy agent. While it is an off-roading advocacy group, its main focus is environmental protection and conservation while defending and preserving recreational access.

From the website: "Tread Lightly! and its partners lead a national initiative to protect and enhance recreation access and opportunities by promoting outdoor ethics to heighten individuals’ sense of good stewardship." The bottom line being, the better we take care of our trails and responsibly off-road, the less government intervention that will need to be implemented. Win-win. They are an NPO and advocate of responsible wheeling, but make no mistake: they are environmentalists. They're just our kind of environmentalists.
Sponsored