Sponsored

Gladiator specific cross bars & bed racks now available!

OP
OP
KB Voodoo

KB Voodoo

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kbvoodoo.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JT
So will the URTC work with the MOPAR OEM tonneau cover?
The URTC doesn't come with side panels to restrict the length, so it can be positioned on the bed with no interference from the latch.
Sponsored

Tlhicks

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch edition
Vehicle Showcase
Possibly, we would have to take more measurements on a Gladiator to make sure.
There are a lot of us with factory covers and 4190 Launch edition model owners that would have and interest. They all came with factory covers.

OP
OP
KB Voodoo

KB Voodoo

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kbvoodoo.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JT
There are a lot of us with factory covers and 4190 Launch edition model owners that would have and interest. They all came with factory covers.
That's a bummer for those with the factory cover. Our rack is 46" long and it really can't be made any shorter without losing features.

If you look at our side panels, all those little holes provide certain mounting points for various accessories. If we made the rack any shorter, a bunch of those holes are going to be gone.

For now the only option we have for the factory cover is our Hi Rise Crossbars: https://www.kbvoodoo.com/shop?category=Truck+Bed+Crossbars

MAX Bed Rack 10x46 Side View.jpg

011Crmn

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Gator
Will the 58" alumax rack. (22" height) fit the Gladiator bed?

Sponsored

011Crmn

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Gator
Isn’t the bed 60” though ?

OP
OP
KB Voodoo

KB Voodoo

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kbvoodoo.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JT
Isn’t the bed 60” though ?
It is, but they put some stuff back near the tailgate that prevents a rack from attaching in that area. The usable area for mounting a rack is much less than 60".

Tlhicks

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch edition
Vehicle Showcase
That's a bummer for those with the factory cover. Our rack is 46" long and it really can't be made any shorter without losing features.

If you look at our side panels, all those little holes provide certain mounting points for various accessories. If we made the rack any shorter, a bunch of those holes are going to be gone.

For now the only option we have for the factory cover is our Hi Rise Crossbars: https://www.kbvoodoo.com/shop?category=Truck+Bed+Crossbars

MAX Bed Rack 10x46 Side View.jpg
You would just need to make the rear brackets attach prior to the factory tonneau cover latch on the rail system and instead going straight up and making the partial square around the cover, have a flat peace go down the bed to where the original bracket would be then make the partial square around the cover

Rear Bracket.jpg

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
The Utility Rack version looks good other than it would be nice if it had a slant above interference with the factory roll up tonneau (or other fold up types I'm sure, not to sound too personally motivated).

Can have a side panel added, which is cool and wouldn't want without. Looks like 49.34 to the extreme ends of the mounting provisions with the side panel installed. Best I can tell in the dark and rain here tonight, there's a curvy bit in the plastic side rail towards the cab, and then the latch at the back. From the curvy bit to the latch is about 45. Don't think it will go.

Nice though, so close to what I was looking for. I'll keep waiting. I'm pretty attached to that tonneau now, I don't want to change it.

OP
OP
KB Voodoo

KB Voodoo

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kbvoodoo.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JT
The Utility Rack version looks good other than it would be nice if it had a slant above interference with the factory roll up tonneau (or other fold up types I'm sure, not to sound too personally motivated).
Most people prefer the look of the slanted rack, but the URTC has sides that are straight up and down to allow a folding cover to flip open.

You can't flip open a tri-fold cover with any rack that slants inward.

Sponsored

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Max Modular or anyone else know if the no name colorado tonneau works? Otherwise I'm thinking about the access because its made for the gladiator specifically.
Really like the idea and diversity of the high rise crossbar

OP
OP
KB Voodoo

KB Voodoo

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kbvoodoo.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JT
Max Modular or anyone else know if the no name colorado tonneau works? Otherwise I'm thinking about the access because its made for the gladiator specifically.
Really like the idea and diversity of the high rise crossbar
That cover would work with our bars, but I don't know if it will work on the Gladiator.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I love that there is a tall version (does the 18” go up to the roof line or better slightly above soft top roof line which is higher than hard top roofline) and that it supports some version of a soft tonneau cover and has brackets for bikes. How about brackets for kayaks?

Pictures eventually would be awesome.

Edit: Actually I wonder if two bikes would fit under (in bed) and two bikes over (on rack) for 18” rack.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KB Voodoo

KB Voodoo

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kbvoodoo.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JT

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
i'm confused. Does your rack system work with the factory tonneau cover as long as the brackets aren't back where the tonneau cover latches?
Sponsored