Sponsored

Gladiator bent frame offroading with trailer? Why do you think this happened?

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
And while I get the teeter-totter, stupidity in modding and driving, with a trailer, had more to do with this incident than anything else.
Know that I agree, it is operator error all the way, I’m just answering the question of the post.

For some folks, especially our friends on the JL Forum, they believe gravity and physics plays no part in the real world.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Know that I agree, it is operator error all the way, I’m just answering the question of the post.

For some folks, especially our friends on the JL Forum, they believe gravity and physics plays no part in the real world.
Wait so when I put in the 6" lift and 42's and then load the roof rack with everything, I can't still do 80 and swerve to pass? Jesus christ that's it, I'm selling this piece of shit and telling everyone I know about what an unsafe and dangerous piece of shit it is, whos with me to start a class action suit? #pieceofshit

Meanwhile back in the real world, keep it light, keep it low and keep it moving.

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I wanna know what's in the big black box on the tongue. They were probably stealing rocks off our federal lands and trying to outrun BLM Rangers.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
You callin' out the JL Forum on this, their sister forum? :punch:

:giggle:

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I wanna know what's in the big black box on the tongue. They were probably stealing rocks off our federal lands and trying to outrun BLM Rangers.
And there is an expanded metal enclosure behind the big black box between it and the trailer. That looks to have firewood in it. Clearly there's a LOT of extra length to that trailer and it's all in front of the axle adding more pounds to the tongue weight.

It'd be good to see a side view pic with the trailer and the Gladiator's back bumper and hitch...

c-aqmkl3ddh3jitztw3qdsto9b4ue_tbwr-gzifnvwj_nvma6u4eq1upvmx-sj6qyrpko-_nc_ht-scontent-iad3-1-jpg.jpg

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase

Demo_slug

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 2020
Vehicle Showcase
With the way the frame is bent, I think it’s a bit of a lift. He may need a level kit

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like shear leverage that caused that.

Bruce

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Splatter evidence makes me wonder if that thing is evenly bent. I'd bet from the back the bed is tilted.
The mirror shows streaming spray evidencing high speed. The door shows swirls indicating splashing and speed. The swirly part could be braking hard. The whole thing could also indicate at least hard turns causing torque and load shift. Maybe the load shifted forward under speed, dude went into a gulley, hit brakes, still at speed dude topped out, maybe a slight turn to create that light stress on the frame before impact. Jam brakes to maximize force on the bend point.