First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, BMW R9T, BMW X4M40i
Occupation
Falconer
No sure, but we had between 30-50cm of snow here today and My Rubicon was a tank in the snow. Had no trouble getting to worksite or up completely snow covered and drifted in roads.
Sponsored

InvertedAerialX

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting on 2023 Gladiator Diesel (long story)
Occupation
Flight Dispatcher / Aircraft Maintenance Engineer /
Yes, traction control doesnt turn off when you engage 4 but i was thinking that later
I figured out his issue. It's off to the left side, under "Location: ". See how it says "New Brunswick"? That's his issue. Here in Nova Scotia, we know how to make snow our B!tch.

In all seriousness, keep driving up the driveway in 4Wd Hi then try 4WD Low, Then try Traction Control on an off for both situations. Dan, only YOU can firgure out what works best for YOU and Your driveway. I completely agree with getting ideas from the great group of guys and gals on here, but try their ideas and see what works best for you. Go up and down your driveway thirty(30) times if you have to, but find out what works in what situations. This is a learning opportunity for you!

Please do us a favour, when you do find out what works, PLEASE tell us what you did, so we can add your experience to our knowledge bank!

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Canada Launch Edition (1of419)
Vehicle Showcase
I figured out his issue. It's off to the left side, under "Location: ". See how it says "New Brunswick"? That's his issue. Here in Nova Scotia, we know how to make snow our B!tch.
Sort of Maritime Madness I guess!!!

Sponsored

InvertedAerialX

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Iā€™m on 35ā€ Duratracs, too.
Have then on the wifeā€™s QX also.

they have performed very well in wet, dry, snow, slush, and ice.

they donā€™t seem to be a full on MT but are more aggressive than an AT. They are mountain snowflake rated.

Not according to Andre on TFL Truck! lol! I second this! Duratrac's (especially in Canadian Winter's) are fantastic! I will be getting them on my Gladiator as soon as it comes in!

Dan, as for winter tires for your Gladiator, I suggest Michelin X-Ice Snow 275/65R18 (for a rubicon), biggest tire in that size.

InvertedAerialX

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sort of Maritime Madness I guess!!!
You'd know, you get more snow that the Rockies and the rest of Canada! God I miss Quebec! The food, the skiing, and fun in the snow.

I hope the OP (Dan) knows I was just teasing. NB is a great place.

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Canada Launch Edition (1of419)
Vehicle Showcase
You'd know, you get more snow that the Rockies and the rest of Canada! God I miss Quebec! The food, the skiing, and fun in the snow.

I hope the OP (Dan) knows I was just teasing. NB is a great place.
And youā€™re right about trying and testing a lot with the Jeepā€™s transfer case, lockers, traction and stability control, etc. Itā€™s also essential learning how to play between Neutral and Drive and even Handle Brake to go from 2H to 4H to 4L then back, in motion or not.

Thereā€™s a saying about the dozens of different words describing snow in Inuktitut... we have dozens of different ways to get out of it with a Jeep!

BDK

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I'll be darned. I haven't had that issue, but the whole time people are mentioning about disabling TC, I am thinking 'Don't we WANT traction to be controlled? I know I would like that, it sounds like a good thing!'
I couldn't ask of course, or people would know I was stoopit and didn't know about these magics. I'll keep reading, maybe someone will explain more about this. (Who knew?)
Wasn't sure either, so I Googled it....

Jeep traction control

When the vehicle is in 4wd high range and the Electronic Stability Control System (ESC) is on, traction control uses the brakes and engine torque control to limit how fast the driven wheels can spin relative to the actual speed of the vehicle. This helps provide maximum traction along with stability.

People also ask

Should I drive with traction control on or off?

We wouldn't recommend turning traction control off during normal road driving ā€“ it doesn't matter how good a driver you are, the traction control system can act to prevent a loss of control far faster than you are able to react behind the wheel.

Why would you want to turn off traction control?

The purpose of a vehicle's traction control system is to assist drivers in maintaining stability and control of the vehicle during adverse weather conditions or when the vehicle is stopped abruptly. ... The only time it may be necessary to turn the TCS off is when/if the vehicle is stuck in mud, snow or ice.

Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
No sure, but we had between 30-50cm of snow here today and My Rubicon was a tank in the snow. Had no trouble getting to worksite or up completely snow covered and drifted in roads.
That could be the solution. I have a Rubicon and a Sahara and the Rubicon is also a beast in snow or mud (yes we get both here in AZ). The Sahara not so much. A big difference the factory lockers make, now more one wheel spinning in the front and the opposite spinning in the rear

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Live in a decent solid 4-5 months of winter. All combos of snow, slush and ice. I have an inclined driveway that my wife on occasion cant get up with dedicated winter tires. Zero issues with my Gladiator on Firestone Destination XTs. Happy with the winter traction often unloaded. Better than my previous F150 and arguably better than my Taco on K02ā€™s.

zamboniman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
I'm surprised just how sure footed my gladiator feels in the snow. I expected it to be fine in 4wd and typical squirrely in 2wd. But it's surprisingly good in 2wd also

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD
I'm surprised just how sure footed my gladiator feels in the snow. I expected it to be fine in 4wd and typical squirrely in 2wd. But it's surprisingly good in 2wd also
I read (possibly somewhere in this thread) that the gladiatorā€™s weight distribution didnā€™t leave the rear light in weight.

Thatā€™s got to be why so many comment on its sure-footedness.

Or weā€™ve all drank the kool-aid!

My nickel is a little on both. ;)

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
As for traction, I just throw it in 4-hi if there is enough snow on the road to have the wheels slip and I drive safely.

Personally, I donā€™t change my traction control or tire pressure and have no trouble gripping.

What does happen during actual snowfall is the LED headlights and fog lights get covered and nighttime visibility drops.

I am half-considering some amber cube lights, but Iā€™m not sure if the typical a-pillar cowl mount would actually give me decent visibility in snowfall driving.

Iā€™ve also heard of people putting rain-x or Aquapel on their headlights to reduce slush buildup.

Anyone else done anything to improve nighttime snow driving visibility?
Also, my Overland has Tra
As for traction, I just throw it in 4-hi if there is enough snow on the road to have the wheels slip and I drive safely.

Personally, I donā€™t change my traction control or tire pressure and have no trouble gripping.
Also, my Overland is equipped with trac-lok. In terms of snow driving on pavement, Iā€™m sure it must kick in occasionally, though I am not aware of it.
Sponsored