Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee
@Jimmy07

That 20 foot coax, is that the only plug going to the camera? My JTR is still being built and I'm considering relocating the camera to accommodate a bumper with a winch hoop.

Or put another way, what connectors/cables am I looking for to make an extension for the camera? I can splice the washer hose pretty easily.
You would use a fakra Z male to female cable for an extension to the factory connection- https://www.amazon.com/Bingfu-Exten...1606057901&sprefix=fakra+z+&sr=8-3&th=1&psc=1
Sponsored

BryantJT

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 TJ Rubicon, 2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Planner
Thanks Jimmy!

garzilla

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Software Engineer
Another reason for me to upgrade to the 8.4" unit from the 7"...

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
Very awesome write up. Now if someone would just run out and do up a little video like the one for the proximity lock upgrade. lol

av8or

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland ecodiesel (wifes)
Occupation
sentient livestock transport
i'm almost afraid to ask what the total cost is to put all this stuff in, my wifes 21 diesel gladiator overland (with most upgrades like 8.4 nav headunit, except led's) or just live with lower quality tazer front cam

Sponsored

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
i'm almost afraid to ask what the total cost is to put all this stuff in, my wifes 21 diesel gladiator overland (with most upgrades like 8.4 nav headunit, except led's) or just live with lower quality tazer front cam
I have this for mine, it is close, but not every little item...
...I'm actually considering using the RAM CVPM which might allow the extra mirror cameras even though the listed CVPM has the 2 additional inputs...

Attachments

av8or

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland ecodiesel (wifes)
Occupation
sentient livestock transport
I have this for mine, it is close, but not every little item...
...I'm actually considering using the RAM CVPM which might allow the extra mirror cameras even though the listed CVPM has the 2 additional inputs...
sweet fancy moses, yeah i think we'll stick with the z-automotive one IF wife thinks she might want it

Commando1

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willy’s ecodiesel
Occupation
Clinical hypnotist / inventor
I figured I’d start a new writeup for the integrated trail camera system, so everything is in the first couple of posts, and I’ll edit these initial posts as needed if new/updated info comes along. I realize some of this is redundant, but it will all be in one spot instead of spread out through several pages.

To get the factory front trail camera and washer to work, it is an entire system that consists of: front trail cam, washer parts and pump, CVPM (central vision processing module), wiring, software to tell the BCM to use the system, and rear camera (no, you can not use your existing rear camera). The CVPM is the centerpiece of the system, and processes the camera images, sends them to the display, and sends the wash command. It needs a connector (which won’t be present) that supplies ignition power, ground, and wiring to the CAN IHS block to bring it online. It receives the front and rear camera inputs via coax cable, and sends the images to the display via coax cable. It’s location is on the back wall, behind the subwoofer (if equipped). Here’s a few images of it I grabbed from the other thread. Note the location of the CAN IHS junction block that the CVPM will connect to-

FgUPIXe.jpg
EDMYuef.jpg
0bJNgKJ.jpg

Here’s the list of all the OEM parts needed. If I missed any, let me know, and I will update the list as needed:

Front camera- 68436466AA
Front camera bracket- 68396626AB
(2) Camera bracket nut- 06510197AA
(2) camera bracket screw- 68090949AA
Camera grille section- 6QN24RXFAC
CVPM- 68329740AE
(2) CVPM bolts- 06104378AA
(2) CVPM snap nut- 06506955AA
Camera washer hose- 68370828AA
Camera washer nozzle- 68370210AA
Washer nozzle elbow- 68370825AA
Washer Pump- 68310928AA
There is a different part number for the washer pump jumper harness, but I don’t think it’s necessary since the wiring is the same except for one different colored wire. @bryanklay will confirm, and I’ll update this.
Rear camera:
Gator- 6NN98VGVAD
White- 6NN98GW7AD
Granite Chrystal- 6NN98LAUAD
Gobi- 6NN98RUAAD
Red- 6NN98MRCAD
Sting gray- 6NN98PDNAD
Black- 6NN98DX8AD
Billet silver- 6NN98JSCAD
Hydro blue- 6NN98MBJAD
Punkn- 6NN98SE4AD
Would this work the same on the
2021 Willy’s ecodiesel?
and if one (ME) wanted a wiring harness from you for this build how much would that go for?

I’m going with an AEV snorkel for my overland build, and am going to have to fab up something for the diesel air box, and yes I know it’s like dividing by zero and hasn’t been done… Yet.😉

I’m going with an AEV RX bumper that relocates the factory forward camera to the brush bar, and I really want a forward camera and the hood lock set up.
Any help would be grand, thanx.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
@Jimmy07 have you considered "kitting" this? Even if you did it build to order. You supply all parts, build harnesses, make it as plug and play as possible, and sell it charging for all time and parts? I'd be interested.

OP
OP

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee
@Jimmy07 have you considered "kitting" this? Even if you did it build to order. You supply all parts, build harnesses, make it as plug and play as possible, and sell it charging for all time and parts? I'd be interested.
I do offer to build the custom CVPM harness for anyone not comfortable doing it themselves, as I already do that for the Rams, but I won’t offer a full kit. It’s just an unnecessary added cost to the end user, because anybody can source the parts the same as I would, except I would have to upcharge for my time sourcing the parts, shipping to me, shipping to you, etc, whereas you can go straight to the source. That’s why I’m not a big fan of the overpriced Nismopar kits. Bamwholesale is usually the cheapest for mopar parts.

Sponsored

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
DAMN. Too much work just to read this write up. I'll just look out the window, ha ha!

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
I ordered a pre-made harness from Jimmy. This install looks to be involved but straight forward. For me the worst part is interior panel removal and clips breaking. I don't plan on starting the install till the new year but when I do, I will take some pics and video.

I was kind of bummed that the truck doesn't have this option but thank goodness this forum exists. I would never have attempted to figure this out myself and am very happy other forum users took the plunge.

Chilli

First Name
Wolfgang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLADIATOR RUBICON
Occupation
RETIRED
This is fantastic.
You guys really take this site to a new level.

Major thanks

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Very impressive writeup !
Made my brain hurt. Unfortunately, at the end of the day, much less a week it’s pretty numb. Are you selling a kit?
Sponsored