First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Aviator
Wow, my dealer must really be low on the list as it was days before I had a VIN, still D status, build not scheduled and you had a build sheet in less than 2 weeks?

I do believe it's a bit to do with the status of the dealer with Jeep. It's one reason after they sell you a vehicle they beg and beg you to complete a survey and do anything they can to get you to give them a 10. I was told flat out by the sales manager the first time I bought a Gladiator that they relied on those perfect surveys to maintain some sort of priority status.
Obviously this dealership didn't get the 10s they needed.

Ordered 5/2, VON 5/3, VIN the first of this week, still in scheduling phase, not yet scheduled to build 11 days later. And yet I see a number of people here with a build scheduled within 1 week.
Frustrating I know. Mine is still "scheduled to be built" according to Jeep chat as of this morning, with no other information available. Ordered 4/12.

Advertisement

Ry89JT

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Anyone else recently order from koons? Mine build sheet and sticker were available last week but shipping ETAs are a black hole. Was told 5/3 and then 5/6 - 5/18, now its unknown.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Frustrating I know. Mine is still "scheduled to be built" according to Jeep chat as of this morning, with no other information available. Ordered 4/12.
Wow, weeks before me. Well, we're sitting in the same line, I guess. (might as well sit, it could be a long time standing)
The first time my dealer actually kept me up on things quite well.
I was beginning to think maybe he was either not as interested (I did sort of frustrate them last time) or busy or dropping the ball.
Could just be - there's no news and he's sitting there like us - no idea where things stand.

skindata

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Assembly Technician
I can tell you first hand that they haven’t been running good over at TSAP basically this whole week. Might push dates out even further. I’m in the same boat everyone else is, waiting to just get a build sheet.

shokker70

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail
Order date of 4/20. I have zero info other than a VIN. Also didn't ask dealer for anything other than to update me when it hits D1. Keep in mind I know the GM personally. His thoughts were it wouldn't be here till June and maybe even July. We verified before ordering that nothing on my list would cause delays. Not that that couldn't change mid stream.

Sponsored

Chonkyrubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Are you receiving the status from your dealer? Is there another resource to find the status code? I ordered my JT on April 1st. Received a VIN on April 2nd. My dealer says mine has been D1 since April 4th. I have had a build sheet since April 12th and a window sticker since May 9th, which according to the dealer is 4 days past the ship date of May 5th. Every time I get on Jeep Chat, the agents say they can't get the status codes for any Jeep. I have two vehicles I will be selling to finance this truck, but I don't want to sell them too soon and be without them for an extended period of time.

Any information that can point me towards the actual status of my Gladiator would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

The tracking system was down for a while so I only started getting real updates this week. Before that the dealer said it was D1 and the estimated ship date kept changing (may 16, then may 3, then may 9). Jeep chat gave me the generic response but my dealer gave me status codes once they started updating. Everyone I’ve talked to, and from what I’ve read on here, says that the estimated ship date is often the date it’s fully built. The last status I got two days ago was KZLD.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The tracking system was down for a while so I only started getting real updates this week. Before that the dealer said it was D1 and the estimated ship date kept changing (may 16, then may 3, then may 9). Jeep chat gave me the generic response but my dealer gave me status codes once they started updating. Everyone I’ve talked to, and from what I’ve read on here, says that the estimated ship date is often the date it’s fully built. The last status I got two days ago was KZLD.
There are multiple places here in the forum, dating back over 2 years ago, where it was said the "ship date" is the actual final build date.
Here is an email I received October 28, 2019, from my dealer - at that time he was tracking my 2020 order status very closely:

The von# is 44784623, as of this morning the unit moved to D1 status (plant has sequenced unit for production with estimated ship date assigned, approx 11/04?) I'll let you know when status changes on my end.

Note that the sticker on my door jamb says the build date of my truck was November 05, 2019.
He told me again this time that the ship date is normally actually closer to when it is built.

So on 10/28/2019 I got an email, as of that morning my 2020 moved to D1 with ship date assigned of 11/04. The truck was built 11/05 (final date and time on the sticker)
I received the truck 11/12/2019

I wonder- is that ship date the date the body vendor sends your body (well, not yours, the truck's body) to the Jeep plant for final assembly? If the ship date was 11/04, the truck was completed 11/05 it would make sense the ship date is the BODY vendor ship date to Jeep??
(all on the same big Toledo campus, but they have to be moved somehow)

Several have said their ship date ended up being build date. That's the only logical explanation I have, for whatever the heck that is worth! (everything you paid for it, I'm sure)

SpirituallyBuff

First Name
Jaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Scion xB
Occupation
Pastor
There are multiple places here in the forum, dating back over 2 years ago, where it was said the "ship date" is the actual final build date.
Here is an email I received October 28, 2019, from my dealer - at that time he was tracking my 2020 order status very closely:

The von# is 44784623, as of this morning the unit moved to D1 status (plant has sequenced unit for production with estimated ship date assigned, approx 11/04?) I'll let you know when status changes on my end.

Note that the sticker on my door jamb says the build date of my truck was November 05, 2019.
He told me again this time that the ship date is normally actually closer to when it is built.

So on 10/28/2019 I got an email, as of that morning my 2020 moved to D1 with ship date assigned of 11/04. The truck was built 11/05 (final date and time on the sticker)
I received the truck 11/12/2019

I wonder- is that ship date the date the body vendor sends your body (well, not yours, the truck's body) to the Jeep plant for final assembly? If the ship date was 11/04, the truck was completed 11/05 it would make sense the ship date is the BODY vendor ship date to Jeep??
(all on the same big Toledo campus, but they have to be moved somehow)

Several have said their ship date ended up being build date. That's the only logical explanation I have, for whatever the heck that is worth! (everything you paid for it, I'm sure)
that would make sense. ship date = out of build sequences. all “build codes” are done and now “shipping codes” would start being applied.

313IFD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR gobi, auto, premium top, aux, bedliner
I'm in framing, almost 2 mos to the day from order. One week after ordering, Stellantis set a build date of 5/9. On 5/10 my dealer let me know a minor delay to 5/21 😭 . Today, my insider friend saw it hit framing just after midnight :clap: it's getting real. Build sheet is not avail.

Gobi JTR Ordered 3/14, Framed 5/13.

SpeedNeed

First Name
Speed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon, S4, Panamera
My initial dealer print-out had had “Build Priority: 99 code on it.
My Build Sheet has “Special Scheduling Condition VII”.
I did do my best to encourage speed but I doubt it mattered.

Anybody Else want to share theirs?

Maybe shipping is faster when they have a bunch going to one dealer, or to an area with many dealers? .I can easily imagine them holding vehicles until they have full load to send.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Chonkyrubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Mine was updated to shipped today! Estimated ship date was 5/9 and it was actually shipped on 5/13. ETA from Toledo to Salt Lake City is 5/26 with 3 rail stops along the way. Should be at the dealer by 5/27 or 5/28.

Chumley

First Name
John K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2020 Mini Clubman JCW
Occupation
Retired
Well, looks like I’m winning the longest wait game. I ordered my Gladiator on January 30th and as of last week Jeep Chat said it will be delivered between May 12th and May 26th. Dealer just said mid to late June. They’ve also said late April to early May…🤷🏼

I’m trying not to be a pain in the ass to the dealer but I’ve got tires sitting at an installer and the vacation I’m taking which I switched from a motorcycle tour to one where I break in the Jeep is about to get rescheduled.

There must be a new salesman at the dealership as he’s telling me I should be happy because now he’s saying 6-9 months. I’m looking at ordering an M3 and it’s 1 to 1 1/2 years so I will automatically get a 2023.

RS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD on order, 2017 4runner TRD
Occupation
Self Employed
Well, looks like I’m winning the longest wait game. I ordered my Gladiator on January 30th and as of last week Jeep Chat said it will be delivered between May 12th and May 26th. Dealer just said mid to late June. They’ve also said late April to early May…🤷🏼

I’m trying not to be a pain in the ass to the dealer but I’ve got tires sitting at an installer and the vacation I’m taking which I switched from a motorcycle tour to one where I break in the Jeep is about to get rescheduled.

There must be a new salesman at the dealership as he’s telling me I should be happy because now he’s saying 6-9 months. I’m looking at ordering an M3 and it’s 1 to 1 1/2 years so I will automatically get a 2023.
I think @trizzle ordered about the same time and still hasn't received his either.

skindata

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Assembly Technician

Where do you live?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I think @trizzle ordered about the same time and still hasn't received his either.
And yet some who ordered months later, and ordered fully loaded, everything but smokers group, kitchen sink and toilet, have not only seen theirs complete, but delivered as well.
Makes no sense. ACC is ACC on any Gladiator. Power windows are power windows on any Gladiator, 8.4" radio is the same on any Gladiator (I take that back - are some of these modules pre-programmed for the specific Jeep and option combination they will be put into? LED lighting has places where these are configured for specific voltage regulation to the lights, in fact, to each corner)

Advertisement

Advertisement