• 0 bytes Views: 0

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
My dealer in Atlanta charged me $2,750 for the Mopar lift installed. I felt that was high, but had no option given my schedule at the time. This was the week before Christmas and I was away until the week after Christmas.

My bigger issue is that I was very clear that I wanted the crate and all my parts returned (My Rubi had 10 miles on it when purchased). When I picked it up, they returned nothing. When I pressed them, they said they threw it all away! They promised to make it right, but have made no effort to date. I will not let it go. This is Palmer in Roswell if it matters.
I would value those items @$750 and give them 48 hours to produce the parts or a check.

mzeblue

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, E300
Overland on 37s. 2” Mopar lift. Nothing scrubs turning full left/right... haven’t crawled anything yet though.

CD2FAA01-25CA-4384-842F-DEACF5F31871.jpeg
@JT_Chief

What has been your experience running 37’s this far with the 3.73 gears in your Overland? I’ve been weighing the 35/37 decision. Thanks.

Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
I would value those items @$750 and give them 48 hours to produce the parts or a check.
That’s some bullshit. I guarantee someone from the shop took them home or they gave them to another customer. You wouldn’t believe the people that just give away their take off suspension and wheels just simply because they don’t feel like the haste dealing with it.

I would ask them to come up with the set or to buy you a new set... whatever it costs them.

If you haven’t talked to the GM, I would address it immediately. It should scare them a little, especially if they don’t have them. Then bff I’ve them two options: 1) buy all new items that’s were taken off. 2) ask for $600 of your install labor.

There is a guy in Virginia that installs lifts on Jeeps and his price is for the rubi take offs. He usually sells them for between 1100-1600 depending on what they are. So he makes out like a bandit. I almost picked up a set from him but I’m glad I waited because I like my all black rims and got a killer deal with larger than stock Rubi tires.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
That’s some bullshit. I guarantee someone from the shop took them home or they gave them to another customer. You wouldn’t believe the people that just give away their take off suspension and wheels just simply because they don’t feel like the haste dealing with it.

I would ask them to come up with the set or to buy you a new set... whatever it costs them.

If you haven’t talked to the GM, I would address it immediately. It should scare them a little, especially if they don’t have them. Then bff I’ve them two options: 1) buy all new items that’s were taken off. 2) ask for $600 of your install labor.

There is a guy in Virginia that installs lifts on Jeeps and his price is for the rubi take offs. He usually sells them for between 1100-1600 depending on what they are. So he makes out like a bandit. I almost picked up a set from him but I’m glad I waited because I like my all black rims and got a killer deal with larger than stock Rubi tires.
Sooo, you're quoting me, calling bullshit, then seemingly agreeing, then coming up with a similar answer.

So, clarify yourself. I know exactly what happened to the take off parts. The mechanic took them, and the crate and will sell them on Craigslist, the badge is stuck on or in his toolbox.

If people don't hold the dealership responsible, this shit will never change. I promise you as surely as I'm writing this the dealership would produce MY parts, or they would cut me a check one or the other.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sooo, you're quoting me, calling bullshit, then seemingly agreeing, then coming up with a similar answer.

So, clarify yourself. I know exactly what happened to the take off parts. The mechanic took them, and the crate and will sell them on Craigslist, the badge is stuck on or in his toolbox.

If people don't hold the dealership responsible, this shit will never change. I promise you as surely as I'm writing this the dealership would produce MY parts, or they would cut me a check one or the other.
Sorry my response was for sympathy for you, not against you, that what happened to you was bullshit. Keep us posted on how it goes. Hopefully you come out on top.

Edit: I See what happened, I actually meant to quote the post about the take off being taken, not yours, sorry for the confusion. I agree w you and that he should get cash back!

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Mopar lift, 37/13.5-20 on Fuel Rampage wheels. Sorry for the dirty truck and quality of pics, I’ll post more this weekend.

As for the dealer shenanigans, I’m working with one of the owners of the dealership to resolve this and he has asked me to give him some time to resolve. Hey, I got nothing but time, but there is a limit to my patience.

4EF8EE88-1915-4A84-8E77-D886195F6860.jpeg

F78E1B5D-BF87-42A6-A564-C365398170FA.jpeg

Sponsored

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Mopar lift, 37/13.5-20 on Fuel Rampage wheels. Sorry for the dirty truck and quality of pics, I’ll post more this weekend.

As for the dealer shenanigans, I’m working with one of the owners of the dealership to resolve this and he has asked me to give him some time to resolve. Hey, I got nothing but time, but there is a limit to my patience.

Looks good.

Go have some work done in his shop and when they ask you to pay just tell them you're working on it and need some time to resolve it. See how that works out.

What he is telling you, is it is standard practice to keep and sell the parts, but as soon as they have an unsuspecting customer put a lift on you can have their parts.

I hate me a thief.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
That is exactly what they are saying and I questioned that exact point.

He quickly said he meant he would lift an unsold Rubicon and give me those parts.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think we both know the truth here.
That sucks the dealer is a shister like that. Mine is too, I think I’m going to get everything else done to my JT at another dealer that’s only a couple more miles away in the opposite direction.

I stopped buying 4runners because my local Toyota service department sucked so bad. I caught them in about 4 outright lies. Sounds like many Jeep dealers are getting the same reputation, which sucks. ...

Southbayglad

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020

The thing about it is what they did is called "theft". Those parts and box were yours and were purchased by you. The only contract regarding exchange of money was between you and the dealer for installation ie "labor". In california grand theft is over $1,000 and is a felony. So basically they committed a felonious grand theft and then possibly committed another crime by knowingly selling stolen goods. In california a police officer will not get involved when it is a civil court matter, but your dealer has crossed the line into criminal courts. So I would go down and file a police report for "Grand theft", and also possibly for "Receiving and selling stolen property". I guarantee a call from the detectives will get their asses in gear real fast and find those parts, and also a talk from their boss about being thieves. Since we cant go down and smack people around for this anymore, the only way to resolve it would be like this and teach them a lesson.
Sponsored