Sponsored

Hit and run

• Thread starter Deleted member 30519
  • Start date
  • Watchers 13

Deleted member 30519

I got rear ended today by an old doge ram. The bumper obviously is a goner and the tailgate has a baseball sized dent and won't open because it's wedged pretty bad. The rear body panel warped out in a weird way. How much In damages do you guys think it will cost to fix? Some guy in another thread was saying the whole box might need to be replaced. I'm looking into getting a steel bumper this time.

Jeep Gladiator Hit and run IMG_20200801_200005

IMG_20200801_164915__01.jpg
Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Make sure to get Diminshed value out of this. Will probably be a couple to several thousand dollars if you do it right!

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUS, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Depending on the damage, a new tailgate costs about $300 unpainted. You may be able to find a used one, undamaged for a little more than that. A new bed unpainted costs $4,000. :headbang:

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Sucks ... I had this happen once. They caught the dirt bag kid, but I still had to pay my deductible through insurance to get it fixed.

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

Sucks ... I had this happen once. They caught the dirt bag kid, but I still had to pay my deductible through insurance to get it fixed.
Yeah same here :facepalm: The question I was really trying to ask you guys is.. does it look like I'm gonna need a new box based on that damage ? I honestly don't know how that could be fixed otherwise.

Sponsored

Cburd61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Yeah same here :facepalm: The question I was really trying to ask you guys is.. does it look like I'm gonna need a new box based on that damage ? I honestly don't know how that could be fixed otherwise.
The bed side could be replaced, and color matched, but that also depends on if there’s any underlying or unseen damage. Personally, I think there is, from the picture. I would opt to try to get a whole new bed. I do PDR for an automotive manufacturer, but that’s my opinion.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
It’s a new vehicle. New vehicles tend to get full, not partial parts replacement. You see that wrinkle above and to the rear of the right fender? You need a new box. All in I’m thinking around $8k.

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

It’s a new vehicle. New vehicles tend to get full, not partial parts replacement. You see that wrinkle above and to the rear of the right fender? You need a new box. All in I’m thinking around $8k.
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I had a tree fall in the bed of my 05 ram years back and it was $8,500 in damages. Of course allstate dropped me two months later.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I’ve been hit and run twice in the past 4 years, I now have dash-cams with front/rear cameras in all vehicles.

last one was a couple months ago when I was driving my TJ... small car decided they wanted to be in my lane, and hit my drivers tire/fender... it took 2 minutes to fix my damage.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

I’ve been hit and run twice in the past 4 years, I now have dash-cams with front/rear cameras in all vehicles.

last one was a couple months ago when I was driving my TJ... small car decided they wanted to be in my lane, and hit my drivers tire/fender... it took 2 minutes to fix my damage.
Funny thing is I just bought a dash cam last week but I couldn't find my micro SD card. I would of had it up and running. Crazy

Phred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Gladiator Rubicon
Agree with this...new box because of that ripple...

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

I'm already thinking in my head on a steel bumper and maybe even a wilco spare tire tailgate. How would I arrange something like that into the claim? It's been a while since I had to do this.