Sponsored

Heater/defroster temperature control is TERRIBLE...anyone else have the same issue?

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I just realized I've never used the defrosters, front or back. Do you still have that problem if you hit the dedicated defrost button? I don't actually know what it does.

stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR, '15 Range Rover
Occupation
Civil Eng
Seems like the OP has a legitimate issue.

I have the cold weather package. If the roof is on, I have the climate control Auto enabled most of the time. The exception is if there's ice in the morning and I use defrost...everythingon Hi.
It works well and seems to provide a steady low fan output to keep the cabin at the set temperature.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I just realized I've never used the defrosters, front or back. Do you still have that problem if you hit the dedicated defrost button? I don't actually know what it does.
If you use Auto, the defrost will be used when the heat is on.

bolingde

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladitor
Here's an example of what happened two days ago.

The temp outside was around 67, inside the temp (on auto) was at 72. Felt a little cool so I turned the temp up to 74 and it's starts blowing cold air. I waited a few minutes thinking it was blowing the cold air out of the vents but it kept getting colder. Hit the manual button and warm air starts blowing.

Now there is a lot I don't know, and I understand that the system is set up using all sorts of science, but I do know that if you want to get warmer you have to use warmer air not colder.

This means that either mine is broke (which doesn't seem to be the case because others have the same problem) or the gladiator's environmental system is just crap and needs a firmware update or tuning etc.

This was just the last example but it has always functioned about the same way on Auto.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Had an issue with mine recently (and I thought I was good to go).

Rolling along gravel roads exploring, outside temp prolly low 50s. Auto Temp set to 71*; all is well.

Rolled down the front windows a bit to enjoy the sounds (which let in the 50* air), and the system proceeds to blow cold air out of the dash vents facing me. Did NOT enjoy that bit of FCA-ness. Turned up the temp a few degrees to no noticeable effect.

Rolled the windows back up . . .

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Here's an example of what happened two days ago.

The temp outside was around 67, inside the temp (on auto) was at 72. Felt a little cool so I turned the temp up to 74 and it's starts blowing cold air. I waited a few minutes thinking it was blowing the cold air out of the vents but it kept getting colder. Hit the manual button and warm air starts blowing.

Now there is a lot I don't know, and I understand that the system is set up using all sorts of science, but I do know that if you want to get warmer you have to use warmer air not colder.

This means that either mine is broke (which doesn't seem to be the case because others have the same problem) or the gladiator's environmental system is just crap and needs a firmware update or tuning etc.

This was just the last example but it has always functioned about the same way on Auto.
I'll say it's broken.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
Both of the problem reports above are different from what happens with mine. I've owned my Gladiator for 11 months, where we went from warm weather, to crazy hot, to crazy cold (for AZ). It always works. I've gone out on a 50 degree night with the windows down, and the system automatically starts blasting full hot air from every vent. Honestly it's far more useful and predictable than my 15 JK.

Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
Does anyone remember the heater controls on a 60s CJ ;)

Gossamer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Customer Service
Vehicle Showcase
I find it impossible to control the heater temperature. Set it to 65, ice cold...69, scalding hot, so hot you are now sweating....back down to 65....still raging hot...63...raging hot....LO....finally goes cold......back to 66....ice cold.....up to 72....getting warmer....73....blazing hot.....back down to 65......still blazing hot. Both sides set at th same temp and different temps coming out of right and left side.

Dealer told me it senses outside air and adjusts accordingly....I'm sorry, but if I set the temp at 66, it shouldn't be blowing 90 degree air and roasting me out of the car.

Anyone know how to fix this, as this isn't normal and the dealer keeps bullshitting us.
I can't say that I've had an issue, and usually just leave it on Auto. However, when my partner in crime (wife) is riding shotgun and must play with the passenger temp, all bets are off and I'm sweating like a moth...., well you know.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
"Sweating like a moth."

WTF.

Never heard th.......ooooohhhhhhhhhh.

I'm lucky that we're a pretty good match, and it mostly stays in the sync mode.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I can't say that I've had an issue, and usually just leave it on Auto. However, when my partner in crime (wife) is riding shotgun and must play with the passenger temp, all bets are off and I'm sweating like a moth...., well you know.
No dual climate control? 😁

Gossamer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Customer Service
Vehicle Showcase
No dual climate control? 😁
thank goodness for dual climate control, but science dictates that hot goes to cold. So, eventually I am too hot, 😂
Sponsored