First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Hey fellow GFCers! Just picked mine up in December.
Made the trek out there as part of a 5,500mi adventure!
I was staying with family in Florida, had to relocate to Texas for work, but all my stuff was back in Colorado... I received an early December install date and realized I can make it all happen in one long loop!

Drove FL to CO to leave the unnecessaries in storage, then on to Bozeman for install.
Decided I might as well hit Glacier NP while I'm up there (what's another 9 hours?). Back to CO to pack up all my stuff (so nice having extra dry/secure storage with a topper now!), then it was on to Austin!

All-in-all I ended up with 5,465.6 more miles on the odometer and 17 days of travel/adventure with my best bud Bear.

Looking forward to seeing more people show off their builds!
Jeep Gladiator Gofastcamper (gfc) mods, tips, pics, bs and builds tempImageVamPQ0
Jeep Gladiator Gofastcamper (gfc) mods, tips, pics, bs and builds IMG_1422 Lar
Jeep Gladiator Gofastcamper (gfc) mods, tips, pics, bs and builds IMG_1453 Lar
Jeep Gladiator Gofastcamper (gfc) mods, tips, pics, bs and builds IMG_1541 Lar
Jeep Gladiator Gofastcamper (gfc) mods, tips, pics, bs and builds tempImageFzPNnc
Sponsored

badger719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Welcome!

I don't think I've posted mine in this thread before. Picked it up at the end of October. Side tent doors, no windows. Slate grey tent color. Goes great with the Sting Grey on the JT.

Lift is a 2.5" Clayton Ride Right with the optional HD rear springs and a 1" terraflex spacer on the front coils. Tires are Kenda Klever 35x10.5xr17 RT.

Jeep Gladiator Gofastcamper (gfc) mods, tips, pics, bs and builds IMG_0968.JPEG

Concentric_Killa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Rubi JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Thinking about ordering the topper but was wondering if I will need stiffer rear springs? I have a stock 23' Rubicon with 1300 miles. I will eventually get a lift, but wanted to wait one or two years before going down that rabbit hole.

Is the stock rubicon suspension too soft for a gfc? Will the rear end sag?

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
Yes, yes, and yes. You can probably get away with just spacers for a time, or just a spring replacement that gets you back to stock height. But if you're like most people, you'll want to do the full kit sooner than later

RedBearon

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Engineer
Thinking about ordering the topper but was wondering if I will need stiffer rear springs? I have a stock 23' Rubicon with 1300 miles. I will eventually get a lift, but wanted to wait one or two years before going down that rabbit hole.

Is the stock rubicon suspension too soft for a gfc? Will the rear end sag?
I'm not on stock springs so I can't say with 100% certainty... but I don't think you'll have sag issues.
The camper is only 275lbs. Not sure if you meant the camper or the topper but the topper is even less at 135lbs.
I mean.. sure, it might settle your rake a to an even level.. but I highly doubt you're going to see major sag issues.
Of course it all depends on what you plan on putting in there once you have the topper/camper... but that's a whole different question!

Sponsored

badger719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
The camper by itself will not sag the back of a JT but it 100% will the second you start adding accessories or camping gear in the bed.

Concentric_Killa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Rubi JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mech Engineer
I ordered last Saturday (shell with RTT). I'll run the stock Rubicon suspension for now and then figure out what lift I want to eventually get. I am of the 'buy once, cry once' mentality. I'll see what lift I want to get. When I lift it, I want to do it once and do it right the first time.

Concentric_Killa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Rubi JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mech Engineer
So in the confirmation email from GFC, why do I have to remove my bed rails before the install? I removed them before getting my bed line-x and haven't reinstalled them yet.
Do they provide new rails or do they need to shim them or something?

RedBearon

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Engineer
So in the confirmation email from GFC, why do I have to remove my bed rails before the install? I removed them before getting my bed line-x and haven't reinstalled them yet.
Do they provide new rails or do they need to shim them or something?
Their official reason is that there are too many variances in how the rails are installed and can cause issues with the type of bracket they use on Tacomas.
Instead, they use a j-clamp that pulls up on the underside of the bedrail to pull the camper down on the top of the rail.

Attached some photos to help explain.. not sure why they turned sideways ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jeep Gladiator Gofastcamper (gfc) mods, tips, pics, bs and builds tempImagenqUl
Jeep Gladiator Gofastcamper (gfc) mods, tips, pics, bs and builds tempImaged0A2OU

Concentric_Killa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Rubi JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Their official reason is that there are too many variances in how the rails are installed and can cause issues with the type of bracket they use on Tacomas.
Instead, they use a j-clamp that pulls up on the underside of the bedrail to pull the camper down on the top of the rail.

Attached some photos to help explain.. not sure why they turned sideways ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jeep Gladiator Gofastcamper (gfc) mods, tips, pics, bs and builds tempImaged0A2OU

I gotcha. Thanks for the pics!

Sponsored

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
Hey everyone. Great thread. Wife just gave me the Yellow light on a GFC. I found a used one In NorCal but she wants to check one out before a Green light. Anyone in the San Diego area available for us to check out your rig with GFC? Specifically I’m in North County San Diego.

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
Can’t help, I have Alu-Cab not GFC and in NorCal anyway

Reactions: A 2

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
I’m up in the mountains of east San Diego County. But I drop into “town“ often. Let me see what my Wife and I might have planned this weekend.
Right on. I’m in the Fallbrook area. We can meet you somewhere also. Just PM me. We should be free this weekend also.
Sponsored