Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stacy'sMom aka: 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
87 Octane here. Modern engine mgt systems work well to balance out any knocking, etc.
Sponsored

Bob502000

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So I've been real pleased with the gas mileage I've been getting since going to 315 70 17 BFG KO2s. Ran the 35 12.5 17 BFGs on my 2010 JKU with 3:73 gears and built and never saw over 15MPGs. So with my JT when I switch to the taller tire I removed the section leading up to the fender on the Foglight covers. I've been getting between 18-18.5 MPGs and I was happy with that.

Well last week I removed the front bumper and installed a Rugged Ridge full width spartan Bumper and a Badlands Apex 12000lb winch. Now I was expecting a drop in MPGs because of the weight and was completely going to be fine if it dropped down to even 17 MPGs. Now as of today on my way home I'm getting 19.1 MPGs in JT and nothing driving habits wise has changed or any of my routes. It's been warmer but other than that nothing else has changed. Does aerodynamics make that much of a difference because I feel like because the full width bumper closed that gap up again it caused the jeep to not have as much wind resistance. I can actually feel a difference with the wind blowing. If this is how it's going to be then I'm freaking super happy with my decision to by this truck. Any thoughts on anything else that could contribute to the MPGs going up.

IMG_20200608_204320.jpg
IMG_20200608_205033.jpg

Took both of these today. Took one when I hit 19 and the other about 20 minutes later when it went to 19.1. Can't believe it
17 mpg here with lift, 37s, stubby front bumper and winch.

Bob502000

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If I can get 17 if I decide to go to 37's I'll be happy. What brand 37 you running?
Nitto Ridge Graps 12.50x37. This is also a Rubicon that has 4:10 gears. Yours might do a little better than mine. I have the 2" mopar lift on it.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Nitto Ridge Graps 12.50x37. This is also a Rubicon that has 4:10 gears. Yours might do a little better than mine. I have the 2" mopar lift on it.
I got 4.10 gears with the Max tow and I got the 2.5" readylift installed. I'm just keeping a list of tires for if I decide to got to 37's. Gotta wait for the 35's to wear out first.

Sponsored

Bob502000

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I got 4.10 gears with the Max tow and I got the 2.5" readylift installed. I'm just keeping a list of tires for if I decide to got to 37's. Gotta wait for the 35's to wear out first.
Cool didn't know about that.

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
Hah, we were one of them! LOL
1st time off-road with the Gladiator, 2WD or 4H and I ran through the deepest sand I could find without being a dumbass. Although, I did use the OffRoad+ to see what it was.

Fuel Mileage wise: We drove across country with trailer and avg. 12mpg.
Now that we're moving in normal conditions and staying speed limit + 5-10 over, our fuel mileage is good.
Down to the beach and back, over 20mpg with the stock M/Ts.
Highway speeds over 75 kills the mileage, brings it closer to 16-17.

B2410BB1-2923-4CB0-828F-49D4BBC6B94A_1_105_c.jpeg
Awesome! Maybe we missed each other but I had an eye out. Did see a few white JTs but didn't remember any Rubis in particular.

There were some really sugary sandy spots, just gotta be smart about it. I tried the same thing. Offroad+ the second time and feel like it helped. There was a Gator JT that couldn't make it up a sandy off ramp at first. Then they aired down (there were signs everywhere before telling you to) and lined up with the ramp for momentum after they saw a small Cherokee do it first. We had no problems.

Rwalk31

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU/ 13 Ram 3500
Stop resetting your computer, you need to get a true average and if you keep resetting it you never will. Drive or for 2 weeks without a reset. Only reset if conditions change.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Stop resetting your computer, you need to get a true average and if you keep resetting it you never will. Drive or for 2 weeks without a reset. Only reset if conditions change.
I haven't reset my computer since I was at 500 miles, right after I had the lift and tires put on, I'm currently at 7300 miles.

Gobi Gladi8or

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Agriculture
Mine must be broken. Bone stock JTR. I can scarcely get 15 mpg out of it. Afraid if I add a lift and bigger tires I'll drop down to 12-13. Haven't been hitting the highway at all during this covid nonsense, though, and live in a very hilly town, so that might be all it is. If I saw 18 mpg I'd just about die of happiness.
I’m feel the same way

morejeepsthanicancount

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m feel the same way
Getting into 7th and 8th gear is where the fuel economy differs from city mileage. I've got a heavier rig than most gladiators, light on the pedal after initial acceleration(I do have a pedal commander) and I'm averaging 18 in the city with 35s. I just finished 450 round trip highway cruise(with a week of city driving around the beach) with 3 passengers, 2 large dogs, and the soft topper full to the brim with kennels and beach vacation stuff averaging 20.2mpg. I'll be regearing next week to 4.88s which I think will improve the mileage on the highway as I'll get back 8th gear more often. Light pedal after initial acceleration is where I saw the majority of my fuel mileage increase btw.
Sponsored