How reliable has your gladiator been?

Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
both batteries are two months old. I’m going to a car electrician for Jeeps tomorrow morning. I have replaced so much that the dealership said “it could be”. They just take ur money. They don’t know what the deal is. So frustrating
Stop replacing the stock junk with more stock junk. I’m not sure why but Jeep uses trash batteries. My Gladiator batteries were poop and my wife’s 2019 Cherokee batteries were both bad, too. I replaced my main with an Oddessy and the aux with a better one from Napa and all has been well for a year now. The wife traded her Cherokee in for a Wrangler a few months ago so not sure how long the warranty batteries from the dealer lasted… If her new Wrangler starts having any issues I’ll just replace the batteries myself. My time is worth more than the $200 I’ll spend on a good battery.
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
My Gladiator has gotten me stuck too many times. I need a more reliable vehicle to go where I should be able to go.

KWin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise, BMW 328I, Toyota Tacoma, Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Engineer
16k miles on my sport s max tow. at about 10kmiles spent 2 weeks in the shop for rockers, and timing chain replacement. was under warranty but Holy moly did I wish for a loaner car for 2 weeks... sorta ruined my stoke on the vehicle though its slowly returning.

Sponsored

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
93,000 miles and only issues have been
1- replaced steering box under warranty
2- passenger door open stop plastic piece broke. Replaced under warranty.
3- once on 4000 mile out west trip on 104+* F temps the AC stopped working (yes even on “auto “ setting). Pulled front grill and cleaned it with air and gentle water spray ( no I did not put an angry birds grill on there 😂).

other than that just oil changes, gear oil change and tire rotations (on second set of tires with half tread life remaining).

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
2021 Sport S, 2 years & 2 weeks old, over 49k miles, and no mechanical issues.
I had the radio replaced, but the replacement still does weird stuff.
Still starts every time, goes wherever I want.

Kevin

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Stop replacing the stock junk with more stock junk. I’m not sure why but Jeep uses trash batteries. My Gladiator batteries were poop and my wife’s 2019 Cherokee batteries were both bad, too. I replaced my main with an Oddessy and the aux with a better one from Napa and all has been well for a year now.
Yeah, maybe you aren't sure why, but you have an idea why - you know
in the back of your mind why they aren't using the best batteries they could buy.

I agree that if a person is wanting to get out of the cycle and is ok spending the money and doing the battery thing themselves, go not to the dealer to buy batteries, but to NAPA, etc. like you did. Great batteries.

I had the radio replaced, but the replacement still does weird stuff.
I figure that's ok, I do weird stuff, too......

I posted how my 2022 has acted 3 times now over almost 3 months and over 5,000 miles on a fakebook page where a few who work on or have worked on cars and trucks hang out.
Instead of any ideas, one popped back with I should know better than to buy chrysler crap and how bad they were and so on - really? That's the response?
I was pissed, showed him the results of CR and JT reliability, and told him my first one was very trouble-free, and then said "I guess I need to hit a site where there are real techs who are professionals and troubleshooters, thanks anyway" sort of thing.
This truck is fine - that issue is annoying as heck, and yes, could be an indicator of larger things, but it's reliable over-all, it's never left me stranded, and it comes out of the misfires in seconds, a minute tops. They all have their little foibles.

zxd9

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Granite Crystal
Occupation
Software Engineer
2021 Mojave 26k miles. Only issues have been heat not always coming out on driver and passenger sides and just replaced the right rear axle for seal leak. Otherwise been a great vehicle. Even as a highway mile eater I enjoy it.

Sponsored

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Sport S purchased new in Aug 2019. 32k miles. only issues so far:
goofy radio/clock and sun visors broke (fixed with Tacom things)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
No and no.
Whether or not a 37 will fit under the truck is a matter of "maybe".
Not all 37s are the same actual size - just like not all 33s are the same size. The tires people call 33s on the Rubicon are 32.8", and some barely that.
The stock Overland tire is called a 32 and the stock Rubicon A/T is called a 33 and yet there's only about .6" difference between the two, meaning only about 1/4" difference center to outside when trying to fit them into the spare position.

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
Whether or not a 37 will fit under the truck is a matter of "maybe".
Not all 37s are the same actual size - just like not all 33s are the same size. The tires people call 33s on the Rubicon are 32.8", and some barely that.
The stock Overland tire is called a 32 and the stock Rubicon A/T is called a 33 and yet there's only about .6" difference between the two, meaning only about 1/4" difference center to outside when trying to fit them into the spare position.
Hear you, but he stated the 37 ko2 (which in real life is like 35.4) They can only fit under the truck with some modification and not fully inflated and will rub on the rubi in proper off road, when fully articulated and turning.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hear you, but he stated the 37 ko2 (which in real life is like 35.4) They can only fit under the truck with some modification and not fully inflated and will rub on the rubi in proper off road, when fully articulated and turning.
I guess I didn't say properly I was referring to the spare tire location.
Yeah, mounted on the 4 corners, and articulating, it would be sketchy.
Sponsored