Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
In regards to the Mopar front steel bumper — I recently installed one to replace the plastic bumper on our 2020 Overland (along with Mopar skid and winch guard — winch will be next year). Looks great and seems very solid. It’s pricey but you get LED fog lights (for me this was an upgrade), detachable end caps, and after dealing with some difficult 3rd party installations I appreciated how straight forward the install process was (you actually get torque specs in the instructions!).

Noticed that the left and right interiors of the bumper (along with the wiring harness connections to the fog lights) are not fully enclosed as they were with the plastic bumper. Any thoughts or solutions on covering the interior of the bumper from the rear?

Hey thanks sounds interesting, is there a link or product number for that?
Many different options. Here is an amazon link for the Bently Harris type material (owns Federal mogul). They show it going over conduit.
My recomendation is not to use condiut as your first line of defense. The slits on conduit and where the conduit ends can easily chafe and take wire insulation down to the bare copper.
Always wrap entire harness in a abrasion tape first. Then if you want conduit over top and the sleeving over top along with another round of abrasion tape.
John Deere uses a variety of coverings. Some are called co-flex conduit which is 2 conduits in 1 and your rotate the outer conduit slit 180* from the inner slit so there is no seam. Tough to buy on the outside as it's usually sold in spools, but you and replicate this by using 2 seperate pieces on different size conuit and then tape over top of the conuit
Here is the Bently harris and other types of sleeving on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Bentley-Wrap...s=bentley+harris+sleeve&qid=1604456441&sr=8-1

and here is what co-flex looks like
https://www.fraenkische.com/en/product/co-flex-pp-schwarz
Sponsored

Clay

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired LEO
I had a ARB Deluxe Bumper with a bull bar and it was 150 lbs. , on my 2013 Wrangler, along with an ARB on the back. Gas mileage really suffered. I wanted something a lot lighter on my Gladiator so I ordered an aluminum buimper this time. It is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Going to put a Smittybuilt X20 12,000 winch on it. https://www.extremeterrain.com/barr...lloy-series-aluminum-front-bumper-jg1185.html

Hermhonger

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2016 Jeep Wrangler JK,
Occupation
retired
I had a ARB Deluxe Bumper with a bull bar and it was 150 lbs. , on my 2013 Wrangler, along with an ARB on the back. Gas mileage really suffered. I wanted something a lot lighter on my Gladiator so I ordered an aluminum buimper this time. It is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Going to put a Smittybuilt X20 12,000 winch on it. https://www.extremeterrain.com/barr...lloy-series-aluminum-front-bumper-jg1185.html
How do you like your Barricade alloy bumper? I am thinking of getting that one.

Clay

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired LEO
How do you like your Barricade alloy bumper? I am thinking of getting that one.
They sent one that wouldn't fit a Gladiator, not even close!. I got aggravated and went another route.

Gun Smoke Halo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tricycle
They sent one that wouldn't fit a Gladiator, not even close!. I got aggravated and went another route.
If you don't mind me being nosey, which bumper did you go with? I'm trying to make a decision on one currently.

Sponsored

Gladiator832

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2013 Ram Sport
Occupation
Plant Manager
Love my set up and got to keep the factory led fogs.

20210811_145900.jpg

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professional
Just me, but nothing no-name or Smittybuilt is touching my truck. You get what you pay for, fitment, quality, and reliability come with a price; better than being SOL as an alternative for me.

As for bumpers I'm looking at brands like ARB, Warn, Rock Slide Engineering, Shrockworks, etc. I hate the stubby look and want real accident and edge protection.

Winches I'll pick between, Mile Marker, Warn, ComeUp. Had a Superwinch on my GX460 and it was solid but Westin owns them now and their service is $hit, so not going that route again.

Pappyjp21

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys 21
Occupation
Federal Officer
Vehicle Showcase
If you want to keep the "wimpy" front bumper on your Gladiator ,as I did, Rock Hard makes a winch plate that sits on top and attaches directly to the frame!

20211102_130141.jpg

20211102_130128.jpg

calicorks

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
If you want to keep the "wimpy" front bumper on your Gladiator ,as I did, Rock Hard makes a winch plate that sits on top and attaches directly to the frame!

20211102_130141.jpg

20211102_130128.jpg
Is this the plastic bumper I see?? Can I put a 12,000lbs wench with that plate? Can you share the link please?

Pappyjp21

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys 21
Occupation
Federal Officer
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, as stated ealier in the previos threads the winch is attached to the frame and not the bumper..so yes you can attach the winch size you want.

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
sounds like my setup checks your boxes. Warn Elite full width bumper (101335) and Warn sway bar disconnect skid plate (101445). Paired with Warn 12k evo synthetic winch. Been absolutely pleased with the entire setup. The bumper clears 37’s with at least a 2” lift. My lift is between 3 and 3.5” in front as shown here. You can order the bumper with a bull bar, but I wanted lower profile. Im using two of the holes to mount the KC lights.
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator bumpers and winch options? 05D8D8AE-17D6-463E-AA59-71FC1488507C

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professional
sounds like my setup checks your boxes. Warn Elite full width bumper (101335) and Warn sway bar disconnect skid plate (101445). Paired with Warn 12k evo synthetic winch. Been absolutely pleased with the entire setup. The bumper clears 37’s with at least a 2” lift. My lift is between 3 and 3.5” in front as shown here. You can order the bumper with a bull bar, but I wanted lower profile. Im using two of the holes to mount the KC lights.
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator bumpers and winch options? 05D8D8AE-17D6-463E-AA59-71FC1488507C
Nice rig, that bumper and the ARBs are my front runners. I don't care for the stubby bumpers much, but that's definitely the majority. Trying to find a full rear bumper too that wraps around, but is one piece. A few look like the side wings bolt on separately, which I think would be prone to bending if you really smacked them opposed to if it were one solid piece.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Nice rig, that bumper and the ARBs are my front runners. I don't care for the stubby bumpers much, but that's definitely the majority. Trying to find a full rear bumper too that wraps around, but is one piece. A few look like the side wings bolt on separately, which I think would be prone to bending if you really smacked them opposed to if it were one solid piece.
My steel oem rear will stay until it fails. When it does, and it will, the only one on my list is the Next Venture aluminum. It wraps around and replaces the rear rock rails. And it’s light.

https://nextventuremotorsports.com/.../jt-aluminum-rear-bumper-featherweight-series
Sponsored