Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
As of today, the dealer and Jeep Chat have no idea where my JTR is in transit since the shipper's website still has no information. Not sure when I should cut my losses and eat my $500 down payment. Ordered 2/25:

2/25/2022 - Ordered (Larry Miller Jeep, Albuquerque, NM)
2/28 - VIN
3/5- Parts scheduling
3/7 - D1 - scheduled for production - estimated ship date 4/17
4/4 - E- entered framing
4/5 - F- paint
4/5 - G - Trim
4/6 - I - Completed build process, pending quality inspection. No dealer ETA has been provided.
4/7 - Build sheet published
4/14 - J = vehicle passed final inspection but not released to carrier (waiting to be loaded on train). No dealer ETA has been provided.
4/24 - in transit and window sticker published
5/12 - dealer and Jeep Chat say they have no idea where my JTR is, and there is no information obtainable from the shipper's website. Dealer said there is no information since 4/24.
I'm curious - would you really have to eat the 500 if you can say they lost your order, the product can't be found and you've waited a reasonable amount of time?
I have a bit of a problem with what they are telling you - they literally lost track of a vehicle.
On the other hand - all truckers carry the paperwork outlining what they are carrying, from where and to where. I'd bet that they even have to have the VINs on hand.
Our truck driving friends can chime in on this, but it seems that there's tracking of everything, especially vehicles, whether it be truck or train, the shipping company is responsible. Jeep has a record of WHO they gave that vehicle to. For one thing, there's got to be records for loss, insurance purposes. They have to prove who had it, when they had it, the VIN and so on. Otherwise, imagine all of the vehicles that could "get lost" and sold for parts.

I say - they just aren't looking. Jeep has a record. They KNOW who got that vehicle. There's a path from Toledo to each dealer and they could follow it - if they cared to.

Maybe tell them they have to prove where it is or you consider it lost and cancel and get your money back because they could not perform their end of things.
If they knew where it was and could prove it, that might be different. But saying they are clueless is in a sense admitting they lost it.

I'm no lawyer, but it just seems that you likely have an out here.

Advertisement

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
As of today, the dealer and Jeep Chat have no idea where my JTR is in transit since the shipper's website still has no information. Not sure when I should cut my losses and eat my $500 down payment. Ordered 2/25:

2/28 - VIN
3/5- Parts scheduling
4/4 - E- entered framing
4/5 - F- paint
4/5 - G - Trim
4/6 - I - Completed build process, pending quality inspection. No dealer ETA has been provided.
4/14 - J = vehicle passed final inspection but not released to carrier (waiting to be loaded on train). No dealer ETA has been provided.
5/12 - dealer and Jeep Chat say they have no idea where my JTR is, and there is no information obtainable from the shipper's website. Dealer said there is no information since 4/24.
How could it possibly be lost? I thought they all came with the super secret little black box with the flashing LED tucked up under the dash?

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S/MT; 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 HEMI
Occupation
IT

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S/MT; 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 HEMI
Occupation
IT
at first i was like, “Was it something I said??” lol. you’ll really hate to know that window sticker is now published…
I really hope for your sake that you enjoy the hell out of it!

LOL

Sponsored

Coldtoes

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon - Hyrdro Blue

2/28 - VIN
3/5- Parts scheduling
4/4 - E- entered framing
4/5 - F- paint
4/5 - G - Trim
How did you get the details on all the build status dates? I’ve been asking just for my current code and I’m getting nothing. I was hoping to get some idea what might be delaying mine…

JT Rubicon, gas, auto, hydro blue
Mine ordered 3/5
VON, VIN, and sticker present.
original estimates ship date of 4/9
2nd estimated ship date 4/29
Ever since 4/29 no ship date available

current status Jeep Chat says is “Shipping” (pending shipping) but not to confuse that with “transport” (meaning actually shipped)

OffAxis2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
25th. Anniversary Ducati Monster 1200 #188/500
Occupation
Company car hauling truck driver 26 years 2024.
Mojave ordered March 12th.
Was informed today that it is in Detroit holding/storage, because of hood graphics shortage. Ugh!

Last edited:

Pedal Metal

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 1975 Camaro, 1973 Beetle
Occupation
Analyst
Mojave ordered March 12th.
was informed today that it is in Detroit holding/storage, because of hood graphics shortage. Ugh!
How is that something they don’t already have an increased minimum inventory level held on hand given the risk of such a bottleneck in tight times?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Have you heard of "just in time"........... it was pioneered decades ago by another car company. Inventory costs money. Sitting inventory is dollars tied up.

But the other more likely thing is that they have barely been keeping up, or not even keeping up, and can't get "Excess inventory" to have on hand. Likely they aren't able to get as many as needed.
You can't stock up and have bunches on hand if you can't get even enough to keep up with manufacturing demand.

No one does, nor can they, keep hundreds of thousands of parts on hand, sitting, waiting.

Can't get extras and build up inventory if you can't get enough to stay even. Not that any car maker does keep inventory.............

Pedal Metal

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 1975 Camaro, 1973 Beetle
Occupation
Analyst
Have you heard of "just in time"........... it was pioneered decades ago by another car company. Inventory costs money. Sitting inventory is dollars tied up.

But the other more likely thing is that they have barely been keeping up, or not even keeping up, and can't get "Excess inventory" to have on hand. Likely they aren't able to get as many as needed.
You can't stock up and have bunches on hand if you can't get even enough to keep up with manufacturing demand.

No one does, nor can they, keep hundreds of thousands of parts on hand, sitting, waiting.

Can't get extras and build up inventory if you can't get enough to stay even. Not that any car maker does keep inventory.............
Yep, I have an accounting degree and a background in that and supply chain as a sourcing analyst. …Just In Time (JIT) an American idea that was adopted by Toyota is never an excuse to run out of a key components. Even though an inventory mgmt goal is lean inventory levels, successful practitioners should always manage inventory levels so there is never an outage. We’re literally talking about a decal of a size sufficient to store thousands within the bed of a gladiator. I’m just saying that this isn’t something like storing an extra couple thousand Dana 44’s.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, I have an accounting degree and a background in that and supply chain as a sourcing analyst. …Just In Time (JIT) an American idea that was adopted by Toyota is never an excuse to run out of a key components. Even though an inventory mgmt goal is lean inventory levels, successful practitioners should always manage inventory levels so there is never an outage. We’re literally talking about a decal of a size sufficient to store thousands within the bed of a gladiator. I’m just saying that this isn’t something like storing an extra couple thousand Dana 44’s.
But literally everything is in short supply. You can't make it if you don't have the help to make it.
There are simple wiring harnesses I can't get until late summer. Been out since last fall. The company doesn't have the ability to produce them due to supply shortages and lack of staff.
Those decals also have specific specs........ they can't just contact a sign shop and say hey, make us a couple hundred of thee.

Chonkyrubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Gladiator Rubicon ordered 4/2 (Saturday). VIN received 4/4 (Monday). Tracking system down until last week, build completed on 5/9 and sent to vendor for spray in bed liner. Status updated to shipping, not yet shipped on 5/10. Window sticker available online 5/12.

Now just waiting on the railroad.

xcola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator, 2009 Jeep Wrangler
Gladiator Rubicon ordered 4/2 (Saturday). VIN received 4/4 (Monday). Tracking system down until last week, build completed on 5/9 and sent to vendor for spray in bed liner. Status updated to shipping, not yet shipped on 5/10. Window sticker available online 5/12.

Now just waiting on the railroad.
Are you receiving the status from your dealer? Is there another resource to find the status code? I ordered my JT on April 1st. Received a VIN on April 2nd. My dealer says mine has been D1 since April 4th. I have had a build sheet since April 12th and a window sticker since May 9th, which according to the dealer is 4 days past the ship date of May 5th. Every time I get on Jeep Chat, the agents say they can't get the status codes for any Jeep. I have two vehicles I will be selling to finance this truck, but I don't want to sell them too soon and be without them for an extended period of time.

Any information that can point me towards the actual status of my Gladiator would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

wolfstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 Gobi JTR (on order)
Gobi Gladiator manual ordered on 3/17. Build sheet found 5/12. Contacted Jeep chat and dealer.
Currently in Shipping stage with dealer ETA 5/23-6/6.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Are you receiving the status from your dealer? Is there another resource to find the status code? I ordered my JT on April 1st. Received a VIN on April 2nd. My dealer says mine has been D1 since April 4th. I have had a build sheet since April 12th and a window sticker since May 9th, which according to the dealer is 4 days past the ship date of May 5th. Every time I get on Jeep Chat, the agents say they can't get the status codes for any Jeep. I have two vehicles I will be selling to finance this truck, but I don't want to sell them too soon and be without them for an extended period of time.

Any information that can point me towards the actual status of my Gladiator would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Wow, my dealer must really be low on the list as it was days before I had a VIN, still D status, build not scheduled and you had a build sheet in less than 2 weeks?

I do believe it's a bit to do with the status of the dealer with Jeep. It's one reason after they sell you a vehicle they beg and beg you to complete a survey and do anything they can to get you to give them a 10. I was told flat out by the sales manager the first time I bought a Gladiator that they relied on those perfect surveys to maintain some sort of priority status.
Obviously this dealership didn't get the 10s they needed.

Ordered 5/2, VON 5/3, VIN the first of this week, still in scheduling phase, not yet scheduled to build 11 days later. And yet I see a number of people here with a build scheduled within 1 week.

Advertisement

Advertisement