Sponsored

how long did you wait to receive your Gladiator?

joncr500hon

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
Te x h
:angry: So our Gladiator has been done since 12/22/2020....

How long on average did you wait?

We are 3.5 hours from factory...

Have 0 luck getting more info on status ....

Have been in contact with Jeep Chat trying to get more info...

Our dealer was told it was in the hands of truck driver on 12/31

So beyond frustrated!!
Sponsored

Mchannell

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Unlimited Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Home theater tech

So beyond frustrated!!
Ordered on 11/24, shipped on 01/7, picked up today on the eastern shore Delaware. Jeep chat wasnā€™t very accurate on the process however the dealer knew when it was supposed to ship. Good luck!

bsd103

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 Gladiator Sport S 6spd manual, 2013 Abarth 500, 2012 charger SRT

So beyond frustrated!!
If it makes you feel better mine has been done for over a month and I'm similarly close to the factory. Sounds like the truck driver didn't know how to operate the manual (specifically the reverse lockout collar) so he just left it. It's now a bigger clusterfck with no ETA. I got to watch employee pricing slip by as the delivery ETA was pushed back 1 week at a time for a month. I also am 99.9% sure I won't see it in January. I could have picked it up myself with a quick day trip.

OP
OP
joncr500hon

joncr500hon

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
Te x h
If it makes you feel better mine has been done for over a month and I'm similarly close to the factory. Sounds like the truck driver didn't know how to operate the manual (specifically the reverse lockout collar) so he just left it. It's now a bigger clusterfck with no ETA. I got to watch employee pricing slip by as the delivery ETA was pushed back 1 week at a time for a month. I also am 99.9% sure I won't see it in January. I could have picked it up myself with a quick day trip.

That's what we are so upset about we would've gotten employee pricing which would've save 5,500$ but because we ordered it and it was done and is in limbo we are missing out !! So beyond frustrated!!

OP
OP
joncr500hon

joncr500hon

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
Te x h
Ordered on 11/24, shipped on 01/7, picked up today on the eastern shore Delaware. Jeep chat wasnā€™t very accurate on the process however the dealer knew when it was supposed to ship. Good luck!

Congrats!!
Our dealer told us it was on the truck on 12/31 and now it's still at factory !! So frustrating!

Sponsored

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Hope you guys get your trucks soon. I'm almost 4 weeks in and it feels like forever, especially since it's stuck in "procuring parts" from Jeep chat. I'm hoping to get it in early Feb if I'm lucky.

Hardhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Ram Diesel, 95 Jeep Wrangler, 21 Jeep Gladiator
I been waiting a week and chomping at the bit. I cannot imagine how I wil be in a couple months ā˜¹šŸ¤£

F3Orangeman

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTOD, ā€™02 F-150 SCrew
Occupation
Stay-at-Home Financial Analyst (thanks to COVID)
A full week plus since ordering. Got my Vin on day 3. Jeep chat on day 5 said procuring parts. Time to bug my dealer tomorrow!

ArloGuthroJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTRD
Mine was at final inspection starting December 18th...checked 2x a week until last week they created escalation ticket for me because it shouldn't have sat there that long. The very next day it was scheduled for shipping :/

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I bought mine off the dealer lot for the deal I wanted so I have no experience with orders, but I've got to ask this: Is there not a price guarantee built into the contract when you order, so that available employee pricing would still apply regardless of delivery date?

From reading some of the posts here I was thinking that next time around I might try ordering, but if they can change the price on me by delaying delivery - that's a deal-killer for me.

Sponsored

F3Orangeman

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTOD, ā€™02 F-150 SCrew
Occupation
Stay-at-Home Financial Analyst (thanks to COVID)
From reading some of the posts here I was thinking that next time around I might try ordering, but if they can change the price on me by delaying delivery - that's a deal-killer for me.
Itā€™s going to depend on the dealer. Tri-City out of Eden gave me firm quotes (5%/6%/7% Under Invoice) in writing. I also get all rebates available to me at time of delivery. My price excludes TT&L, dealer fees (but they told me what they charge), and trade-in (also given a written range of value). I did have to give them a $1000 non-refundable deposit, which i considered a small price to pay for the price guarantees. Iā€™m as certain as Iā€™m gonna be purchasing, so the non-refundable part did not concern me.

I have seen anecdotally on this forum where members were allowed to order, and standard bs negotiations had to be made at delivery, but deposits were either refundable or not required. Iā€™m sure others have had/seen different actions from other dealers, as I donā€™t think there is a standard practice.

This is my first time ever (30+ years) buying a custom ordered vehicle. I donā€™t know if it can be this easy (Tri-City way) with other brands/manufacturer, but I wonā€™t be using the old-fashioned way in the future.

Thistle-twister

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Eco Diesel
Occupation
Professional Driver
I bought mine off the dealer lot for the deal I wanted so I have no experience with orders, but I've got to ask this: Is there not a price guarantee built into the contract when you order, so that available employee pricing would still apply regardless of delivery date?

If you order from Gupton Motors Springfield, Tn they will lock the price in.

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
6 weeks. ordered late August 2020 and received 1st week in Oct 2020
Sponsored