First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape, 2008 VW GTI
I mean ffs, the title of this thread is literally
“Help me not buy a Ranger Tremor“
Yet you get aggravated at people trying to help you do just that. SMH sometimes I just don’t get you whippersnappers..
It was a mix, some people gave honest opinions, some people clearly got defensive that I'd dare compare their Jeep to a Ranger and then others well:

"God damn, this forum is more and more of a bunch of whinny ass posts.. 2 pages of cuddlings an idiot that needs someone else to make a decision that their wife should be making!!!​
I really enjoyed this forum for 2-3 months, now its just a bunch if I could, what if I do, tell me what to do because I have no idea how to be an adult on my own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! guess that why I hate FB at this point... BYE "​
Or maybe this guy who was like all conspiritorial about me joining a year ago:

This is where I call BS. You come on a pro-JT forum and ask a bunch of homers to convince you to buy a Gladiator while extolling the virutes of a truck that hasn't even come out yet. You've been a member since last year. Are you really telling us you've read no other posts or seen any other pics of what people think about and do with their JTs? And then you have one guy who owned a Ranger and you result to insulting the myriads of patrons on this forum who live, eat, breath, and shit JT. Have fun with your Ford. I really don't harbor any hard feelings do what you want I don't care and I'll still pull you out when you get stuck.​
Or the half dozen other people who were making Prius or Ridgeline comments.

I'm not even upset, if I wasn't amused by it I wouldn't be responding or I'd be angry lol.
Sponsored

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
I mean I reckon I get it on those, but they were in the small minority, and you’re always going to have the occasional tinfoil hats.

OP
OP

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I mean I reckon I get it on those, but they were in the small minority, and you’re always going to have the occasional tinfoil hats.
True but it's coupled with most people having pretty ignorant opinions on the Ranger itself. You can not like the way it looks or something about the way it drives, just not for you, I get it, I knew it wasn't a popular truck. But just because if you can pay another $20k and go to the top end Chevy Colorado that the bowtie is trying to make compete with the Raptor doesn't mean it doesn't compete well in the $30-40k range. The Tremor package took an already competent 4x4 and made it actually better for only a few thousand more.

Really the problem was I compared it to a Rubicon, because that's what I'm weighing, personally. A responsible choice, the Ford or the irresponsible, the Rubicon.

If you compare a Sport S to a similarly price XLT Tremor, I'm sorry but the Tremor will win a lot of off-road categories. Definitely anything that involves speed and I don't know you can tell me anything about who is going to rock crawl better.

OP
OP

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
True but it's coupled with most people having pretty ignorant opinions on the Ranger itself. You can not like the way it looks or something about the way it drives, just not for you, I get it, I knew it wasn't a popular truck. But just because if you can pay another $20k and go to the top end Chevy Colorado that the bowtie is trying to make compete with the Raptor doesn't mean it doesn't compete well in the $30-40k range. The Tremor package took an already competent 4x4 and made it actually better for only a few thousand more.

Really the problem was I compared it to a Rubicon, because that's what I'm weighing, personally. A responsible choice, the Ford or the irresponsible, the Rubicon.

If you compare a Sport S to a similarly price XLT Tremor, I'm sorry but the Tremor will win a lot of off-road categories. Definitely anything that involves speed and I don't know you can tell me anything about who is going to rock crawl better.
Oh dear God, hate to contradict myself but:
Jeep Gladiator Help me not buy a Ranger Tremor 1621042506456

That's just clicking the Tremor package on the XLT. Go fuck yourself Ford and compare on to the Rubi.

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
Get a damn Mojave kid. I live on a dirt road and the damn thing is a blast. You can’t take it with you, and life is too short to drive boring anything. You live in a place made for the Mojave from what you write. Get one and don’t look back. You won’t be sorry. With the discounts Jeep regularly offers, you can get into one easy for that price above. Mine listed for over 60 and I got it for 53 out the door. Some people on here have gotten better pricing than that. Again, just MO, but most fun, by FAR, I’ve ever had in a truck.

Sponsored

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
We may be more related vehicularly than you think. I may live here but my heart (and body when I'm not working) live elsewhere. I wish I could say/show more but I have a strict rule about showing off the place where I frequent online. Its remoteness is always under threat and any picture that goes viral means a conga line of hundreds of people when normal is like any American back-country place.

20,000 acres of this being a major highway:

And this being "normal":

With this stuff waiting at the top (and easy-ish technical stuff to get there)

She's not the Rubicon but she's also wild, amazing, huge and a place where I spend months at a time.

I will live there in the future.

Again though, a Ridgeline could do all that, I know, I did it in an '87 Accord when I was 16!
Maybe it's better to hike there on two feet

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
God damn, this forum is more and more of a bunch of whinny ass posts.. 2 pages of cuddlings an idiot that needs someone else to make a decision that their wife should be making!!!
I really enjoyed this forum for 2-3 months, now its just a bunch if I could, what if I do, tell me what to do because I have no idea how to be an adult on my own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! guess that why I hate FB at this point... BYE
yup

OP
OP

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe it's better to hike there on two feet
There's foot trails and camp sites all over the property, all of which I've traversed extensively over the course of the past 30 years. But the ATV and 4X4s on those trails, which I can do for free, at will, would make me feel jealous so I'd rather take an offroad capable 4x4 where I can hang out with the staff.

Or I'm sorry, am I doing it wrong? Jeep owners who talk smack are supposed to be on asphalt, right? You don't really need a front locker unless you're going 65 on the highway from what I hear.

Literally learned how to drive in a '95 Pathfinder on these roads and the first car I owned I also drove it extensively offroad (turns out a yearly catalytic converter/exhaust parts on an '87 Honda accord is more affordable than a truck).

So let me get this straight, to be like most Jeep owners, all I gotta do is get off these roads and on to some asphalt right?

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
Yea, Nissan finally realized they blew the Titan by not using the Warrior lines. Seems like they addressed it using the new Frontier in the pic. I really see the Warrior lines in it.

I personally feel like Jeep should have made all the Gladiators look like a Rubicon and have LEDs standard. The Rubicon adds should be the front locker, dis-connectable sway bar, improved shocks, wheels, steel bumpers, LEDs, and interior bits. All the rear seats should have a fold down arm rest regardless of cloth or leather. Just my .02.
I personally have never like the frontier and the Titan only look good lifted.. that's me..
as for the JT I opted for all those options minus the Rubicon. i bought HA which just doesnt have lockers or swaybar disco.. im not rock crawlin in Florida.. I didnt love the JT at 1st, bow get the kinks worked I like it more and more.. look for a reason to go drive

OP
OP

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If we're going to seriously debate the Frontier/Titan, it's not a serious contender in today's market. It does nothing the best and does almost everything worse than every other vehicle in its class. All that for $40,000 starting for a crew cab Titan.

Toyota decided to build American trucks in America for Americans. Honda decided some of those people with families can get pretty close to having their cake and eating it too. What in the world has Nissan decided, exactly?

Sponsored

FloridaMan655321

First Name
Lieutenant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1973 F-100 - both manual
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)
It was a mix, some people gave honest opinions, some people clearly got defensive that I'd dare compare their Jeep to a Ranger and then others well:

"God damn, this forum is more and more of a bunch of whinny ass posts.. 2 pages of cuddlings an idiot that needs someone else to make a decision that their wife should be making!!!​
I really enjoyed this forum for 2-3 months, now its just a bunch if I could, what if I do, tell me what to do because I have no idea how to be an adult on my own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! guess that why I hate FB at this point... BYE "​
Or maybe this guy who was like all conspiritorial about me joining a year ago:

This is where I call BS. You come on a pro-JT forum and ask a bunch of homers to convince you to buy a Gladiator while extolling the virutes of a truck that hasn't even come out yet. You've been a member since last year. Are you really telling us you've read no other posts or seen any other pics of what people think about and do with their JTs? And then you have one guy who owned a Ranger and you result to insulting the myriads of patrons on this forum who live, eat, breath, and shit JT. Have fun with your Ford. I really don't harbor any hard feelings do what you want I don't care and I'll still pull you out when you get stuck.​
Or the half dozen other people who were making Prius or Ridgeline comments.

I'm not even upset, if I wasn't amused by it I wouldn't be responding or I'd be angry lol.
Well all those replies aren't wrong. I know I did about 6 months of research before spending the amount of money I did on my Mojave. I generally tend to do more research the more expensive a product is. I saw this post back when it was 2 pages and was going to reply 'just buy a Ford and move on'. Not that I was going to say that as being a dick, but just that if someone has to be talked into buying a Jeep, should probably just buy the other truck they are comparing. I've posted in here that the most logical midsize truck today is the Ridgeline (I owned one prior) and I still feel this is correct. It's a very comfortable truck for everyday living and can haul plywood much nicer. I used the 'trunk' much more than I thought and I like how the rear seats fold up more than the Gladiator. It's also cheaper and possibly more reliable.
If you end up going with the Gladiator and have the money, the Mojave is an awesome option, especially where you live. I've taken my Mojave to Jeepin with Judd and it was a lot of fun. I didn't take it on the super difficult trails, but it was a lot of fun and made me more confident when taking on a trail. I've never cared about rock crawling as I find trails more enjoyable to blast down.

OP
OP

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I saw this post back when it was 2 pages
Can we get this thread locked maybe? Clearly the question has already been answered and the interest is in piling on or just wanting to have your voice heard about the Ranger.

Doesn't help when I say 14 times, "Leaning towards Gladiator" and "confirmed Glatiator" to still have pages of people staying stupid shit like telling me to:

'just buy a Ford and move on'.

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Can we get this thread locked maybe? Clearly the question has already been answered and the interest is in piling on or just wanting to have your voice heard about the Ranger.

Doesn't help when I say 14 times, "Leaning towards Gladiator" and "confirmed Glatiator" to still have pages of people staying stupid shit like telling me to:
That is a great idea as you don’t seem to listen.

Here is the very , very simple answer for you... you listening...???

Jeep Gladiator = convertible, doors off

VS

ford or chebby or Nissan or Honda, or Toyota

= NO CONVERTIBLE NO DOORS OFF.

THAT IS IT!!

OP
OP

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is a great idea as you don’t seem to listen.

Here is the very , very simple answer for you... you listening...???

Jeep Gladiator = convertible, doors off

VS

ford or chebby or Nissan or Honda, or Toyota

= NO CONVERTIBLE NO DOORS OFF.

THAT IS IT!!
What part of "I'm buying a Gladiator" is contradicting ANYTHING that you're saying or me not listening?

Starting to understand why this is maddening? :D

Frankly now that I've been to the dealer, I'm seeing that any way I price it = a Rubicon. it's over before it even started. I will say this, it's way more of a livable daily driver on the road from my test drive, but that's not really what I care about.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I'm shocked this is still going on. Some owners from every brand have a chip on their shoulder and others don't. I have had plenty of people park next to me to show their dick or clit is bigger. (gotta be inclusive, it's 2021)

They all have their selling points. Perhaps rent one of each at different times and do your routine?

Buy what you like. It has no bearing on who you are as a human. It's a possession. It does not define you. If a smart fortwo, is your jam...drive it. You cool and like to wheel, I'll hang with you. Sit by a campfire and drink whiskey, bourbon, or beer.

For me it was simple. Convertible truck that goes all over Colorado. I have never chosen a vehicle for me til now. My ex wife always got the new car and I drove whatever thing I could cobble together that had character. It's nice to not adjust a carb in the morning. It's nice to not use PB Blast on every bolt.

I read your posts... You are an automobile enthusiast. I doubt you will be happy in a bland vehicle.
So buy with does the following:

Do you have a smile when driving it?
Do you look back at it in the lot?
Will you spend extra money on it?

I'm getting kind of sick of getting notified and responding to this thread if this goes on for a few more days I'm going to unsubscribe, lol.

Countdown till someone recommends a Smart ForTwo...

1621034972790.png
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.