Gladiator Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

RS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD on order, 2017 4runner TRD
Occupation
Self Employed
And yet some who ordered months later, and ordered fully loaded, everything but smokers group, kitchen sink and toilet, have not only seen theirs complete, but delivered as well.
Makes no sense. ACC is ACC on any Gladiator. Power windows are power windows on any Gladiator, 8.4" radio is the same on any Gladiator (I take that back - are some of these modules pre-programmed for the specific Jeep and option combination they will be put into? LED lighting has places where these are configured for specific voltage regulation to the lights, in fact, to each corner)
I was one of those whose JT was built and sat for two months at the shipping lot while those orders placed after mine were built and delivered. Mine had no safety features and no LED's. It did get aux switches, front camera, 8.4 radio, tow package, gorilla glass, slush mats, trail rail, mud tires, cold weather group with cloth, body color fenders with black hard top. Nothing really special for the most part I don't think. I can't speak of the programmed modues for specific models especially for LED's since I did not get those although I will be putting them after the fact. That is the biggest regret that I have had thus far is not opting for LED and the steel front bumper.

Advertisement

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I was one of those whose JT was built and sat for two months at the shipping lot while those orders placed after mine were built and delivered. Mine had no safety features and no LED's. It did get aux switches, front camera, 8.4 radio, tow package, gorilla glass, slush mats, trail rail, mud tires, cold weather group with cloth, body color fenders with black hard top. Nothing really special for the most part I don't think. I can't speak of the programmed modues for specific models especially for LED's since I did not get those although I will be putting them after the fact. That is the biggest regret that I have had thus far is not opting for LED and the steel front bumper.
After showing my wife some of the pics of forum members who have been "rear-ended" with their Gladiators, my wife suggested I get a steel rear bumper for mine - but those can't be ordered on the Overland. Otherwise, that would have been a check mark, too.
After having my 2020 with LED, I doubt I ever go back. My SX4's halogens I have in that car now and the halogens on my Silverado were fine, but I love the lights on this truck.

trizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Diesel
Mine was updated to shipped today! Estimated ship date was 5/9 and it was actually shipped on 5/13. ETA from Toledo to Salt Lake City is 5/26 with 3 rail stops along the way. Should be at the dealer by 5/27 or 5/28.
I think @trizzle ordered about the same time and still hasn't received his either.
yeah. I'm hoping for the 28th. I think chat is good for the build process, but after that they are unreliable. @Chonkyrubi I'm in east Idaho, ordered 01/31. I'm in transit right now, I think there's a good chance yours in on rail with mine.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
I'm curious - would you really have to eat the 500 if you can say they lost your order, the product can't be found and you've waited a reasonable amount of time?
I have a bit of a problem with what they are telling you - they literally lost track of a vehicle.
On the other hand - all truckers carry the paperwork outlining what they are carrying, from where and to where. I'd bet that they even have to have the VINs on hand.
Our truck driving friends can chime in on this, but it seems that there's tracking of everything, especially vehicles, whether it be truck or train, the shipping company is responsible. Jeep has a record of WHO they gave that vehicle to. For one thing, there's got to be records for loss, insurance purposes. They have to prove who had it, when they had it, the VIN and so on. Otherwise, imagine all of the vehicles that could "get lost" and sold for parts.

I say - they just aren't looking. Jeep has a record. They KNOW who got that vehicle. There's a path from Toledo to each dealer and they could follow it - if they cared to.

Maybe tell them they have to prove where it is or you consider it lost and cancel and get your money back because they could not perform their end of things.
If they knew where it was and could prove it, that might be different. But saying they are clueless is in a sense admitting they lost it.

I'm no lawyer, but it just seems that you likely have an out here.
What seems odd as well, is that without that vehicle, they get nothing from me, and they get invoiced when it's built. They also have allocations of five other Gladiators that haven't come in either. "Nothing since 4/26" would suggest to me if I was a dealer that it's time to do some investigating. We all know that the shippers server was hacked or something else happened last month, but the site has been up for a while. Also, Jeep Chat told me the same thing that the dealer did. It's amazing that Jeep makes any money at all, maybe only because they are so overpriced.

Sponsored

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Frustrating I know. Mine is still "scheduled to be built" according to Jeep chat as of this morning, with no other information available. Ordered 4/12.
Like I said in my reply to ShadowsPapa, it's amazing that Jeep makes any money at all. Maybe because they are so overpriced. I will say that a neighbor ordered a Bronco last summer and has nothing yet.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wow, my dealer must really be low on the list as it was days before I had a VIN, still D status, build not scheduled and you had a build sheet in less than 2 weeks?

I do believe it's a bit to do with the status of the dealer with Jeep. It's one reason after they sell you a vehicle they beg and beg you to complete a survey and do anything they can to get you to give them a 10. I was told flat out by the sales manager the first time I bought a Gladiator that they relied on those perfect surveys to maintain some sort of priority status.
Obviously this dealership didn't get the 10s they needed.

Ordered 5/2, VON 5/3, VIN the first of this week, still in scheduling phase, not yet scheduled to build 11 days later. And yet I see a number of people here with a build scheduled within 1 week.
You know, it looks like Jeep is just crammed due to parts issues. But mine was build last month, and has disappeared into "shipping limbo", and it looks like many others. Jeep and the dealers are losing money. I'd get another shipper. But, maybe they don't care since the dealer has to pay the invoice while it's being shipped according to my dealer.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
You know, it looks like Jeep is just crammed due to parts issues. But mine was build last month, and has disappeared into "shipping limbo", and it looks like many others. Jeep and the dealers are losing money. I'd get another shipper. But, maybe they don't care since the dealer has to pay the invoice while it's being shipped according to my dealer.
I read somewhere that the "invoice" is printed up so to speak, as quick as the Jeep is done and passes final inspection. It's like one of us ordering something, your credit card being charged, then a week later it gets shipped and maybe arrives 2 weeks later.
The dealer is invoiced before the thing leaves Ohio is what I've heard, too.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I read somewhere that the "invoice" is printed up so to speak, as quick as the Jeep is done and passes final inspection. It's like one of us ordering something, your credit card being charged, then a week later it gets shipped and maybe arrives 2 weeks later.
The dealer is invoiced before the thing leaves Ohio is what I've heard, too.
Well, we have no real control over it all, so I guess it's just one more beer and stop thinking about it until we get a call from the dealer.

Sponsored

OffAxis2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
25th. Anniversary Ducati Monster 1200 #188/500
Occupation
Company car hauling truck driver 26 years 2024.
Any update on the mojave graphics shortage?
Not since the Thursday mention, no.

As hard as it is, I will only contact my sales guy once a week on Friday. He just happen to beat me to it.

If anything, I figured it would have been the Mopar seats “upgrade.”

¯\_(❛︣ ͜ʖ ❛᷅)_/¯

MrB

First Name
MrB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 JTM, '19 Audi Q5, '22 SQ5 (ordered)
Occupation
Make the internet go vroom
checked with Jeep chat again (trying to leave Daniel alone) and they said:

I am showing that your vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment. This is a necessary step when additional features or Optional equip
ment packages are added to the vehicle. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided.
im assuming that’s the body vendor where my Sunrider and tonneau will be installed? Anyways, it’s moving along nicely. Also checked crypto stickers and my build sheet is there! Didn’t get an email though 🤷🏻‍♂️

FamilyTruckster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Consulting on Stuff
We ordered our Jeep on 5/11, and apparently, it was moved to JS status this morning!

Advertisement

Advertisement