First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT
There's tons of BLM lands that have primitive camping available all over their parks. And camp sports with hookups are usually not that expensive, unless your looking at private resorts. I've seen some people show up late after the attendant person leaves and leave early before they get back the next morning. I'm sure that's not the proper thing to do but people do it. You can easily make reservations all over Texas with reserve America for hundreds of inexpensive sites.
Sponsored

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
You must have more pockets to empty than I do.
I did...

Actually, one of my retirement goals was to have all vehicles paid off and the build outs predominantly done. Now I can tinker and travel!

...and hijack threads.

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
There's tons of BLM lands that have primitive camping available all over their parks. And camp sports with hookups are usually not that expensive, unless your looking at private resorts. I've seen some people show up late after the attendant person leaves and leave early before they get back the next morning. I'm sure that's not the proper thing to do but people do it. You can easily make reservations all over Texas with reserve America for hundreds of inexpensive sites.
The catch here is after we did exactly this for the first few years it became hugely desirable to seek other options primarily because of our young children. We've seen everything from meth zombies roaming about the woods to HS kids crashing "gated" parks with field parties (legit bringing their own pallets to burn). If it were just my wife (or brother) and I no problem but yeah, nothing like the anxiety of dealing with that when you have young ones under your care. For us it became worth the $10 or $20 to post up on private land.

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
The catch here is after we did exactly this for the first few years it became hugely desirable to seek other options primarily because of our young children. We've seen everything from meth zombies roaming about the woods to HS kids crashing "gated" parks with field parties (legit bringing their own pallets to burn). If it were just my wife (or brother) and I no problem but yeah, nothing like the anxiety of dealing with that when you have young ones under your care. For us it became worth the $10 or $20 to post up on private land.
You need to go further off the beaten path to escape the riff raff. LOL.

Seriously, though I get it. We've had a couple nights like that too. The strangest one was during a rainstorm in the Tonto NF, these kids came and set up their party...even the rain didn't deter them.

Sidequest: I was born and raised in Morehead. Haven't been back in 40 years and thinking about an overlanding trek there this summer. I miss KY.

OP
OP
Summitsearcher

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That’s my point!

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
I miss KY.
We're on 50 acres w/ a catfish pond, gobs of trail throughout hollows and a few cleared acres for camping etc. For sure reach out if you end up roaming through the Hawesville area.

OP
OP
Summitsearcher

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll be honest and say I’ve literally emptied every pocket and had to tap out. I’m a cheep ass retired guy and his dog tryin to live the dream Of adventure on 25K a year. But, I make that 💩 work. Everything is almost paid for so ya work with what ya got. I had a great working life and worked hard for all I have. Now I’m squeezing a dollar bill out of wooden nickels. 🤣

Edit: Haven’t met a Zombie 🧟‍♂️ yet.

Sponsored

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
I’ll be honest and say I’ve literally emptied every pocket and had to tap out. I’m a cheep ass retired guy and his dog tryin to live the dream Of adventure on 25K a year. But, I make that 💩 work. Everything is almost paid for so ya work with what ya got. I had a great working life and worked hard for all I have. Now I’m squeezing a dollar bill out of wooden nickels. 🤣

Edit: Haven’t met a Zombie 🧟‍♂️ yet.

This is the way to go, wife and I cant wait until we can get back to getting lost.

Hunter106

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
At my place, walk distance to lake also means walk distance to the local watering hole on the water. Great place for live music and tellin' lies.

Bonus: Might even get a ride in the back of my airplane before the cold snacks start.
Form-N.jpg
Looks like you did a great job building that RV4. My father in law has one as well. Those are fun planes.

DCPHOENIX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Dad
We aren’t on land, just a quiet cul de sac in Maumelle, Arkansas. We have a 5 bedroom house with 3 bathrooms and are always up for drop in guests. Talking to someone other than my 2 year old is enjoyable :CWL:

OP
OP
Summitsearcher

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
This is the way to go, wife and I cant wait until we can get back to getting lost.
No alarm clock, no schedules or operational meetings. No problems! Just Jeeps and the outdoors. Oh, and lots of beef jerky.
Sponsored