Heater/AC blowing hot air at 60 or higher

Graluc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon
Jumping on this thread. Same issue, not wasting my time going to dealership until a TSB is released.
Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
Hi Neil,
If our team is made aware of any TSBs released that would appear to address this, I will be sure to post out on this thread.
Alex
JeepCares
@JeepCares - have any TSBs been released regarding the JT/Gladiator for issues other than the HVAC? If there have, can you please list them? Thx.

jagonz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator sport s
Jumping on this thread. Same issue, not wasting my time going to dealership until a TSB is released.
So after almost two weeks of the dealership having my gladiator and a chrysler technician coming out to look at it. The end result was them finally admitting that this issue is a problem but because JEEP hasnā€™t recognized it or there hasnā€™t been enough cases brought in and thereā€™s nothing they can do about it and they have no way to fix it... so long story just as Graluc said, we just have to hurry up and wait.....

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
@JeepCares - have any TSBs been released regarding the JT/Gladiator for issues other than the HVAC? If there have, can you please list them? Thx.
Hello Gatorized,
TSBs are based off of certain symptoms and only apply to certain build dates. If you are experiencing a concern and would like me to look into any TSBs, please send our team your VIN with a description of your concern and we would be happy to look into it for you.
Alex
JeepCares

Jedibaron13

First Name
Baron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Hey guys long time listener first time caller. Same issue here but throw in auto climate needing constant adjustments. Iā€™m really trying to avoid the dealership trip, because I know Iā€™ll end up flipping out on them when Iā€™m told thereā€™s nothing wrong.

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello Gatorized,
TSBs are based off of certain symptoms and only apply to certain build dates. If you are experiencing a concern and would like me to look into any TSBs, please send our team your VIN with a description of your concern and we would be happy to look into it for you.
Alex
JeepCares
I get that TSBs are specific. I donā€™t have an issue now, but if I did it is helpful to know if there is already dealer knowledge of the issue.
Iā€™m just wondering if you can supply a list of existing TSBs. Or provide a link to a list of existing TSBs.or if there is a reason why you wouldnā€™t want owners to know that specific TSBs exist. This information makes it easier to provide an accurate rating of a dealers service department.

Wbee

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2010 JKU
Same issue, drove from Houston to Idaho and could only run the high heat or cold and couldnā€™t get nice medium. Itā€™s driving me nuts. My JL doesnā€™t do this but the gladiator does. I donā€™t want to take it in until there is a solution.

jagonz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator sport s
Hey everyone. So I called Jeep cares, wave, and even Chrysler and told them about my experience just like the rest of us and whatā€™s going on. Even tho the dealership I went to agreed there is a problem and itā€™s documented. Jeep responded with a long drawn out almost ā€œ Written and rehearsedā€œ statement pretty much saying because there isnā€™t enough of these issues populating they canā€™t do anything about... believe me when I say I hate going into dealership for pretty much anything... but if we donā€™t bring the issue to a dealership and for Jeep to notice. Nothing is going to get done.

bschnuth

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator 2018 jeep compass
Have the same issue with heater. I hope jeep looks into this matter.

BlueCT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
I think i might have the opposite problem. There is cold air coming out of my vents. It seems like the system is managing the air temp coming out of the vents and doing a poor job. Itā€™s cold here in the north east. I turn on the heat and it works great and heats up the cabin. Once it gets to temperature it starts putting out air that is cool. So when it blows on my hands on the steering wheel it makes my hands cold. It turn up the heat and it puts out warm air but the cycle repeats. When the cabin heats up the air coming out of the vents isnā€™t warm enough its probably 65 instead of a comfortable 72. Iā€™m guessing but the outcome is my hands are freezing.

Sponsored

1cdub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2020 JTR
Add me to the growing list of overheating Gladiator drivers...what a huge disappointment. We have no such issue with our 2019 JLUR....why on earth is the truck having issues with what appears to be all the same components??

Onlyricko

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator overland
Got my Overland back from the dealer about a week ago. They said that how the AC unit design to work. I donā€™t know what else to do beside keep changing the temp and constant switch between Auto and Manuel mode. Beside AC problem, anybody here have issue with wind noise when you cruising on highway speed. they check mine and said the weather shield were defected, they replaced it, itā€™s seem to have less wind noise on low speed ( around 40MPH), but on highway speed, they noise still there.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
This is the workaround that works for me. When heater feels too hot, move temperature to low for a few seconds, then, move temperature to 63, 64, or 65, no higher. Usually, you can achieve a comfortable temperature around those three settings with the fan at 1 or 2. After you restart the gladiator later, if you feel the temperature is too high, repeat the same procedure again.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
This is the workaround that works for me. When heater feels too hot, move temperature to low for a few seconds, then, move temperature to 63, 64, or 65, no higher. Usually, you can achieve a comfortable temperature around those three settings with the fan at 1 or 2. After you restart the gladiator later, if you feel the temperature is too high, repeat the same procedure again.
Yea mine has started doing this again. I canceled my initial appt because it was acting normal for a week.

Itā€™s annoying that on my 45 minute drive home itā€™s super hot, the cold , then hot, constantly adjusting trying to get comfortable. Iā€™m going to take it in here soon when I have some free time to get over to the dealer. They need to get this shit right, something is obviously not right...

And to the people trying to argue the auto vs manual, and outside temp, and ambient temp thatā€™s all bs. Iā€™ve had 9 new cars since Iā€™ve Been a grown up... never issues like this. On manual it should blow the temp you have it set at!

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Itā€™s annoying that on my 45 minute drive home itā€™s super hot, the cold , then hot, constantly adjusting trying to get comfortable. Iā€™m going to take it in here soon when I have some free time to get over to the dealer. They need to get this shit right, something is obviously not right...

And to the people trying to argue the auto vs manual, and outside temp, and ambient temp thatā€™s all bs. Iā€™ve had 9 new cars since Iā€™ve Been a grown up... never issues like this. On manual it should blow the temp you have it set at!
Disagree - should blow the temp REQUIRED to get to the temp you set, then should throttle back to a temp that will maintain your set temperature.
Sponsored