Sponsored

Heater/AC blowing hot air at 60 or higher

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Sting grey M/T. Prius...
This happened to me from the very beginning. It was getting colder so I didn't use the ac much anyway. However, it was a little warm today so I put on the ac, and unsurprisingly, it was blowing warm/hot. I then turned on the Max AC, which of course blew very cold. I proceeded by raising the temperature to like 72 and it was blowing warm/hot again. What the hell is wrong with this?
Sponsored

ShadRak

First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I noticed this as well. It's super annoying when I'm trying to cool off and the heat is blasting set to 65 degrees. Leaving it on auto solves this problem for me, but there needs to be a better workaround.

glillygrfx

First Name
Greg Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undergroundgraphics.com
Vehicle(s)
20 Jeep Gladiator, 18 Vanderhall Venice, 13 Triumph Street Triple 675
Occupation
Vinyl Wraps, Stripes, Decals
I'm scheduled to take mine next week, hoping it's just a relay or something simple, but from the TSB for the JL's I don't think it is. Looks like we all need to go to dealer and have them document to speed up the process in having this become a TSB "specific" for the Gladiator.

OP
OP
butte72

butte72

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Volvo XC 90 T6, 2010 Audi A4
Hey Everyone,

As I originally posted this issue, I though I'd update you on my status as of now.

Since I lasted posted my response from Nov 20, I've had Jeep Wave basically tell me that there isn't anything they can do at this point.

I'm still baffled that a Jeep JL, which was a loaner, had a completely different Heating/AC experience than our Gladiator. When setting the air to 65, when it was 28 degrees outside, the air blew out at a moderate temp. When I got back into my Gladiator at the same inside and outside temp, it was extremely hot air temp blowing at us for over 15 minutes. This is obviously not normal, but the response we get from Jeep is that is't functioning as normal.

The service department agreed that this isn't normal, however there's nothing they can do.

Again, I'm not certain that Jeep Wave is really doing anything to help us!

Will keep you posted.

Thanks!

glillygrfx

First Name
Greg Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undergroundgraphics.com
Vehicle(s)
20 Jeep Gladiator, 18 Vanderhall Venice, 13 Triumph Street Triple 675
Occupation
Vinyl Wraps, Stripes, Decals
Hey Everyone,

As I originally posted this issue, I though I'd update you on my status as of now.

Since I lasted posted my response from Nov 20, I've had Jeep Wave basically tell me that there isn't anything they can do at this point.

I'm still baffled that a Jeep JL, which was a loaner, had a completely different Heating/AC experience than our Gladiator. When setting the air to 65, when it was 28 degrees outside, the air blew out at a moderate temp. When I got back into my Gladiator at the same inside and outside temp, it was extremely hot air temp blowing at us for over 15 minutes. This is obviously not normal, but the response we get from Jeep is that is't functioning as normal.

The service department agreed that this isn't normal, however there's nothing they can do.

Again, I'm not certain that Jeep Wave is really doing anything to help us!

Will keep you posted.

Thanks!
This is unbelievable. Literally, i'm at a loss for words. If the dealer agrees something is wrong, why can they not replace the entire unit if needed? With the kind of money spent on a brand new vehicle, I'd expect a little more. This is my first Jeep, maybe this is common practice?

Sponsored

tallentn

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Throwing my hat in this mess too; same problem on my Gladiator. And a little surprised to see this thread exists...I was actually looking for the thread about the FOBs that don't close properly and I find this!

I'm disappointed because when I messaged JeepCares about this exact issue and asked if there was a bulletin or any chatter about it, Alex sounded surprised like no one has mentioned anything about HVAC problems. This was a week ago...

So, does this count as a formal "add me to the pile" for the sake of getting numbers, or do we need to do something else?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
This is unbelievable. Literally, i'm at a loss for words. If the dealer agrees something is wrong, why can they not replace the entire unit if needed? With the kind of money spent on a brand new vehicle, I'd expect a little more. This is my first Jeep, maybe this is common practice?
The dealership is beholding to FCA corporate to approve any repairs. If FCA corporate does not have a fix, the dealership is not going to get paid for any speculative repair work.

tallentn

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
I have noticed that, on my vehicle at least, setting the temp to HI definitely sets it off; its lava from that point on regardless of the temp selected until the engine does its auto shutoff thing. Then I get cold (presumably because engine isn't running), and when it restarts it seems to settle into the desired temp.

That's been my workaround; avoid HI, and when it goes Full Lava up in my cab, turn the blower down until I stop/start. Not sure if that indicates the cause or flaw...

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
I have an appointment set up for next Friday for this and have contacted Alex with Jeep cares. I’m almost at the point I don’t want to take it in because I’ve already been better under impressed with the dealership I bought my JT from and it sounds like I’m going to just wasting my time ....

jagonz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator sport s
I have an appointment set up for next Friday for this and have contacted Alex with Jeep cares. I’m almost at the point I don’t want to take it in because I’ve already been better under impressed with the dealership I bought my JT from and it sounds like I’m going to just wasting my time ....
hey everyone, so the dealership has had my gladiator for over a week now trying to look into this problem and they haven't been able to give me any relevant news... they said they are opening a star case on it so hopefully something comes of it. just like all of you who have called jeep wave i have received the same response. everyone ive talked to at different dealerships, jeep wave, and jeep cares acts like this is something brand new and they have never herd of it. which is crazy to me because of this thread and everyone else i personally know who has this issue. i have yet to meet someone with a gladiator who hasn't had this A/C issue. i agree with a previous post about all of us needing to bring our gladiators into a dealer to help get this resolved. auto manufactures are willing to allow a few vehicles slide that have certain issues as long as they don't cause safety issues. they wrap them up as lemons and give you your money back or trade it in for something else. until the larger percentage of the same issue arises they wont issue a TSB or further it into a recall. the more people that bring there vehicles in for the same issue, the higher and faster chance this can get resolved. im going to call the dealership back today and see if they can give me another update. if i hear anything promising i will let everyone know.

Sponsored

teneck83

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 1966 Corvette Roadster L72, 1969 Corvette Coupe L46, 1990 Mustang GT Roadster, 2013 Viper GTS Track Pack, 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Throwing my hat in this mess too; same problem on my Gladiator. And a little surprised to see this thread exists...I was actually looking for the thread about the FOBs that don't close properly and I find this!

I'm disappointed because when I messaged JeepCares about this exact issue and asked if there was a bulletin or any chatter about it, Alex sounded surprised like no one has mentioned anything about HVAC problems. This was a week ago...

So, does this count as a formal "add me to the pile" for the sake of getting numbers, or do we need to do something else?
Alex from Jeep care is well aware as
evidence by his contribution to this ongoing forum thread

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care

Hi Neil,
I apologize if my response of, "I looked to see if there were any TSBs regarding your HVAC system, however, could not find one to address the symptoms you've experienced. Are you considering visiting your dealer to have these concerns looked into further?" made it sound as if we had not heard of others on the forums experiencing this. I have alerted the appropriate parties to the concern you have expressed here.
Alex
JeepCares

tallentn

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Hi Neil,
I apologize if my response of, "I looked to see if there were any TSBs regarding your HVAC system, however, could not find one to address the symptoms you've experienced. Are you considering visiting your dealer to have these concerns looked into further?" made it sound as if we had not heard of others on the forums experiencing this. I have alerted the appropriate parties to the concern you have expressed here.
Alex
JeepCares
Alex,

Don't worry about it; you did answer half of my question (if there were any bulletins on the HVAC) - and I suppose asking if there are "any known issues" could be considered pretty open-ended... ;) Any way, we're all here now, sharing in a very open and honest way; it's like a bonfire, just without the bourbon. Or bonfire.

As far as problems go, this one is actually as Super Jeep as it gets. I mean, it's almost like the truck is demanding that I strip the doors and top off to counteract its vigorous desire for warmth. It's also a neat throwback to the old CJs, where the only thing that seemed to universally work in most of them was the heater - and it's comforting to know that I won't be lacking for nuclear-strength hot air when it is needed.

To your last question, I don't plan on taking it back to the dealer for this issue until there is a clear-cut solution (ie, a TSB or recall). If self-nominating with this issue is sufficient, and we'll eventually reach a threshold of problem trucks that will get the right attention then it sounds like we're on the right track.

Thank you for passing along all our reports on this Alex, and please do keep us posted with any updates from the FCA side of the house. I'll eagerly keep an eye on things in here!

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Alex,

Don't worry about it; you did answer half of my question (if there were any bulletins on the HVAC) - and I suppose asking if there are "any known issues" could be considered pretty open-ended... ;) Any way, we're all here now, sharing in a very open and honest way; it's like a bonfire, just without the bourbon. Or bonfire.

As far as problems go, this one is actually as Super Jeep as it gets. I mean, it's almost like the truck is demanding that I strip the doors and top off to counteract its vigorous desire for warmth. It's also a neat throwback to the old CJs, where the only thing that seemed to universally work in most of them was the heater - and it's comforting to know that I won't be lacking for nuclear-strength hot air when it is needed.

To your last question, I don't plan on taking it back to the dealer for this issue until there is a clear-cut solution (ie, a TSB or recall). If self-nominating with this issue is sufficient, and we'll eventually reach a threshold of problem trucks that will get the right attention then it sounds like we're on the right track.

Thank you for passing along all our reports on this Alex, and please do keep us posted with any updates from the FCA side of the house. I'll eagerly keep an eye on things in here!
Hi Neil,
If our team is made aware of any TSBs released that would appear to address this, I will be sure to post out on this thread.
Alex
JeepCares

Graluc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon
Jumping on this thread. Same issue, not wasting my time going to dealership until a TSB is released.
Sponsored