First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
... My insurance specifically said they only cover 100 dollars on jeep wrangler and gladiator glass. I have American Family insurance. Been good on most things but this is a crock.
I've replaced the windshield on my Wrangler about a dozen times over the past 13 years. From OKC to Anchorage, the most I ever paid was $205, totally out of pocket (no glass coverage offered in OK). That was in Anchorage. That one lasted five days before it had a silver dollar size bullseye directly in front of the driver. :-(

Jeep Gladiator Gorilla Glass Image2

The lowest I've ever paid is $185. That's because my local shop (OKC) gives me a frequent customer discount. LOL. Anyway, you're looking at roughly a $100 deductible cost for your share, assuming that the JT windshield isn't ridiculously priced. So, maybe not that bad of a deal from your insurance company. Heck, I carry $1000 deductible because that makes better financial sense.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Uhh, they cover 100 dollars that's it. I also have 1000 dollar deductable. Call around JT factory glass with nothing on it (no driver aids) cheapest was 580. Aftermarket was 380. And these prices are not installed. I have no problem trying this new stuff out, heck I am driving a JT so let the bleeding edge continue.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Okay, I didn’t want to say anything, but I can never watch their videos. It’s like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. YMMV
Same here but I was drawn in by the tag line, as my windshield is about busted in half with 8k on the clock.

Sponsored

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
Same here but I was drawn in by the tag line, as my windshield is about busted in half with 8k on the clock.
I’m feeling lucky... I had 7,500 on it when I put the racing optics film on mine. At that point it only had a few chips in it.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Wow, that's spendy, my favorite glass shop wanted to do aftermarket glass, but OEM installed was $510. Dealer was $580 installed. Didn't have the robot driver issue arise.

You'd think the IL market would be at least as competitive as the CA market?

Uhh, they cover 100 dollars that's it. I also have 1000 dollar deductable. Call around JT factory glass with nothing on it (no driver aids) cheapest was 580. Aftermarket was 380. And these prices are not installed. I have no problem trying this new stuff out, heck I am driving a JT so let the bleeding edge continue.

Foodtruck12

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator sport
I just had y windshield replaced from a nasty rock chip. I do not have any of the electronics on my sport. I was quoted $460 installed without the little willy’s Tribute sticker, or $640 installed with the sticker. I went with the sticker just to make sure the Jeep didn’t throw a code after install. The installer commented that he replaces a lot of wranglers due to the upright position, the airflow doesn’t help to push objects up and over the windshield. For the price, I don’t think I will go with gorilla glass unless this happens a lot.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, that's spendy, my favorite glass shop wanted to do aftermarket glass, but OEM installed was $510. Dealer was $580 installed. Didn't have the robot driver issue arise.

You'd think the IL market would be at least as competitive as the CA market?
R U serious? That's about HALF the cost of mine with the dealer's collision shop doing the install. I'm beginning to think I was ripped off!
OVER $900 for the OEM glass installed so I could keep the fun easter egg Jeep in the lower right corner.
So you got a genuine FCA/JEEP windshield installed for under $600?
I'm never going back to that shop again!

seasure1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Went to the web site and it is not available yet for my Jeep Gladiator?
Wow how would you like to wake up to her barking in your ear every morning?

Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
No, those quotes let me rationalize spending $760 on a Gorilla Glass replacement with no little Jeep but a 2 yr breakage warranty! Got 2nd chip that turned into a crazed crack since the replacement has been in the garage, makes the warranty even more worthwhile. Replacing this coming week when I work it out with the factory and my installer.

R U serious? That's about HALF the cost of mine with the dealer's collision shop doing the install. I'm beginning to think I was ripped off!
OVER $900 for the OEM glass installed so I could keep the fun easter egg Jeep in the lower right corner.
So you got a genuine FCA/JEEP windshield installed for under $600?
I'm never going back to that shop again!

aglass0fmilk

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee 1997, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Thankfully my dealer filled out all the insurance info when I kinda impulse bought my truck last year — was not even thinking about what insurance coverage options to get at that point... it was too sunny outside

He signed me up for no deductible glass coverage and so when my windshield cracked after 3 months of ownership I was really pleased about that!

Went to Safelite and got it replaced in an hour. The tech loved my truck and there’s no hint that it was ever replaced. I even negotiated free OEM glass since the truck was so new. The best part was that I didn’t even have to pull out my wallet.

GEICO came through on that one...

Gorilla glass is still glass... to quote a conversation I saw on a JL forum:

User 1: “What does gorilla glass even do?”
User 2: “it cracks more expensively”

I recommend getting no deductible glass coverage if you can... not sure how it varies state to state.

Hydro Blue in NM

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
North Edition Gladiator
Within 4 months of owning my JT I had a big ass bulls eye in the upper right corner. On my JL I had already replaced the glass 4 times with a $100 deductible. I opted to install a HGP windshield. The insurance company asked what I wanted to be reimbursed for, and they ended up paying all of the glass and installation. Now instead of a willeys jeep I have a gorilla head. Once I get another crack in JL, I will order another HGP glass for it also.

Hipbilly

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2007 FJ Cruiser
Unrelated to the windshield, I saw this vid and followed his advice to "contact us with any ideas!"
SO I sent a feeler about making a replacement back glass for the soft top in the 0.5mm Gorilla Glass he was demonstrating.
They promptly replied with this note:
" Thank you for contact Hyperformance Glass Products. You are spot on with your recommendation for upgrades to the soft top windows. In fact, this is something we are already working on and hope to offer this sometime in the near future. Your contact info will be kept on file and we will send a notice when this product becomes available. "

One more thing to hurry up and wait on... but it'll be worth it.

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
I recommend getting no deductible glass coverage if you can... not sure how it varies state to state.
I have this coverage. Fortunately haven't had any issues in the JT after almost 1 yr.
Sponsored