Sponsored

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
The limited availability of Gecko Green was the only reason I decided to buy a Gladiator. That sucks that they are making it available again.
Wasn't my primary reason for going with Gecko but I did like the idea of it being very limited. I imagine it'll still be pretty limited even if it is offered in MY22. Everyone I know thought I was crazy to go with Gecko when I ordered it. Most people I know have a WTF expression on their face the 1st, 2nd, 3rd time they see it. Out of everyone I know, I'm the only one that would ever actually order Gecko and I expect that holds true for most people.

Most everyone loves it after the initial shock wears off but Gecko's a big leap for most people to take with a $40-65k mid-size pickup. The white F150 crowd still probably wonders WTF is wrong with me.
Sponsored

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2021 BMW M2, 2012 Monster 1100evo
Occupation
Business Intelligence
this is so disappointing if true I went with a sarge because they told me they wouldn't be doing gobi again and now this. I hope this article is fake.
I was also told no Gobi when I ordered my 22 Mojave in October. I ended up going hydro blue instead.

I don't know how much stock I'd put in articles like this. From my experience they are typically very poorly researched, since they pumped out so often by these writers.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
I was also told no Gobi when I ordered my 22 Mojave in October. I ended up going hydro blue instead.

I don't know how much stock I'd put in articles like this. From my experience they are typically very poorly researched, since they pumped out so often by these writers.
If you don't believe the article here is the 2022 Fleet Guide. Pretty much says everything that's in the article.

2022 Jeep Gladiator Fleet Guide

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S

Sponsored

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
If these guides are real... I want to know when gobi/gecko/yellow will be available? I'll hold off on ordering my Sport Altitude

antwon412

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, JT Mojave
I am so disappointed that gecko is available again. It is my number one color choice. But I decided to order a week after it stopped being available and went with Hydro blue. And now I would have to restart the whole process again.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am so disappointed that gecko is available again. It is my number one color choice. But I decided to order a week after it stopped being available and went with Hydro blue. And now I would have to restart the whole process again.
Nothing for 2022 is even scheduled yet so not like you would be stepping that far back if you decided to wait.

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Ed
Gecko is not available again though, right? At best there is evidence that it will become available sometime during the MY22 run.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gecko is not available again though, right? At best there is evidence that it will become available sometime during the MY22 run.
Not currently available to order at this point. But it is shown in the 2022 fleet guide So it may come back. Nothing is guaranteed. They have been known to change things up at the drop of a hat. Who knows when that fleet guide was actually printed. The might have originally planned to roll Gecko right into 2022 with no pause.

Sponsored

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Not currently available to order at this point. But it is shown in the 2022 fleet guide So it may come back. Nothing is guaranteed. They have been known to change things up at the drop of a hat. Who knows when that fleet guide was actually printed. The might have originally planned to roll Gecko right into 2022 with no pause.
lol that's a good point. Earl was originally supposed to be for MY21.

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee , 2021 JTMojave (punjabi), 22 gobiator
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
Are you going to let the dealer keep the blue gladiator and eat the deposit?

kperez4446

First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler unlimited 2014
yeah my vin has already been created so its too late to look back now I would have 100% gone gobi

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
yeah my vin has already been created so its too late to look back now I would have 100% gone gobi
It wouldn't surprise me One Bit if Gobi is the last of the limited colors to be available, so you will be able to enjoy your ride for a good long while before we can even order -
Sponsored