Sponsored

Gladiator bent frame offroading with trailer? Why do you think this happened?

MOPAR Boy

First Name
Mopy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
For high speed fun and games on the dunes, IMHO a 2020 Shelby Baja Raptor is in order! 525 heart hammering HP, along with 610 ft-lbs of stump pullin’ torque!

Jellygladiator

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
retired
For high speed fun and games on the dunes, IMHO a 2020 Shelby Baja Raptor is in order! 525 heart hammering HP, along with 610 ft-lbs of stump pullin’ torque!
Or a Polaris razor

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
The Ford Raptor with "only" 425HP is plenty enough to get the "heart hammering" off road! For those who have driven at higher speeds off road (and anyone who has driven a car on a road course) you KNOW how your skills and balls won't typically keep up with the power the truck or car puts down. Once experienced, high-speed driving will quickly demonstrate how talented (and "crazy") the professionals are.

Or a Polaris razor
Sure but. Without getting into the whole SxS experience - good and bad - I'll just say, I considered buying one but decided that going with very off road capable vehicles with A/C (without the dust inhaling and wearing of a SxS), sat radio, comfort, ability to drive to the desert/hills and drive back, etc. made my decision easy. I love the idea of a SxS but I know how quickly one can get into real trouble alone and with others so it's not for me. Ride safe!

Last edited:

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Hold a hammer by the handle just under the head and try to drive a nail. Not happening. Now hold the same hammer by the end of the handle as normal and drive the same nail.

A trailer properly loaded and properly driven is the hammer held just under the head, no issue. The other example is an issue due to idiotic operator error.

Sponsored

MOPAR Boy

First Name
Mopy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
The Ford Raptor with "only" 425HP is plenty enough to get the "heart hammering" off road![/QUOTE]

MOPAR Boy

First Name
Mopy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
The stock Ford Raptor is nice enough, but trust me, the Shelby Baja Raptor simply takes everything to a whole nother level. I own a 2019 Shelby Baja Raptor that I bought brand new last summer, and IMHO, it's the coolest and funnest vehicle I have ever owned!

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Trust me. If you want a great experience, get a onewheel.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Hold a hammer by the handle just under the head and try to drive a nail. Not happening. Now hold the same hammer by the end of the handle as normal and drive the same nail.

A trailer properly loaded and properly driven is the hammer held just under the head, no issue. The other example is an issue due to idiotic operator error.
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush? Wait, what?

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
The stock Ford Raptor is nice enough, but trust me, the Shelby Baja Raptor simply takes everything to a whole nother level. I own a 2019 Shelby Baja Raptor that I bought brand new last summer, and IMHO, it's the coolest and funnest vehicle I have ever owned!
Not questioning that. At all.

How many times have you taken your Shelby Raptor off road? Where and at what speeds?

MasterHaxs

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
this is a easy one to solve, based on the mud and the dirt on the trailer he was going some speed like 25-30 mph over some humps. the frame is built to do some movement but not a lot but if you go though some humps at speed and with the temp being 90.f out and the dirt net letting it cool i can see this happening over a hr or so of hard driving, this happens to a lot of full size trucks but this one is new so we see every one of them, just a heads up to everyone this wont be the last time we see this.

The Shocks story is Total BS the shock mount are mode of 11 gauge steal IE 1/8" and the frame is 7 IE 3/16" and the welds would snap off before this would happen and well as it would have pushed up on the frame not let it bend out and the bolt would have gave as well, so that story is total BS just a PR move from core.

Jeep will replace this guys frame just like most manufacturers, the frame is $1600 US cost and the labor with that job is around 15 hours tops so it would cost more to go to court then to just fix it. and i can see a recall coming out related to this as well.

Jellygladiator

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
retired
this is a easy one to solve, based on the mud and the dirt on the trailer he was going some speed like 25-30 mph over some humps. the frame is built to do some movement but not a lot but if you go though some humps at speed and with the temp being 90.f out and the dirt net letting it cool i can see this happening over a hr or so of hard driving, this happens to a lot of full size trucks but this one is new so we see every one of them, just a heads up to everyone this wont be the last time we see this.

The Shocks story is Total BS the shock mount are mode of 11 gauge steal IE 1/8" and the frame is 7 IE 3/16" and the welds would snap off before this would happen and well as it would have pushed up on the frame not let it bend out and the bolt would have gave as well, so that story is total BS just a PR move from core.

Jeep will replace this guys frame just like most manufacturers, the frame is $1600 US cost and the labor with that job is around 15 hours tops so it would cost more to go to court then to just fix it. and i can see a recall coming out related to this as well.
I just find it odd the owner of that gladiator hasn’t been on to explain what happen, leads me to think it was as I’ve heard a dealership ooops
Sponsored