Sponsored

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME
Ironic that profits from Jeeps are being used to fund electric and self-driving car research. Neither of which I personally ever want. In fact I would pay money to a lobbying group to legislate a proactive ban on self-driving vehicles on all roads in the US. That would free up FCA R&D money to work on a more powerful gasoline engine for the Gladiator. :)

biggdave92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / 2000 XJ Sport 4x4
Ironic that profits from Jeeps are being used to fund electric and self-driving car research. Neither of which I personally ever want. In fact I would pay money to a lobbying group to legislate a proactive ban on self-driving vehicles on all roads in the US. That would free up FCA R&D money to work on a more powerful gasoline engine for the Gladiator. :)
There is a place for electric and ice vehicles. I would be interested in an electric Wrangler/gladiator. Torque for days. Smoking 48's sound good to you? Not like 3.6 sounds like a fox body 5.0 anyway...

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I think that my Gladiator purchase may be the last gas vehicle I ever buy (I tend to keep vehicles for about 10 years)

Hopefully, by then they will have the battery and charging system figured out.

If I could get a realistic 500 mile range and charge the vehicle in 15-20 minutes I’d buy one.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Note that sales means delivered to customer. When Jeep gets components supply shortages fixed, obviously this hurts both JL and JT delivery, Jeep could eclipse Chevy for the #2 spot on this list. Just like Ram...

Sponsored

ucijeepguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, LJ,
Note that sales means delivered to customer. When Jeep gets components supply shortages fixed, obviously this hurts both JL and JT delivery, Jeep could eclipse Chevy for the #2 spot on this list. Just like Ram...
If 10,556 was produced every month for Chevy Colorado that would be 126.6k per year. Jeep has stated their JT production limit is 100k per year. Doubtful it would overtake the Colorado as #2 spot.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
If 10,556 was produced every month for Chevy Colorado that would be 126.6k per year. Jeep has stated their JT production limit is 100k per year. Doubtful it would overtake the Colorado as #2 spot.
I had to look up your numbers because I thought it was high but you were right..

I would also point out that since March their sales have been lower year over year and that’s probably due to the release of the Ranger and Gladiator...

Kahless

First Name
Kahless
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Triumph Thunderbird Storm
I plan to never buy another gasoline vehicle - :devil:
i might do one more. live in texas so driving distances are a bit longer. my brother lives 300 miles away on the coast so i would prefer something that can get me there in one shot. tho ive been waiting 9 weeks on my gladiator with no word so far other than they accepted the order. if they take too much longer i might just say hell with it and get a model 3. or a 997 911. or the new triumph rocket 3R.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
You’re not taking into account market share loss...
Sponsored

Reactions: Sal