Sponsored

Great news for FCA truck sales

Mkcatl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
If 10,556 was produced every month for Chevy Colorado that would be 126.6k per year. Jeep has stated their JT production limit is 100k per year. Doubtful it would overtake the Colorado as #2 spot.
Then take into factor the price, and there's no way the Gladiator ever competes in total number of sales with the Tacoma and Colorado.
Sponsored

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Pretty sure FCA stated that their sweet spot would be 75K units per year?
They want to keep production low, to keep demand (& prices) high. They have said all along the JT is basically a niche vehicle.

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
I like niche vehicles! I guess I'm on the other end of this discussion in that i prefer less sold!
Pretty sure FCA stated that their sweet spot would be 75K units per year?
They want to keep production low, to keep demand (& prices) high. They have said all along the JT is basically a niche vehicle.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
75,000 per year

6 Thousand JT's a month ...

But wait - we sold 4,019 in one day!

That's one way to meet early projections.

Anyone think maybe these inexplicable delays are meant to ladder the deliveries to meet projections?

Nah.

wyodirt

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Secret stuff in secret locations
75,000 per year

6 Thousand JT's a month ...

But wait - we sold 4,019 in one day!

That's one way to meet early projections.

Anyone think maybe these inexplicable delays are meant to ladder the deliveries to meet projections?

Nah.
how many did they sell the next day?

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
So how many Gladiators were sold in July 2019?

ucijeepguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, LJ,
So how many Gladiators were sold in July 2019?
Wondering the same. It must be bad if it hasn't been published yet. June sales figures were posted on July 2nd, May was posted by June 3rd. Around DFW It seems they sit for weeks on the lot, despite the sales person trying to tell me they're flying off the shelves.

Mkcatl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Wondering the same. It must be bad if it hasn't been published yet. June sales figures were posted on July 2nd, May was posted by June 3rd. Around DFW It seems they sit for weeks on the lot, despite the sales person trying to tell me they're flying off the shelves.

Fiat Chrysler joined the growing trend with other automobile companies changing from monthly sales reports to quarterly, so we won’t see any numbers til October.

ucijeepguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, LJ,
Fiat Chrysler joined the growing trend with other automobile companies changing from monthly sales reports to quarterly, so we won’t see any numbers til October.
Bummer.

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
It will follow projections. They would have fairly accurate numbers of what could be produced and those would conform the projected sales given pent up demand. My 2c. Real numbers will be after marketing happens and before 2021 when we see how many 2020's go unsold. If any 2020's are unsold in 12 months, not good. Until then they can massage reports any which way. One thing is, they are on lots for sale. Maybe we can see if the premiums are still on them, dealer mark up still happening? And that weird article saying how good it is going... Ditto would like to see any numbers!

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Wondering the same.... Around DFW It seems they sit for weeks on the lot, despite the sales person trying to tell me they're flying off the shelves.
I cruise through the local Jeep dealership in Collierville TN about once a week, and have noticed the past month, their JT inventory is growing = they are up to 13 as of this morning.

txjeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
I cruise through the local Jeep dealership in Collierville TN about once a week, and have noticed the past month, their JT inventory is growing = they are up to 13 as of this morning.
Yup. The early hype, early adopters, Jeep people have all made their purchases. Let's see how well they continue to sell month to month. I expect by the end of the year there will be rebate offers to help move them since they are so overpriced and your every day mid size truck buyer will continue to mainly buy the traditional offerings from Chevy, Ford and Toyota.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Yup. The early hype, early adopters, Jeep people have all made their purchases. Let's see how well they continue to sell month to month. I expect by the end of the year there will be rebate offers to help move them since they are so overpriced and your every day mid size truck buyer will continue to mainly buy the traditional offerings from Chevy, Ford and Toyota.
Yep! I don't know about where you guys live, but the problem I've seen here in Kentucky is that EVERY Gladiator on a dealership lot is between $47,000 and $61,000. I have not seen one single Gladiator, EVER, with a price below that.

So when your non-enthusiast average truck shopper is going around looking for a new truck, they find a Colorado for $37k, a Ranger for $36k, a Tacoma for $38k.....and then a Gladiator for $50k. Which one do you think they're NOT going home with?

The reason we all got Gladiators is because we're Jeep enthusiasts and we know how the truck is built, what that gives us, and why we want that type of build. But, to the casual buyer who doesn't care about solid axles and mud tires, it's really hard to convince them to spend an additional $10k for what amounts to the same type of vehicle.

If Jeep wants to maintain a large chunk of the market share with this truck long term, they NEED to start shipping more Sport models that are well under $45k. I can see a guy going with a $41k Gladiator over a $39k Tacoma, but I cannot see that same guy going with a $50k Gladiator over a $39k Tacoma.

Hemi

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK, 2020 Gladiator
Yep! I don't know about where you guys live, but the problem I've seen here in Kentucky is that EVERY Gladiator on a dealership lot is between $47,000 and $61,000. I have not seen one single Gladiator, EVER, with a price below that.

So when your non-enthusiast average truck shopper is going around looking for a new truck, they find a Colorado for $37k, a Ranger for $36k, a Tacoma for $38k.....and then a Gladiator for $50k. Which one do you think they're NOT going home with?

The reason we all got Gladiators is because we're Jeep enthusiasts and we know how the truck is built, what that gives us, and why we want that type of build. But, to the casual buyer who doesn't care about solid axles and mud tires, it's really hard to convince them to spend an additional $10k for what amounts to the same type of vehicle.

If Jeep wants to maintain a large chunk of the market share with this truck long term, they NEED to start shipping more Sport models that are well under $45k. I can see a guy going with a $41k Gladiator over a $39k Tacoma, but I cannot see that same guy going with a $50k Gladiator over a $39k Tacoma.
I think that's your dealer's ordering; around here the lots are a 50/50 split between Sport models and Overland/Rubicons.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/782051315/overview/

Jeep makes them, the dealers have to stock them. Which is still a problem
Sponsored