Hide Away Gun Safe... for when CC is not Allowed

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
So I wanted to share what I have done as a CC gun safe. In my old Jeep I had the best top under seat storage and absolutely loved it! For the longest time I wished they would make one for the JL. When I finally got my gladiator I found out why they never did. There is absolutely no room under the seats on driver or passenger side.

I though about where I could possibly, securely mount a safe for my EDC for times when CC is not allowed. I kind of identified the behind the back bench seat as the only area that a safe would fit. This also gives the added security of a double lock system (the safe and the lovable seat) as an added layer of protection. I know it is not the most convenient or accessible location from the driver seat but this would mainly be used when I am in areas where guns are not permitted or if I am ever in the state of mind :)beer::beer::beer:)that would prohibit me from carrying.

I tried a bunch of safes and landed on the Vaultek essential Quick Access https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07G7C119Q?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

this was the only one that would fit well and and still retain most functionality of the back tray.

to get the safe to fit, I had to cut The trim plastic along the top of where the safe would be mounted. This allowed me to slide the mounting bracket in the space behind the center rear seat. Slitting the plastic allowed for the bracket to push back against the frame of the truck and get some mounting screws securely in metal. I then installed the safe and it is securely in place. 4-8 digit code and it electronically poops out and I have quick access to my fire arm. It has a built in rechargeable battery and can be charged via a usb cable attached to the real center counsel. See some pictures below.

83D4F4CC-3F33-4DE7-A9A7-4D309EFB23A7.jpeg

99004057-5CC6-4ADF-9181-935912A80009.jpeg

0884D294-5D60-4FF8-941F-14EEE6A4BC6B.jpeg

5215F0ED-F6B8-46D7-81EB-99A309DD853E.jpeg
Sponsored

Jowen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon Cherokee an x2 2020 jt rubicon
I avoid states where my permit is not valid, I also do not show how or where I carry side arm or long gun. Red neck and can be mobile and hostile if necessary. Now just where can I put my duty shotgun?