Help. Soft top or Sunrider??

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max
@TopOff get the soft top and sell the hard top. I had a JK with hard top. As soon as I got the soft top from @Bestop I hoisted the hard top up to the rafters in the garage, and that damn hard top stayed up there until I traded in the JK for my JT. So, naturally, I ordered my JT with soft top only. Michigan weather is way too unpredictable, top on while I'm working. Top off for the ride home. Top on to put JT back in the garage. Sooooo easy and great quality soft top from FCA
Sponsored

Jdyowa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
Manager
@TopOff get the soft top and sell the hard top. I had a JK with hard top. As soon as I got the soft top from @Bestop I hoisted the hard top up to the rafters in the garage, and that damn hard top stayed up there until I traded in the JK for my JT. So, naturally, I ordered my JT with soft top only. Michigan weather is way too unpredictable, top on while I'm working. Top off for the ride home. Top on to put JT back in the garage. Sooooo easy and great quality soft top from FCA
Besttop makes them for FCA

Under-Pressure

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Hey Guys,
We have 2 fabric options available here.
The Twill is currently $849.99.
The Black Diamond is currently $749.99 with a $100 mail-in rebate bringing it to $649.99 until the end of the month.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Lee

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
When will the black twill Sunrider be available again?

aj8544

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR,2018 Wrangler JLU 2.0, 2018 F150
I currently have both- am selling the sunrider. The full soft top is excellent. Removing the back window and corners is faster than removing the freedom panels, then just flip open the top. Or if in a hurry or short ride just leave the rear window in. One big benefit is the safari position, top up and rear window out- the air flow is exceptional, and gives you shade or rain protection. The sunrider is nice, had it first and enjoyed it, but the full soft top is way better imo.

Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Love my Sunrider top, especially up in Alaska where the weather can change in a heartbeat. This trip around the Denali Hwy just a few weeks ago, I had rain, sun, clouds, and just above freezing into a frozen wasteland.
Jeep Gladiator Help. Soft top or Sunrider?? 98190746_10222224708225879_835535988506755072_o
Jeep Gladiator Help. Soft top or Sunrider?? 98190746_10222224708225879_835535988506755072_o
Wow! Beautiful shots!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

geneinhouston

First Name
gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys Ed. in PitchBlack
Occupation
Photographer/Travel Manager/Blue October promotions (best friends band!)
Love my Sunrider top, especially up in Alaska where the weather can change in a heartbeat. This trip around the Denali Hwy just a few weeks ago, I had rain, sun, clouds, and just above freezing into a frozen wasteland.
dang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and on top of that, the dog is awesome too! A+++

Fungi3

First Name
Fungi3
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP GLADIATOR ALTITUDE
Occupation
Lover of Life
I LOVE having the top off the Gladiator (and my Wranglers prior).

I have a hard top now but I’m picking up a soft top tomorrow - still in the box- I bought on FB.

However, the more I read about the soft top the more I don’t like. You have to take out the window instead of rolling. You can’t only fold back partially.

Am I better off selling the soft top and buying the Hard top sunrider?

Then again, is that a $900 improvement over just using the freedom panels?

Has anyone here used bot

Please help
I own a hardtop (with Freedom panels) and Mopar twill soft top. I used the hardtop for 3 months during cold weather. Took off the easily removed freedom panels whenever possible. I kep the freedom panel bag in my bed and took them on and off often. I then tried a sunrider for a few weeks. Had it pulls back 70% of the time. Then decided to get a Mopar twill soft top. It uncovers the entire front and rear seats, and I pull it back often.

So why the changes?

HARD TOP
I love the hard top from Nov 1sr through April 15th here in New England. I find it very easy to remove the panels and pop into their padded bag quickly. The temp and noise inside is not much different from a hard top car.

SUNRIDER
A great alternative for hard top-only owners.
Goes back quickly and easily. However, I did not like the mounting hardware and the materials used. I would not keep it installed during cold snowy periods outside. To me, it could never compare with the Mopar twill entire soft top.

MOPAR TWILL SOFT TOP
I know it’s a bit pricy, but the material, design, hardware, tinted window, excellent water sealing, and ease of use…plus you easil have the entire top off (front and back seats) when you pop the too. For me, it’s a way better experience. Isef it wasn’t for snow, ice, and extreme cold here, I would leave on all year.

MY DECISION
Full twill soft top mid April to end of Oct. Then spend 2 hrs or so swapping to the hard top. Best of all worlds. The hard top only takes up
30” wide x 6+ feet long table in garage during soft top months. IF you CAN afford both, and you CAN make just a tiny patch of room, then this is the best scenario. You get to experience all the best of a glad jeep.

Fungi3

First Name
Fungi3
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP GLADIATOR ALTITUDE
Occupation
Lover of Life
I was thinking a soft top wouldn’t cost much different than a sunrider...how much are they?

That depends which soft top you want. The vinyl base top can be found for $900-$1200. The Mopar base vinyl top is $1200-$1400. The Premium Mopar twill top is $1500-$1800. Of course you can find these on Marketplace or other sales sites for less.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Here in the wild west, speed limits of 75 and even 80 on interstates combine with cross-winds and long distances. Under those conditions, I was not able to get the Mopar soft top to behave, and neither could the dealer, even with complete replacements, adjustments, etc. The front panel would vibrate so loudly that you couldn't talk or even think. Otherwise, I liked it and occasionally opened it whereas I am a bit reluctant to break the seals on the hardtop panels and risk road noise or leaks, so I have not taken advantage of the open air feature with the factory hardtop.

Sponsored

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
I love my soft top, wish I had ordered it from the factory instead of hard top.

I prefer being able to have the full roof and/or back open and not just over the front seats. And also being able to take out the back window separately (safari mode is fun) or all together. And to do it easily/quickly at any given time with no planning ahead for the weather required.

I've figured out how to stow the back window pieces in the cab without taking any interior seating or bed space, which you can't do with the freedom panels.

Worth every penny in my opinion.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I've figured out how to stow the back window pieces in the cab without taking any interior seating or bed space, which you can't do with the freedom panels.
I'd be interested in seeing/hearing how you did this.

raypla

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD Stingray
Occupation
Facility Planner
I'd be interested in seeing/hearing how you did this.
Lay the back window on the seat, put the corner pieces on floor, is what I do. Might fit behind rear seats, 🤷‍♂️

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Lay the back window on the seat, put the corner pieces on floor, is what I do. Might fit behind rear seats, 🤷‍♂️
The person I quoted said they did it without taking up any interior seating. I use the back seat a lot for kids, so it’s m interested to hear their solution.
Sponsored