First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
I need a recommendation for a laser and light for a 3rd gen Glock and an AR. neither are really necessary, just wants. Like everything else in life.

JKJ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave
Occupation
Seller of the suds.
Love my guns the wife and I go at least once a week to the range my EDC is my Ruger 38 special 2inch barrel my wife's EDC is the same 38 special my backpacking gun is my Taurus Tracker 357 magnum 6inch barrel last but not least is my favorite on my list is my Beretta PX4 Storm subcompact
Jeep Gladiator Gun guys (and gals) KIMG0458.JPG
PX4 subcompact is the first gun I ever bought and still my favorite. So underrated. Still considering buying the other sizes and a couple CX4s to complete the collection.

Rattydude77

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Contractor
PX4 subcompact is the first gun I ever bought and still my favorite. So underrated. Still considering buying the other sizes and a couple CX4s to complete the collection.
The Berratta was my first pistol purchase got It second had with 100 rounds shot threw it 2 holsters 2 clips 400 rounds for 350.00 from my father Inlaw it was a steal and yes it packs a punch

Sponsored

cdyoung9799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
The Berratta was my first pistol purchase got It second had with 100 rounds shot threw it 2 holsters 2 clips 400 rounds for 350.00 from my father Inlaw it was a steal and yes it packs a punch
My first 2 pistols were PX4's, full size .45 and subcompact 9mm. Loved shooting the sub compact. I bought a used CX4 in .45. That thing was so cool. Every time I brought it out at the range, someone would stop me and ask what it was. I ended up selling it, but wish I had kept it. I would have really loved to get one in a 9mm and done the mag conversion to run the PX4 mags.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
I need a recommendation for a laser and light for a 3rd gen Glock and an AR. neither are really necessary, just wants. Like everything else in life.
Streamlight or Surefire. I have a friend who works for Streamlight, so that's what I run.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
what is your intended goal for the lights/laser?

Sponsored

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
Very few things are absolutely necessary, but if you use these weapons' for SD in the home, once you get proficient with them, nothing beats a laser (arguably of course and IMO only) for speed, accuracy, and flexibility (i.e., being able to shoot it very well even if it the gun is not in your line of sight)....

That said, never give up on your irons (stay proficient), ya never know when you will need them.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I dont generally like lasers unless it is under NVG, persinally. Chasing the laser through the recoil cycle is difficult and presents some particular problem sets. Generally, speed to first round on target comes from efficiency of presentation mechanics and speed on the trigger. fast presentation, find the sights, manipulate the trigger is always the slowest path.

i was an advisor on a US Marshall fugitive recovery team for a while, and one of the Marshalls had a laser on his weapon, when i asked him about it he explained that he liked it for “personal connection” between himself and the fugitive, explaining that the psychological impact of seeing a green dot on your shirt was frequently enough to stop them. I can see that, but he didnt use it to shoot. I saw it work in person, and did the same myself from a carbine, so while not a definitive test by any means it is circumstantially/anecdotally confirming.

the off angle shooting could be an advantage if you cannot get proper sight alignment, as long as you can find the dot down range. A red dot optic does the same, but you get the benefit of a reference point of the front sight to find your reticule.

in the end, I suppose it is like anything else- if you practice with it, it can be effective, but ive only made a point of it with IR beams on account of accuracy and precision. If its what works for you, then great, it would be good to share that perspective. There is very rarely “one correct way”….

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
what is your intended goal for the lights/laser?
Sorry, I just saw your response. The light is just to have a light if there is an issue at home or the campsite sometime. Highly unlikely, but I want to be prepared. The light I have on the Glock now is probably 10 years old and not very bright.

The laser is just because I cannot easily carry sharks with lasers around with me to scare people. Ha. I do not know really. Partly just to have it and partly because of the reason you explained below about the personal connection.

Neither is need, but most of what I buy is not really needed. Just desired.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Sorry, I just saw your response. The light is just to have a light if there is an issue at home or the campsite sometime. Highly unlikely, but I want to be prepared. The light I have on the Glock now is probably 10 years old and not very bright.

The laser is just because I cannot easily carry sharks with lasers around with me to scare people. Ha. I do not know really. Partly just to have it and partly because of the reason you explained below about the personal connection.

Neither is need, but most of what I buy is not really needed. Just desired.
most of the Olights are coming with lasers on them. I just got one Im playing around with to see how it is. If you do go laser, go green.
Sponsored