Sound deadening

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
Well, the 4-door JL version is $400, so that should give an idea.
Anyone have experience with the coverking liner? it definitely looks the cleanest, but does it have a foam layer, or is it just formed carpet? I need to throw liner in our JKU, and the Mopar is only $230 on amazon.
Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD

BreakFixRepeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody got the coverking liner yet? Wondering how it is. It sure looks nice.

Sponsored

OP
OP
f2f46

f2f46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Anybody got the coverking liner yet? Wondering how it is. It sure looks nice.
I ordered mine on the 26th and it just shipped today. Should get it early next week.

Looks like they may have a third party company called 'Custom Products Inc' making it rather than making it in house? Not sure

BreakFixRepeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered mine on the 26th and it just shipped today. Should get it early next week.

Looks like they may have a third party company called 'Custom Products Inc' making it rather than making it in house? Not sure
Cool deal. Post up pics and your thoughts on how it turns out for us! I do think the price is pretty decent.

OP
OP
f2f46

f2f46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
OK turns out I couldnt take the whole top off without taking my ARE bed cap off so I ended up getting a local custom shop to do the work for me.

I also tasked them with re-installing the factory headliner over top of it... because why waste it? The coverking one fits the contours of the top so well, maybe it could work?

So they removed the factory headliner/velcro/adhesive, installed the coverking headliner then took the 'hooks' part of the factory headliner velcro off the headliner pieces themselves and replaced it with the 'loops' that are normally stuck to the hardtop and it worked.

Double headlined and doesnt feel bulky. Sound is improved from the factory headliner only but really the temperature insulation is most impressive. Especially with the 5000ft high desert utah sun. Quality of carpet is OK- not super high end feel but what I would expect for the price point. I don't look up that often anyway so I haven't really thought about it living with it now for a month. The back is mostly covered by the factory headliner anyway which feels more 'finished.'

Overall I'd say it's worth the money. If you have the factory headliner- know that you can reuse it by reversing the velcro, so don't toss the 'loop' strips that are on the hard top

(sorry pics are a bit dark- hopefully you get the picture)

Jeep Gladiator Sound deadening 2020-09-06 12.55.48
Jeep Gladiator Sound deadening 2020-09-06 12.58.14
Jeep Gladiator Sound deadening 2020-09-06 13.54.40

BreakFixRepeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for posting that. Looks really good. I really like the idea of reusing the factory headliner on top of the coverking.

Sponsored

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Rubi Sarge Green; '08 JK
Occupation
Military
It looks like you can't see ANY of the white top once the liner is installed....or did you paint it first? Just wondering if I should paint around the edges before installing.

OP
OP
f2f46

f2f46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
It looks like you can't see ANY of the white top once the liner is installed....or did you paint it first? Just wondering if I should paint around the edges before installing.
I did not paint. The carpet kit does a great job covering all the white parts that are exposed.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I just finished installing hotheads a couple hours ago and was thrilled with it until i saw this.

that looks factory and way better than the hotheads. Mixing this with the sound assassins (if they would fit) would be awesome. I Cant believe how clean that looks.