Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I wanted NV skids before my Rausch Creek outing last year. But couldn't get them in time. So I ended up with the Dana diff covers. I've abused them pretty good.
Sponsored

OP
OP
toddarama

toddarama

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Gobi
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I do IT stuff so I can buy Jeep stuff.
I wanted NV skids before my Rausch Creek outing last year. But couldn't get them in time. So I ended up with the Dana diff covers. I've abused them pretty good.
Would you switch to skids if you had the chance, or do the covers do all you need? Do you feel like you ever worry about getting hung up on things you might be able to slide over with skid?

RC is the probably the closest offroad park for me (and not that far to AOAA either), so that's probably where I'd be most likely to bust something up. :)

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Would you switch to skids if you had the chance, or do the covers do all you need? Do you feel like you ever worry about getting hung up on things you might be able to slide over with skid?

RC is the probably the closest offroad park for me (and not that far to AOAA either), so that's probably where I'd be most likely to bust something up. :)
I ran the Rock Crusher diff covers on my Power Wagon for over 10 years. They seen LOTS of abuse. They never let me down. So I will most likely stick with the Dana cast iron diff covers.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I am working on my approach to protecting the bottom of my JTR. Looking for some suggestions and healthy discussion about how best to protect the diffs. Is an aftermarket diff cover 'enough'? Is a skid plate a better idea? Is this an either/or question or should I be thinking diff cover AND skid plate?

What are you using, would you do the same thing again .... inquiring minds want to know!
Skid plate is the best way to protect them. Next Venture Motorsports has some that also protect the driveshafts’ connections to the pinion. I’ve been using them for a while and they’re bullet proof. I wouldn’t use anything else.
Jeep Gladiator How are you protecting diffs? 1FC08DAD-771A-469D-BA6E-3C29D72C23FD
Jeep Gladiator How are you protecting diffs? 8D179CD6-F15C-4C64-8012-5D7876B1764D

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Frame side rear LCA mount is vulnerable as f***. First skid anyone should add.
No question. Mine are shown in one of my pictures above. They get scraped often. I have them on all 8 LCA mounts, and the rear shock mounts.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
No question. Mine are shown in one of my pictures above. They get scraped often. I have them on all 8 LCA mounts, and the rear shock mounts.
Me too. First thing I did was to protect all the low hanging fruit.

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
rancho guide plates
Jeep Gladiator How are you protecting diffs? Front Glide plate 1
Jeep Gladiator How are you protecting diffs? Front Glide plate 2
Jeep Gladiator How are you protecting diffs? Front Glide plate 1
Jeep Gladiator How are you protecting diffs? Front Glide plate 2
Jeep Gladiator How are you protecting diffs? Rear glide plate 1
Jeep Gladiator How are you protecting diffs? Rear glide plate 2
Jeep Gladiator How are you protecting diffs? Under Armor

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
I use a set of Dana cast covers the ribs are sort of a ramp that I feel will help guide diff up and over. I got the covers for free from a member blasted and painted with Steelit paint. The orange reflector was just me being anal and having to put something where the name plate used to be. When I got them they were pretty beat up and rusted, but not damaged at all. I like that my unlifted Mojave has protection, and the most clearance possible! I would prefer to go with the New Venture skids if I was buying again, but consider myself a poser, and think I am fine and the next expense will be the next venture full belly skid. Getting a rear hitch skid is perhaps more important first.
As for Rausch Creek, reach out , there are get togethers all the time, I have been there without the diff covers and did not die!…..Jack
EB9D3945-1100-400D-A5CA-06D9B6A9433B.jpeg
951396AC-1401-48D2-8E63-02AB84FC1CFA.jpeg
Sponsored