Gladiator vs Lincoln MKS - Accident

calicorks

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
I’m so so sorry to hear this! I would not want a brand new vehicle with a salvaged title and would recommend to try to get it replaced. The good news is no one was hurt and you know where they live if they want to do anything funny with the accident.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Heisler63

Heisler63

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 TJ Wrangler Sport 2020 JT Gladiator Sport S
Maybe I'm dense, but how did the Lincoln end up on its back from that hit? Did it ride up your rear tire somehow and then flip?
I didn't see it happen, just heard it. I have no idea how the Lincoln managed to flip over, but that's a pretty good guess.

Thank you all for the condolences.

We are pushing the adjuster pretty hard at this point but until the estimator can come back with some kind of actual estimate we are stuck right now. We do have uninsured motorist coverage but there is no rental coverage. Fortunately my daily driver is the TJ, and my wife's is Volvo.

We are definitely looking at all the angles on this one. I was surprised that the insurance adjuster didn't just total it on the spot. The hidden damage could extend to the frame and the engine on top of everything else that was mentioned. Normally USAA is pretty on the spot and easy to deal with this one might test my patience with them.

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Sting grey M/T. Prius...
I'm so sorry for your loss and glad you weren't in your truck. Also sorry to be ignorant, but how would the situation become worse if you didn't have uninsured motorist coverage? I'm not sure if I have this but definitely need to consider after such a tragic incident.

OP
OP
Heisler63

Heisler63

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 TJ Wrangler Sport 2020 JT Gladiator Sport S
I'm so sorry for your loss and glad you weren't in your truck. Also sorry to be ignorant, but how would the situation become worse if you didn't have uninsured motorist coverage? I'm not sure if I have this but definitely need to consider after such a tragic incident.
With uninsured motorist coverage I would have to go after the other driver myself for the cost of the vehicle or the repairs. With the coverage USAA pays for the repairs/replacement (after my $500 deduct) and they go after the other driver instead. I save the time, the hassle and the potential legal fees. I still have the right to sue the other driver for my deductible and other non-recoverable costs like taxes and licensing fees.

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With uninsured motorist coverage I would have to go after the other driver myself for the cost of the vehicle or the repairs. With the coverage USAA pays for the repairs/replacement (after my $500 deduct) and they go after the other driver instead. I save the time, the hassle and the potential legal fees. I still have the right to sue the other driver for my deductible and other non-recoverable costs like taxes and licensing fees.
That would definitely cause more headache and time. I'll have to check up on this. I've been in a few accidents myself and I know it sucks but thanks for posting this. I'm gonna check my insurance who knows your post may save me in the future!

Sponsored

Hemi

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK, 2020 Gladiator
If you have an accident, and the other person is at fault, you're insurance is not paying for the repairs, the other person's company is. If they are not insured, you're company is still not paying, you are unless you are covered for uninsured motorists.

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you have an accident, and the other person is at fault, you're insurance is not paying for the repairs, the other person's company is. If they are not insured, you're company is still not paying, you are unless you are covered for uninsured motorists.
Good to know. My insurance premium is crazy high so I've cut corners to get the cheapest possible coverage. I'm definitely going to revist my coverage and make sure I have this. Trying to save a few hundreds per year isn't worth thousands in the future.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I just checked with my Geico agent and they said that I have the uninsured coverage. They made sure of it since I switched from State Farm to Geico. Many here will get the joke.

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely use the term, “diminished value” and chase it if the truck is not totaled. Do some research on that for your state.

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
That MKS does not look that old and I would put money on it they are still paying a note and will probably be having their loan bank all up in their ass over this since their vehicle is destroyed also. Your insurance and potentially their bank will be getting in line to probably try and get blood out of a turnip over this.

Hopefully your insurance pays out and totals it. I cannot not see it going any other way with what is shown.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
My big fear with having a nice vehicle...someone else doing something stupid to it. Happened with my M3 a year ago and still running through the paces on that one.

Best of luck for you. These things are a big headache.

Moab

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Jeep Gladiator Overland, ‘17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, ‘73 Porsche 914-6 GT,
Just saw this thread. Damn.
Sorry this happened. Glad no injuries.
That girl and her family just learned a hard lesson. This is going to be expensive for them. I’d hope you also had a police report.
Despite no injuries, another official document helps your cause. The police may or may not have cited her if they responded.
I’d push to have it totaled since the drive train was affected. It has to go on a frame bench and see where it’s specs lie.
It’s gonna be $$$$.
I had a brand new Ford Flex rear ended at a stop light by an F550. Pushed my wife into the opposite lane. She saw it coming and pressed the brakes so she wouldn’t hit the car in front of her. When they had it on the frame machine it was millimeters away from being totaled. It’s saving grace was the newness and it was those millimeters before it encroached on the “crumple” zones.
If it infiltrated into those,it was going to be a write off.
Good luck with everything. It will work out in time.
Keep us posted.

Jowen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon Cherokee an x2 2020 jt rubicon
I am sorry that it happened to you, at least your were parked, not in the vehicle and no injuries to you or the family. Also you know who hit your truck. My daughter was rear ended not to long ago, the driver was arrested, posted bond and disappeared, he was ill legal, no insurance, no license. The owner said he had sold the truck but failed to retain the tag by his state law.

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
USAA is a good insurance company. Have had them 40 years. You should do okay.
Sponsored