Sponsored

NightFog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Auto manufacturers often offer special financing to drive up sales.

The chart was more to show to those complaining about sky high interest rates
that, while interest rates are up a few points but comparing historically,
they really have been much worse.
Sponsored

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Taking the roof off your truck a handful of times before you realize it's a hassle and just leave it on permanently is only worth so much extra $$ šŸ˜‚
You nailed it. Except it only took me one time to realize the hassle to remove the roof. Never had it off again. In fact, never took the freedom panels off after that either! :)

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74

Just like the people that complain about gas prices all the time. Compare current prices to the past. Then figure in today's inflation. Seems to me that gas is pretty cheap compared to 20 years ago.

Some folks just don't understand that. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

troverman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator

Your chart from the 90's shows rates as high as 11%. But 11% interest on a much smaller purchase price is far more manageable then on the massively inflated prices we get today.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
I think people are missing some important context. TFL Truck broke down volume by segment in this video showing the whole mid size truck segment doing terrible in 2023. Included the screenshot for your convenience.
IMG_0570.png
Mind you the Gladiator is not doing great even against the segment but itā€™s doing way better than the Ford Ranger.
Except for the Honda Ridgeline. Best sales year since the introduction of the model in 2005.

Sponsored

NightFog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Yea, I'm constantly complaining that gas prices are around $2.50
and not $.25 like I paid in the 60's

Hallsie11

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician
Just throwing this out there: I'd estimate that I see 100 non-Jeep midsize trucks for every JT I see. Most people want a pickup truck, not a Jeep, and the JT is a Jeep Wrangler with a pickup bed. Ford, Chevy, Toyota all offer trucks with big payloads and towing capacity now and better engine options than the JT. There's nothing special about the numbers. Demand for JT is less than demand for new Colorados and Canyons that can be had for a lot less than the cost of a JT and are very arguably much better trucks to live with day to day. Personally, and selfishly, I don't care if jeep stops making a JT. The cost of old Jeep pickups has gone way up and if less JTs on the road make my truck more valuable, then hell ya.
What I wanted most was something the doors were meant to come off on and the gladiator was one of two I looked at and much cheaper than a bronco even. I know quite a few folks who did choose a bronco. AND I even test drove a ridgeline but they have gotten uglier but they are very urban warrior practical. So overall a bit more clutter in the non big truck market. Iā€™ll still end up with a dodge ram too in three years once this Mojave is paid off

Zachanadandy

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical foreman
Exactly. Everyone else is $15k less with 0%-3.9% financing.

Taking the roof off your truck a handful of times before you realize it's a hassle and just leave it on permanently is only worth so much extra $$ šŸ˜‚
Not being stuck or broken when I take it off road and being able to slide it side ways comfortably in the dirt at 70mph are priceless though. I didn't buy it because it's a convertible, I bought it because it's a Jeep. If you want a cheap convertible go buy a miata.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
Except for the Honda Ridgeline. Best sales year since the introduction of the model in 2005.
Funny because I test drove one. Boring AF. I guess boring sells.........to lot's of people.

Edit to add; and the back seat space in the Gladiator is better .

STACHES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Alltrack, '74 X1/9, '71 240z, '66 C10
Occupation
Manufacturing Automation
Not being stuck or broken when I take it off road and being able to slide it side ways comfortably in the dirt at 70mph are priceless though. I didn't buy it because it's a convertible, I bought it because it's a Jeep. If you want a cheap convertible go buy a miata.
Definitely not my choice for high speed off road fun, but everyone is into different things.

Sponsored

Zachanadandy

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical foreman
Definitely not my choice for high speed off road fun, but everyone is into different things.
It's no Raptor, but after several terrible experiences with every Ford I've ever owned I'll never buy another one. The mojave being half the price thanks to the massive discounts on 2023s didn't hurt either. I still think it's the best mid-sized truck on the market off road, even at speed. People give the standard short arm ifs too much credit like it's a mid-long travel setup like the Raptor or a real long travel setup like an ultra 4 car. Not even close. The mojave will more comfortably carry speed through rough terrain than the stock 4runners and broncos I've driven for sure (some of that is wheelbase).

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
It's no Raptor, but after several terrible experiences with every Ford I've ever owned I'll never buy another one. The mojave being half the price thanks to the massive discounts on 2023s didn't hurt either. I still think it's the best mid-sized truck on the market off road, even at speed. People give the standard short arm ifs too much credit like it's a mid-long travel setup like the Raptor or a real long travel setup like an ultra 4 car. Not even close. The mojave will more comfortably carry speed through rough terrain than the stock 4runners and broncos I've driven for sure (some of that is wheelbase).
Fords have been more reliable for me than Jeeps. Luck of the draw I guess.

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S
Occupation
EHS
What I wanted most was something the doors were meant to come off on and the gladiator was one of two I looked at and much cheaper than a bronco even. I know quite a few folks who did choose a bronco. AND I even test drove a ridgeline but they have gotten uglier but they are very urban warrior practical. So overall a bit more clutter in the non big truck market. Iā€™ll still end up with a dodge ram too in three years once this Mojave is paid off
I had a 5G Ranger that was a PIECE. OF. CRAP. Had many issues, the trans being one of them. I really just wanted a manual truck and the Jeep was a good option for me so I got rid of the ranger after 8 months. The way the Jeep looks and the top coming off is mostly cool factor for me. I don't really take the top or doors off but it is neat.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
I had a 5G Ranger that was a PIECE. OF. CRAP. Had many issues, the trans being one of them. I really just wanted a manual truck and the Jeep was a good option for me so I got rid of the ranger after 8 months. The way the Jeep looks and the top coming off is mostly cool factor for me. I don't really take the top or doors off but it is neat.
My Gladiator got a new auto transmission at 21k miles. It currently has bubbling paint, heated wheel doesnā€™t work, driver proximity doesnā€™t work, passenger heated mirror doesnā€™t work, and the screen glitches occasionally. I still wouldnā€™t call it a POS, but someone else might.

jwolfejt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Where are you seeing that all sales are down? The reports that just came out says car sales are up across the board and back to pre-pandemic levels.
You haven't been to a Ford or GM/Chevy dealer.. literally ROWS and ROWS of trucks piled up. Truck sales are down big time- alot of these 23's are now hitting lots as well.. shoot there are still 23 model years being delivered.
Sponsored