First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Occupation
Na
Looking to tint the new Gladiator this weekend and found a couple of precut ceramic options on Amazon.

I've heard the gladiator is pretty much a unicorn in that there's no curve to any of the glass which makes it easy. I've got the tools and a heat gun should I need backup.

Here is where I need help.
I want ~15-20% on the front and want to tint the rears to match.

The pre-cut suppliers allow you to vary the fronts and rears. What should I get so that it looks uniform. I have read a lot of people get this done at the shop but they don't specify what gets put on the back to help match the front.

To be clear, I want to be able to match the stained backs to the slightly (soon to be) darker fronts.

Thanks in advance.

Also, if you live near San Diego and got the skills or the hookup, I will bribe you for it.
Sponsored

GRAN1TE JT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S
I had my front windows done in 20%. Nothing on the factory tinted rear glass. Only other thing is my windshield is tinted 20%. Your factory rear tint should be around 20% like most cars so you should be able to get away with just 20% on the front two windows

OP
OP

KAExcaliber

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Occupation
Na
I had my front windows done in 20%. Nothing on the factory tinted rear glass. Only other thing is my windshield is tinted 20%. Your factory rear tint should be around 20% like most cars so you should be able to get away with just 20% on the front two windows
I cant wait to get my windows done. I want to do the back doors and hard top as well to reduce interior heat and sun.

OP
OP

KAExcaliber

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Occupation
Na
Has anyone tinted over their rears and then matched the fronts to the back post tint?

Sponsored

Wet Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Following. Can you post links to the pre-cut options you're considering? I may do this also. Possibly just the front windows though.

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
How hard is this to do on your own? Is there much cost savings?

gerky18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I had mine done professionally but can give my 2 cents. I told the guy to match the back and he went with 15%. I have seen 15% or 20% as the match. My guess is it depends on the brand of tint. For the back and the rear I had a clear solar layer added to help with the UV and such.

20210509_152130.jpg

OP
OP

KAExcaliber

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Occupation
Na
Following. Can you post links to the pre-cut options you're considering? I may do this also. Possibly just the front windows though.
There are quite a few on Amazon. Depends on which brands and how many windows. I will post links and pics when I finish.

OP
OP

KAExcaliber

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Occupation
Na
How hard is this to do on your own? Is there much cost savings?
Standard tint runs about 150 on the low end. The ceramic tint jobs can be double or triple the cost.
The technique is the same obviously it's just a bigger markup on the material.

The gladiator windows are flat and small; with some patience and precut options I feel it shouldn't be too bad/ take too long.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I had mine done at the the tint shop up the road from me. My hard top came pre tinted at the dealership and I had that stripped off and retinted 5%. Hendricks does complimentary tinting on all the vehicles you buy front them but it's legal tint, 35%. I'm planning on having it stripped off and tinted to 20% all around and keeping the rear glass 5%. Not sure how much the pre cut tint is but for the mid grade tint at my local shop they quoted me $80 all around and that was to strip it off and retint the 4 doors. He did the rear glass for $50 so basically $130 all around once I get it all done. If he didn't have to strip any of it off he would of done it for $100.

Not sure how much cost savings there is in doing it yourself. If you haven't ever done it then it can be a pain to get it to lay down right. What I'd add up is how much time your going to spend on it and then decide how much your time is worth. $150 or less seems like a deal to let someone else deal with it rather than me mess with it. Plus if it's like my shop they will warranty it and redo anything if it doesn't meet your standard. I've had 10 cars tinted by my dude and he has only had to redo two windows and both times I think it's because my son rolled the window down to soon.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I can do, or learn how to do, a lot of things. Window Tinting is something that I would have done by someone experienced.

Sekgunnut

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator mojave
Occupation
Foreman at Union Pacific
This is 20% front, factory rear. Cost me $50 here which is pretty standard for something this easy.

EA14F338-1B12-45BA-8C79-04B4D0340B06.jpeg

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

JetSkiJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 2011 Ford Crown Vic (work car), 2020 Mojave Gladiator as of 10-24-20.
Occupation
Retired LE
This is what I had done with my Mojave
5% on my Front Doors
10% to Match Rear Doors to Front
10% Rear Window
18% Entire Front Windshield

BEFORE PHOTO # 1 -2 weeks old after purchase from Jeep dealer and waiting for Tint at my go to guy for Tint.
Jeep Gladiator Help me tint my ride 2020-11-16 11.29.47

BELOW = IN THE PROCESS AND AFTER PHOTOS OF FINISHED CERAMIC TINT JOB.

Jeep Gladiator Help me tint my ride 2020-11-16 13.08.10

Jeep Gladiator Help me tint my ride 2020-11-16 14.04.17

Jeep Gladiator Help me tint my ride 2020-11-16 13.27.31

Jeep Gladiator Help me tint my ride 2020-12-13 16.19.50

PS: Tint Laws vary from state to state ... just a friendly heads up & check before you tint to make sure you wont run into any issues from that 1 officer. (Im just telling like it is, as I was a LEO and there is always that 1 officer that loves to issue Dark Tint tickets and keeps fresh batteries in their Tint Meter)

I am in Florida and am exempt from Tint Law due to having a Private Investigators License. Florida State Statute : 316.29545

But 28% is Legal for Florida.

Florida Window Tinting Laws:
Your front side windows must have a VLT of at least 28%. Your back-side windows must have a VLT (Visible Light Transmission) of at least 15%, and your rear window must also have a 15% VLT. For SUVs and vans, the VLT is the same for the windshield and front side windows.
Sponsored