Sponsored

Has anyone disconnected the auto start stop on their Gladiator?

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th edition
Occupation
RN
I have a 2021 Gladiator & can’t stand the auto stop/ start. just curious if anyone in the Gladiator crews have disconnected their auto stop start like in this YouTube video ?

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
SmartStopStart is a forum sponsor. Their $125 solution is the easiest fix for ESS.

The cheapest fix is to train yourself to hit the ESS button right after hitting the Start button.

There are various hacks to keep ESS from engaging, but they come with their caveats (like the constant error condition). There is no way to disable the ESS system. Initially, the Tazer was able to, but the Jeep programming has been updated and that is no longer possible.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
SmartStopStart is a forum sponsor. Their $125 solution is the easiest fix for ESS.

The cheapest fix is to train yourself to hit the ESS button right after hitting the Start button.

There are various hacks to keep ESS from engaging, but they come with their caveats (like the constant error condition). There is no way to disable the ESS system. Initially, the Tazer was able to, but the Jeep programming has been updated and that is no longer possible.
The tazer disables the start-stop. The tazer CANNOT disable the auto-park.

I have a 2021 Gladiator & can’t stand the auto stop/ start. just curious if anyone in the Gladiator crews have disconnected their auto stop start like in this YouTube video ?

You're not the first one with this concern. There are many other threads detailing how to bypass the ess. Here's a recent one.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ee-pet-peeves-about-my-gladiator-sport.43167/

Trlr8tdd

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition JT, 2013 JKR
Occupation
Aviation Chief Inspector
We used the Tazer to disable the ESS. It was just annoying especially when the temps are in the 120's.
I'd Really like to get rid of the auto park, hooking up to a trailer is tedious having to open the door, hop out, hop back in close door ALL the way, open door, hop back out... blah blah blah.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
We used the Tazer to disable the ESS. It was just annoying especially when the temps are in the 120's.
I'd Really like to get rid of the auto park, hooking up to a trailer is tedious having to open the door, hop out, hop back in close door ALL the way, open door, hop back out... blah blah blah.
Try connecting the seatbelt behind you and see if that helps. If the belt is connected, it just monitors weight on the seat.

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
Well this definately works. Cost me a zip tie to keep the harness from getting damaged flopping around.

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Why?

Kevin
And here goes the 50th thread arguing why people have different tastes. I don’t know why every part on Jeeps have an aftermarket change that’s okay except ESS. You’re some kind of caveman moron if you don’t like the “feature”. Some of us don’t like it. It’s okay to prefer different things.

Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
And here goes the 50th thread arguing why people have different tastes. I don’t know why every part on Jeeps have an aftermarket change that’s okay except ESS. You’re some kind of caveman moron if you don’t like the “feature”. Some of us don’t like it. It’s okay to prefer different things.
I didn’t ask for a knee-jerk reaction as in, “Different strokes for different folks.”
I’m genuinely curious why he doesn’t like the ESS.

Kevin

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I didn’t ask for a knee-jerk reaction as in, “Different strokes for different folks.”
I’m genuinely curious why he doesn’t like the ESS.

Kevin
Okay, you must not have seen the ad nauseam threads on how it’s annoying according to some, and to others if you disable it it’s only possible because you want to club baby seals.

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
to directly aswer the op .. yes I have dine this asposted in video.

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
Kevin,
I don't care for it because it requires a second battery. It adds weight to the small truck and subtracts from tow and payload ratings. It takes up room under the hood I could use for easier access for maintenance. It adds pollution to the environment when manufactured and disposed due to the lead but most of all it isn't an option for the consumer. I also don't care for a lot of the electrical options either because it complicates the vehicle to the point the average person can't work on it without a program upgrade. I just need the truck to go from one place to another.
I'm sure there are people who feel it helps the environment because the theory is it reduces gas consumption but the cost to produce and maintain it does nothing to offset the difference.
Just another opinion in a world of opinions.

Last edited: