Sponsored

Launch Edition Gladiator has been delivered!

P90Ed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Launch Edition, 2011 JKU Rubicon
I stand corrected then! Congrats! My Firecracker Red is on a truck between OH and NJ right now.
Sponsored

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I agree that it seems like Jeep really didn't put much thought in to the LE's.

First off, the LE's weren't the first Gladiators delivered to customers, negating the whole "launch" part.
Second, the 3 differences are quite laughable. Black wheels like the JL Moab, stitched dash from a Sahara, and a $2 badge (a lot of Jeep owners remove all badges anyway).

I love Jeep, but they had the chance to do something awesome here and completely blew it.

OP
OP
Brandon W. Snyder

Brandon W. Snyder

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be: Gladiator Launch Edition, Rubicon Recon, 02 Wrangler
Occupation
Law Enforcement (Deputy) Veteran
I agree that it seems like Jeep really didn't put much thought in to the LE's.

First off, the LE's weren't the first Gladiators delivered to customers, negating the whole "launch" part.
Second, the 3 differences are quite laughable. Black wheels like the JL Moab, stitched dash from a Sahara, and a $2 badge (a lot of Jeep owners remove all badges anyway).

I love Jeep, but they had the chance to do something awesome here and completely blew it.
1: LE’s weren’t intended to be the first delivered. Again, it’s a commemorative model.
2: Of all the Wranglers I’ve owned, this interior is quite complex. I think it screams jeep heritage and was completely thought out. Best yet imo. As far as it being similar to a Sahara?...a little, but historically Jeep as always had Sahara touches in Rubicon models.
3. $2 badge or not, it’s staying on mine. I’ve never understood why people de-badge...unless it’s mall rated!
4. Let’s be real here, it’s a Jeep....Not a Land Rover. For a Jeep, it’s perfect! Jeep nailed it.

MyToad

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
I finished LE order on 4/5, Firecracker Red, Going to AZ. Still D status as of today VIN# 113762

Rover_boy

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
1: LE’s weren’t intended to be the first delivered. Again, it’s a commemorative model.
2: Of all the Wranglers I’ve owned, this interior is quite complex. I think it screams jeep heritage and was completely thought out. Best yet imo. As far as it being similar to a Sahara?...a little, but historically Jeep as always had Sahara touches in Rubicon models.
3. $2 badge or not, it’s staying on mine. I’ve never understood why people de-badge...unless it’s mall rated!
4. Let’s be real here, it’s a Jeep....Not a Land Rover. For a Jeep, it’s perfect! Jeep nailed it.
I agree with you for the most part, except 2 things, 1. for Jeep not clarifying the availability of launch edition. Like everybody else, I thought first order, first received. 2. the badge "one of 4190" again no clarification, I expected these 4190 will be numbered. Well I thought wrong.. did I regret my choice? not on the truck but almost on the LE. Oh well, live and learn.... But the best part that makes it all ok!!!! its on the train heading to CA and should arrive next week. :like:

Sponsored

Pion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator LE, '17 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Principal
Yeah, I just went through a couple Doug DeMuro car reviews and the Enzo Ferrari just had a 399 on the plate (supposedly the 400th went to the pope), but no indicator of specific number (they likely made more than 400). His McLaren Senna video did have individual numbering and in that video he describes how some companies just have the 1 of X on the plate like the Gladiator (and Ferrari I guess).

Rover_boy

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Son of a biscuit!!! just got a call from my dealer that my LE will be delayed for 2-3 additional days..... This week and a half will be SO LONG!!!! first world problem.....

BSingleton

First Name
Brian Singleton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep LE Gladiator (ordered) 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT
It was my understanding (from another forum) that Billet Silver LEs were going to be later production. Not sure why as my dealer had a Billet Silver JT Rubi in the showroom and it was in the process of being sold.
My Billet Silver LE was shipped on the rail this morning.

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
Literally the only difference int eh LE is the tires, Badge and Dash. Just like you can upgrade to a MOAB edition form ebay you can do the same for the LE.
Seems like the Gladiator LE were just a cash grab. Tesla did the same thing with their Model 3. Initially, only the most expensive trims of the Model 3 were offered to ensure early profits and to keep the cog moving. The most expensive trim of any car is the most profitable for automakers.

4190 LEs sold earned Jeep 1/4 $ Billion gross.

Rover_boy

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Seems like the Gladiator LE were just a cash grab. Tesla did the same thing with their Model 3. Initially, only the most expensive trims of the Model 3 were offered to ensure early profits and to keep the cog moving. The most expensive trim of any car is the most profitable for automakers.

4190 LEs sold earned Jeep 1/4 $ Billion gross.
in one day... so they say.... ;)

Sponsored

JTwillys98

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
48 Willys truck, 2007 grand Cherokee, 2020 Gladiator launch Edition
It was my understanding (from another forum) that Billet Silver LEs were going to be later production. Not sure why as my dealer had a Billet Silver JT Rubi in the showroom and it was in the process of being sold.
My billet silver LE was in paint status as of Friday.

Gtlamans

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Just received an email about LE silver window sticker that is inbound to Nevada.

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
Couple notes: I know we know this, but no rubber floor mats that I could see, or trailer brake controller. I know there has been speculative hope for these on this.
I just ordered a Rubicon with splash mats. Now, the metal front bumper was not a choice nor was the cold weather package. No one my salesman talked to could tell him why they could be configured on Jeep's website, but not on the actual ordering site.

pcwilson

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL and Gladiator
Occupation
Plastic Surgeon
Has anyone with an LE placed an aftermarket bumper with bull bar? I’m dying to find out if it makes the front camera worthless.
Sponsored