Heated steering wheel/seats retrofit

reverse01134

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I ordered without the cold weather package but now I want it so much!
I added the remote start option and when I learned the cold weather package could've added for extra $500, this made me lose sleep at night lol

I started research to understand what needs to be added to retrofit the cold weather package.

6RN501R3AA - Heated Steering wheel
68438109AB - Heated Seat Module
68294073AC - Seat Back heater
68294071AD - Seat Cushion Heated Pad
6SX73DX9AA -Center Stack

Anything else needs to be added to activate the system?
Can JScan or Tazer Mini add Sales code for the cold weather package after hardware part is done?

@AllMoparParts.com
Need your help :)
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I think you are also leaving out the factory harnesses for the cold weather package.

I know on the JL side, they have asked the same thing and just about every thread on the subject eventually had the OP going an aftermarket route at least for the seats. Use some Google Fo and you can find those threads.

AllMoparParts.com

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT's!
I will need to identify the module connectors and then will need you to visually see if the connectors and circuits are present. This would be the first step in determining if new harnesses are required.

- Benny

OP
OP

reverse01134

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will need to identify the module connectors and then will need you to visually see if the connectors and circuits are present. This would be the first step in determining if new harnesses are required.

- Benny
I will do whatever I can to support! Please let me know what you find!

It seems there's only 1 part number for the instrument panel wiring for Gladiator Rubicon - 68470350ac which could mean it's common and the existing harnesses in my vehicle should support the heated steering wheel.

AllMoparParts.com

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT's!
I will do whatever I can to support! Please let me know what you find!

It seems there's only 1 part number for the instrument panel wiring for Gladiator Rubicon - 68470350ac which could mean it's common and the existing harnesses in my vehicle should support the heated steering wheel.

Lets start with looking in this area for these connectors
Jeep Gladiator Heated steering wheel/seats retrofit 1606963285370

There are 4 individual small connectors which plug into the HSM

- Benny

Sponsored

OP
OP

reverse01134

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lets start with looking in this area for these connectors
1606963285370.png

There are 4 individual small connectors which plug into the HSM

- Benny
My vehicle is shipped to the dealership, so I expect to pick up sometime next week. I will check the connectors first thing I get the vehicle and let you know!

One question - is there a way that you could look up the parts installed on the individual vehicle by looking up VIN? This way we can cross check what are existing parts and what need to be replaced to enable the cold weather package.

AllMoparParts.com

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT's!
My vehicle is shipped to the dealership, so I expect to pick up sometime next week. I will check the connectors first thing I get the vehicle and let you know!

One question - is there a way that you could look up the parts installed on the individual vehicle by looking up VIN? This way we can cross check what are existing parts and what need to be replaced to enable the cold weather package.
Yes the VIN would filter out what is not equipped. For example we can see if a HSM is present but I highly doubt it.

- Benny

OP
OP

reverse01134

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes the VIN would filter out what is not equipped. For example we can see if a HSM is present but I highly doubt it.

- Benny
What I'm more concerned is if the existing harnesses can support add-on components for the cold weather package. My understanding is the body wiring and the dash (instrument panel) wiring are the 2 main harnesses that will involve extensive amount of work to be replaced.

I asked the dealership parts dept to pull up the wiring part numbers for 2 VINs - my VIN and a vehicle equipped with the cold weather package.
My VIN ends with ML539919.
The VIN for the referenced vehicle ends with ML516282

The dash wiring part number was identical on both VINs - 68470402AD
The body wiring were different - my VIN has 68470331AC and the other VIN has 68470327AD. I don't think this necessarily means the body wiring for my VIN doesn't support the cold weather package as there are more than a dozen different body wiring part numbers.

The parts dept guy couldn't recognize which body wiring part numbers can or can't support the cold weather package. Benny - is there a way you can see if my body wiring can support or not?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
What I'm more concerned is if the existing harnesses can support add-on components for the cold weather package. My understanding is the body wiring and the dash (instrument panel) wiring are the 2 main harnesses that will involve extensive amount of work to be replaced.

I asked the dealership parts dept to pull up the wiring part numbers for 2 VINs - my VIN and a vehicle equipped with the cold weather package.

The body wiring were different - my VIN has 68470331AC and the other VIN has 68470327AD. I don't think this necessarily means the body wiring for my VIN doesn't support the cold weather package as there are more than a dozen different body wiring part numbers.

The parts dept guy couldn't recognize which body wiring part numbers can or can't support the cold weather package. Benny - is there a way you can see if my body wiring can support or not?
Has your dealer even confirmed that they can program and add the sales code for the all the electronics to work?

I know FCA on other platforms has denied allowing sales codes to be programed to vehicle unless they were "as built" with it already or the item being installed is part of an approved Mopar accessory kit already released.

OP
OP

reverse01134

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has your dealer even confirmed that they can program and add the sales code for the all the electronics to work?

I know FCA on other platforms has denied allowing sales codes to be programed to vehicle unless they were "as built" with it already or the item being installed is part of an approved Mopar accessory kit already released.
talked to Jscan and they say they can add

Sponsored

AllMoparParts.com

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT's!

I am sorry I cannot tell either. We would need to wait until you get the vehicle and then start looking at the connectors and more so the circuits/pins that are required.

- Benny

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee

The dash wiring harness is the least of your worries, as it is actually in the engine compartment. Most of the connectors required are in the instrument panel harness (pictured above by Benny), and the body harness. I add all kinds of factory options to all kinds of FCA vehicles, and I can pretty much guarantee you that most connectors aren’t going to be there. There’s no way that they would have the canbus IHS connector plugged into the junction block, and being open ended in the HSM connector under the dash. I have all the schematics, and it looks like a pretty easy add-on harness to build that uses the same connectors the factory uses, and will plug into the missing wire locations on the in-line connectors. One thing that is for certain is the new heated steering wheel will plug right in, and the switch bank module will plug right in. I’ll have to run a bcm configuration comparison to see what all settings need to be changed, vs what Jscan has available to change in the app, but AlfaOBD would definitely be able to do it.

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
what are the aftermarket heated seat options?

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
How did this thread just up an die? Seemed like it was headed toward a wealth of information...
Sponsored