Sponsored

Highway noise deadening suggestions

Mojave2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Hi - I already have the Mopar headliner for my Freedom Top (came with my 21 Mojave). Just curious if there are better options to reduce the highway noise - such as swapping the Mopar headliner with some other option.

Or should I not expect much improvements beyond the Mopar headliner and instead focus on other areas to sound deaden instead

Not sure how hard it is to remove the Mopar headliner either.

Thanks
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Wasn't one of the third party options or deadeners able to go over the top of the MOPAR stuff - double the protection and cover more area at the same time?
Seems to me one of the other options went right over the MOPAR "headliner" pieces.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
The Sound Assassin product from Hotheads works well, and is available in more than just the strips for, “Under,” the headliner.
And it isn’t just for their headliner, either.

Kevin

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
If the above suggestions don't work, you may have to take a second look at your tires. I have the Mopar headliners and the factory tires (so far) and the setup is just fine. I'm prepared to sacrifice something though, if I go with a more aggressive tire profile for off-road.

Sponsored

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I haven’t spent the time to do it but I think most of my annoying noise is from the mirror mounts or maybe windshield frame.
There are threads about adding silicone to the mirror mounts, basically sealing the doors from sound better.
Just a thought.

OP
OP
Mojave2021

Mojave2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
If the above suggestions don't work, you may have to take a second look at your tires. I have the Mopar headliners and the factory tires (so far) and the setup is just fine. I'm prepared to sacrifice something though, if I go with a more aggressive tire profile for off-road.
Thanks - yes I have the Falken M/Ts but I really like them so far, and hence would like to retain them.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Any guidance on how to remove the Mopar headliner. It’d be great to be able to supplement the Mopar headliner given my investment in it.
That's why I was asking about or mentioning the one product that was mentioned here a year ago that went over the top of the MOPAR headliner setup - which to me made sense as then you had at least in those smaller areas "double" product.

OP
OP
Mojave2021

Mojave2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
That's why I was asking about or mentioning the one product that was mentioned here a year ago that went over the top of the MOPAR headliner setup - which to me made sense as then you had at least in those smaller areas "double" product.
Thanks makes sense - also found another thread advising that the Mopar headliner is installed with velcro.

Sponsored

Wyofuy069

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jt Mojave
Occupation
Sales
I sprayed Boom Mat under the whole cab. About 3 cans worth. A little messy, but it helped. Road noise a bit and I did not have to rip the interior apart.

IOS-XR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator HA Diesel, 21 Silverado LT Diesel
Occupation
CTO
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Will probably give the Sound assassins a try on the top first.
I did a review of the Sound Assassin kit here just a week or two ago. I put it under the factory Mopar headliner. It made a big difference and I highly recommend it.

IOS-XR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator HA Diesel, 21 Silverado LT Diesel
Occupation
CTO
Thanks makes sense - also found another thread advising that the Mopar headliner is installed with velcro.
it is. Super easy to remove and put sound deadening underneath.
Sponsored