First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
@Trippin01 I’m going to purchase replacements next week once I get back from our camping trip.
Heck of a week for me with Jeep parts.

1. Received my bed rack and when unboxing on Tuesday, parts were missing. It’s suppose to be a two box shipment and I received one. I should have the rest by Wednesday.

2. Lights stolen

3. Today, my tire shop was suppose to install my 37” spare but the wheel speed sensor wasn’t working so I went to the dealer….

4. dealer didn’t have speed sensor in stock nor the cowl bolts.
Sponsored

Cripton805

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Let me guess... CA?

This place is a safe haven for thieves and criminals in general. Within the last 3 years it's been far worse. People just walk into stores and steal without hiding it at this point. Steal in broad daylight. Same day release from jail with absolutely zero consequences... Because the humanitarian effort to label them as victims of the "system".

There was a local guy that got caught 3x stealing cars on the same day. Same day releases.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
how do you remove these to do any work of your own?
I’ve been looking at two-pin, security torx, etc not sure what is least likely to be stolen... probably one of those things will keep them from being stolen easily but nothing prevents a deterred thief.
These obviously would make things harder but I wouldn’t want to have to drill them out to replace a cowl light or something

OP
OP
DeezJT

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
I just purchased McMaster bolts and locks. It’s stainless steel so it will stand out. Replacing the whole setup next week, and purchased security bolts for my rear Rigid lights/front floods.

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Let me guess... CA?

This place is a safe haven for thieves and criminals in general. Within the last 3 years it's been far worse. People just walk into stores and steal without hiding it at this point. Steal in broad daylight. Same day release from jail with absolutely zero consequences... Because the humanitarian effort to label them as victims of the "system".

There was a local guy that got caught 3x stealing cars on the same day. Same day releases.
i dont see the problem with this. All we’re talking about is property. What would you rather? Have someone incarcerated just because they took some object? Given how many kids dont have parents on account of incarceration already as it is? How can someone take care of family members if they are in jail?

its just stuff.....and we need to be more people focused and less property focused as a society

I am, of course, kidding. But this is the kind of BS you hear from criminal apologists.....

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
how do you remove these to do any work of your own?
I’ve been looking at two-pin, security torx, etc not sure what is least likely to be stolen... probably one of those things will keep them from being stolen easily but nothing prevents a deterred thief.
These obviously would make things harder but I wouldn’t want to have to drill them out to replace a cowl light or something
They have removal tools below. More for something that you don't take off offen.
https://www.zoro.com/search?q=One wzy crew remover

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
i dont see the problem with this. All we’re talking about is property. What would you rather? Have someone incarcerated just because they took some object? Given how many kids dont have parents on account of incarceration already as it is? How can someone take care of family members if they are in jail?

its just stuff.....and we need to be more people focused and less property focused as a society

I am, of course, kidding. But this is the kind of BS you hear from criminal apologists.....
Take their hand....send them the medical bill for the amputation.

China bills the family for the bullet when they execute someone....they get some thing wright over there.

Sponsored

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
...... But this is the kind of BS you hear from criminal apologists.....
And also the illuminati, genius-types from DC and Maryland...

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
Take their hand....send them the medical bill for the amputation.

China bills the family for the bullet when they execute someone....they get some thing wright over there.
I will have to agreed here. I been living here in the SF Bay Area since early 90s and it's out of control now. My car/truck had been broken into twice.
Don't we all goes to works is to pay for bills and properties? If it's ok the thieves to take stuffs than why are we still locking our house doors.

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
I've got a dashcam that is wired to the battery, records even when the truck is off. Doesn't stop the theft but it could be a deterrent if they notice it. Or it can help with police paperwork or insurance. Just my $.02
I am looking for one of those, do you happen to have a link to yours?

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
NY back in the 90s stereo theft and car theft was a daily thing so people would reinstall the stereos with razer blades on all the wires in the dash.

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
Let me guess... CA?

God don't say anything bad about Cali...I got locked from a thread by a mod for doing that.
Sponsored