Sponsored

Gladiator, Backup Camera, and 7 inch screen

Missionsparta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram
So, my Jeep gladiator has the 7 inch screen and a backup camera. The backup camera image only takes up a square portion of the rectangular rario'ed screen. I assumed that's just how it is with that set up, but I had a rental JL today with a 7 inch screen and a backup camera. The back up view takes up the entire 7 inch screen. Why I. The world would they run the setup with one model and significantly worse with a similar model?
Sponsored

Demetrius

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I can't find a setting or anything
So, my Jeep gladiator has the 7 inch screen and a backup camera. The backup camera image only takes up a square portion of the rectangular rario'ed screen. I assumed that's just how it is with that set up, but I had a rental JL today with a 7 inch screen and a backup camera. The back up view takes up the entire 7 inch screen. Why I. The world would they run the setup with one model and significantly worse with a similar model?
My 7” uses the entire screen.
My back up view also fills up the whole 7" screen (Sport S).

OP
OP

Missionsparta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram
Everyone else with a 7" screen have the back up view fill the entire screen? Or anyone else like me that only uses the middle of the screen in a square view?

Sponsored

Dkronke

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I'd be interested to find out the answer also. Not for me but my wife has a JL with the 7 inch screen, and her camera doesn't fill the screen. There may be a setting I don't know about.

gerky18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I have the sport s with tow package (not max tow) and it fills the entire screen.

Do you have the tow package?
Can you zoom in on the hitch area?

Those are two things that I can think of that might be different.

B-RAD

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator (on order)
Occupation
Fleet Manager
My 7” takes up the whole screen

OP
OP

Missionsparta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram
I have the sport s with tow package (not max tow) and it fills the entire screen.

Do you have the tow package?
Can you zoom in on the hitch area?

Those are two things that I can think of that might be different.
I have the tow package on a 20 rubicon and I can zoom in. So it looks like there is two of us that don't have the camera fill the whole screen. Something odd going on.

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
On my Sport S the camera fills the full screen.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Missionsparta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram
On my Sport S the camera fills the full screen.
Ok, it's obvious that it is suppose to fill the whole screen. I'm not seeing a setting for this anywhere. Does anyone know if there is one or where it is?

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Here is a picture of mine, I have about .5” on each side of black where there is usually information on the radio screen for example. Are some saying that area is filled with picture?
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator, Backup Camera, and 7 inch screen 42D54AC8-4BA8-4F0D-A0D0-C92EC4878D51
Sponsored