Sponsored

I wonder if Bikini color will be on the Gladiator one day?

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
The good old days when simple truth was unapologetically beautifulness.

69267bec1e6b97e6073a22a94e2f6409.jpg

126f8681c46754e1fdbe5c664add49cb--pin-ups-pinup-girls.jpg

RG4943.jpg
Ah . . . memories of a childhood gone astray . . . belated thanks to my wannabe step-pop 15 years after the horrible memories of his European WWII days. Images and playing cards such as these were common around the Friday evening Dining table when coffee and cake were served and the poker chips and schnaps stated, "game on" ! Of course I was a mere lad - to be seen and not heard ! Another memory awoken, thanks.
Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I was thinking more of a tattoo for the wife of me sitting on the hood of an old jeep wearing 70's short shorts and cut off tank top. haha
JESUS . . . NOW I CAN NOT, FOR THE LIFE OF ME, GET THAT IMAGE OUT OF MY MIND . . .how am I supposed to get some sleep tonight ? :swear: :giggle: :headbang:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Ah . . . memories of a childhood gone astray . . . belated thanks to my wannabe step-pop 15 years after the horrible memories of his European WWII days. Images and playing cards such as these were common around the Friday evening Dining table when coffee and cake were served and the poker chips and schnaps stated, "game on" ! Of course I was a mere lad - to be seen and not heard ! Another memory awoken, thanks.
Jezynowka?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Nice pants but silly photo. "normally I wear a bra but take the straps off when I'm just standing around." #tuck those in photographer

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nice pants but silly photo. "normally I wear a bra but take the straps off when I'm just standing around." #tuck those in photographer
Stared so keenly with my binoculars on those "pants" that I noticed she missed a loop . . . my imagination immediately ran "wild" . . . with playing card thoughts ! :lipssealed: :champagne: :LOL:.

Merman Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
That color should come with a care package that has three bottles of nail polish, hair clips, a thong, and a bottle of Jeep fragrance. There's no way FCA will use that on a pickup truck. A sheet of plywood would jump out of the bed and commit suicide.
It’s just a color, dude. Chill. It wasn’t that long ago that boys were dressed in pink and girls in blue. If my local dealer had a Rubicon Gladiator in Bikini Pearl, I’d write them a check today!

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
If you've seen the JL production line videos, only the frame is run through the paint room. Doors, grilles, fenders, and color match tops come from storage racks (and painted elsewhere). Think the logistics of handling more than a dozen or so colors for a given model year could be a challenge. Probably a similar reason they don't drop all of the JT colors on day 1. Build a whole bunch of parts in 4 colors, then swap to other colors later.

This is the correct answer. They get parts colored by their suppliers and they have to have paint match across a lot of different materials. There are also physical limitations on how many colors they can spray. The old factory could only spray 9. I am sure the re-tooled factory can spray more.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
It’s just a color, dude. Chill. It wasn’t that long ago that boys were dressed in pink and girls in blue. If my local dealer had a Rubicon Gladiator in Bikini Pearl, I’d write them a check today!
Girls haven't worn blue and boys haven't worn pink in my lifetime, and I'm not exactly young anymore.

And, it's not "just a color". It's an expression of personality and character, much like the clothing you'd choose to wear if you were going to a job interview. Contrary to the old popular phrase, the cover of a book is precisely supposed to let you know what's on the inside.

Paint colors on a vehicle should match the mission and purpose of that vehicle. Bikini Pearl is what you'd expect to see at Victoria's Secret, not a Jeep dealership.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Hahaha what?! Except for things like camouflage and heat retention, how does a color reflect the mission and purpose? Also, what is the mission and purpose of most jeeps vs how they are actually used? Asking for a friend.

Pion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator LE, '17 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Principal
Maybe if they offered the other colors at the start they'd have higher interest. I'm not a terribly color driven person (meaning I'd rather have the Jeep now than later with a particular color), but I do know that I wouldn't have gotten silver if the late availability colors could be ordered at launch.

Krazy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 310gs
Girls haven't worn blue and boys haven't worn pink in my lifetime, and I'm not exactly young anymore.

And, it's not "just a color". It's an expression of personality and character, much like the clothing you'd choose to wear if you were going to a job interview. Contrary to the old popular phrase, the cover of a book is precisely supposed to let you know what's on the inside.

Paint colors on a vehicle should match the mission and purpose of that vehicle. Bikini Pearl is what you'd expect to see at Victoria's Secret, not a Jeep dealership.
What if the jeep dealership is by a beach? Your mission could be surfing.
Sponsored