Sponsored

How long have you owned your Gladiator? Still Love it?

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
Since July 3rd, 2019. Love going where I see no Subaru's or Land Rovers, Wouldn't have it any other way either. 21,000 miles 11 BOH's 4.5's of lift on 37's, not one hiccup or rubber duck. I've changed the oil, and put a K&N air filter in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Summitsearcher

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Since July 3rd, 2019. Love going where I see no Subaru's or Land Rovers, Wouldn't have it any other way either. 21,000 miles 11 BOH's 4.5's of lift on 37's, not one hiccup or rubber duck. I've changed the oil, and put a K&N air filter in.
I would have to agree. Get out where nobody else is.

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I've had it since April 2020. I was still in love with it until I got a Tesla M3. Electrics have such a vast array of advantages, and Teslas on top of that do so much, that I just hate driving anything with gas engines or with less automation. I last fueled the Gladiator on 4/23, a few days before the Tesla arrived. Now it just sits.

JDawg11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubi Diesel
I am on my second Gladiator…had a launch edition with RIPP SC that gave me complete fits and nightmares. Wish I had never done it. So I ordered a new one in Feb…sarge green with Turbo Diesel. I absolutely couldn’t be any happier. I’m lifted with 37s running Banks and smiling like a Possum

ShaunMT

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
2021 Gladiator Rubicon... 8 months and 6000 miles... No warranty issues yet.

It does wander more than my 2010 JKU Islander or the 2017 JKU that I traded in, but airing the tires down has helped, otherwise I love it.

Next mod... Front bumper and winch!

Jeep Gladiator How long have you owned your Gladiator? Still Love it? PXL_20210403_235807283

Jeep Gladiator How long have you owned your Gladiator? Still Love it? PXL_20210403_235749292

Sponsored

betsy

First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 jk rubicon hard rock 2dr ,2020 jt gladiator
18 months, still love it, already went over the 36k basic warranty , my only want would probably be a diesel

Bacon_00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I sold my Gladiator last week for a couple of reasons:

1) I sold it for more than I paid for it (tax/title/fees included) due to the insane used car market.
2) Since COVID hit, I've transitioned to 100% remote work. Even with the restrictions lifting I won't be going back into the office regularly. So, the Jeep (which I intended to be my daily driver) sat in my garage and I occasionally took it out to run an errand. After over a year and a half, it had 4000 miles on it (it still had the new-car smell).

I'm pretty psyched to have netted $45k cash, but I can't help but dream about buying another one in the winter. A Rubicon Gladiator (preferably the 4xe if they ever officially announce it) is still my dream vehicle, but I'm not sure if there's too much validity in actually paying that kind of money for an expensive off-road truck given our new life situation. There are some much cheaper options out there that would be considerably more practical for what I need in a truck (which is, admittedly, not a lot).

While I owned it, though, I loved going out into the garage and seeing it parked there. I never really got over the "I love it" phase. I'd still look back at it when I went into a store and feel a strong sense of pride that it was mine. But, it just became increasingly impractical and I favored the money over that feeling of pride.

We'll see what happens in the winter. I'm lucky enough that we could afford another one without stretching the budget, it's more a matter of should we afford it.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
How did you sell it, and figure out a price to list? I have a Launch Edition, and it books out for a lot less than I paid, even though I got $7k off. I wonder if the more expensive/loaded trucks didn't gain as much? I'm considering selling since I'm just not driving it.

Snowcavemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Like a honeymoon that never ends. I look for places to go just to drive it!
I've had my Diesel Gladiator since January. With the lift and 37's, it drives better than new. I am impressed. The uconnect and my android don't get along all the time, other than that, best decision.
Sponsored