Sponsored

How easy does a Rubicon cruise at 90mph?

Pescado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Drive the I5 in California, you'll see 90+ if you don't want run over. JTR on 35's does just fine.
I drive the I5 all the time between LA and San Diego...only A-holes go 90 mph and they are usually in a rice rocket not a truck and they are far and few. Maybe in Arizona you'll see 90 but not around here
Sponsored

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
I bet the cruise wouldn’t even engage at 90. Many won’t. My Ram wouldn’t engage cruise above 85.

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mikeđź–¤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
My diesel Rubi sees between 75-80 consistently here in Texas, and I am getting 8th gear and 23mpg with a RTT, bed rack, and loaded bed of tools/camping gear

Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
The flyover counties between SF and LA are a different kettle of fish.

I drive the I5 all the time between LA and San Diego...only A-holes go 90 mph and they are usually in a rice rocket not a truck and they are far and few. Maybe in Arizona you'll see 90 but not around here

MoparToYou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Safety issues aside, ...

A stock Mojave with 35s will cruise at 90 across the open stretches of two lane highway in Nevada, where you can see for miles and miles and miles ahead of you, and know that there are no other vehicles to endanger. Yes, cruise control will engage at 90. And, … keep in mind that when the speedometer says 90, and you are running on 35s without the speedometer having been corrected ...

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2015 911 C2S
As someone who drives 85+ daily, the gladiator is more than capable and safe at those speeds, with a good driver that is. Put any dumbass without experience in a truck or Jeep at any speed can be unsafe. You have to know the behaviors of the vehicle you're driving. I didn't hop in first day, rush down I95 at 100mph. I figured out the brakes, steering, power etc, then slowly pushed it until I felt it wasn't where it was happy to be. Luckily for me, I don't need to drive it harder than I do, so Im comfortable with its capabilities.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
At 90 MPH don't expect the EcoDiesel (or any diesel) to return good fuel economy. The diesel has a very short powerband and as RPMs go up, MPGs go down rapidly.

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara
No issues with 35s.. Expect 13mpg at best, as previosuly mentioned, basically a barn on wheels.

70mph is the sweet spot for me.
70-74 mph is the sweet spot in a stock Gladitor Overland - I can still maintain 22-33 mpg unless it’s windy. I drive about 200 miles/week.

Josephus

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTDR for Dad. 03' TJ daughter. 07'JKLR to son.
Occupation
IT dude, electrician, and a few other things ;)
Vehicle Showcase
At that speed, the high center of gravity counts a bit more than at 70 or 80........
It's only bad if something breaks, some animal jumps on the road in front of you...
....funny you should mention that.
It was Spring of 2014 and I was taking that back roads (aka: the "Alley") through Florida on a late Sunday night. When I pulled around a soft curve at about 50mph and met this guy...
The picture quality is poor, but that speck in the distance is his jawbone knocked clean-off his skull by the 35" Goodyear MT Kevlars.
The tires were fine, but the electronic swaybar disconnect, tie rod, wheel bearing, and front driveshaft were never the same again, and cost me another $5000 over the next 5 years.
My point is, even a relatively small flat animal is going to ruin your day at 50mph, let alone 80+.

Jeep Gladiator How easy does a Rubicon cruise at 90mph? Gator-Rt31-SB.JPG
Sponsored