Sponsored

If you could do it over - What would you change?

IamWardicus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently Driving: Sport S Max Tow Gladiator in Sting-Gray
Occupation
Management in a retail setting
As the title says - If you could redo your purchase - what would you change?

To answer my own question - I wish I would have gotten the Diesel. Strictly for the torque and economy. I'm not unhappy with the V6 gasser (Livernois has a great tune!), however with the Banks tuner or potential upcoming tune from GDE I wish I would have gotten my truck with the different power plant.

How about you?
Sponsored

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I actually DID do it over again.

Changed - color, radio and proximity sensors.

Tried to go pretty basic the first time and regretted a few options I left off. And I hated the silver pretty quickly.

So now? Nothing. I love my setup. and will keep going.

119237536_10218646513377073_6023445978706464257_n.jpeg

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Soft top and Selec-Trac. Also no Premium Audio group. Missed the order window for Nacho by a few days. The one I got was as close to everything I wanted that I could find.

colindo

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Overland
I probably would've gone Mojave. I got a good deal on an Overland that had all the options I wanted except the bed power outlet in December 2019 before the Mojave came out.

antwon412

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, JT Mojave
Decide to buy one a week earlier so I could get Gecko.
Happy Hydro Blue is still available though as it was by second choice.

Now I can’t even get any dealers to order a 2022 for me. Or even respond half the time.

Sponsored

u-joint

First Name
Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Yes
Soft top and Selec-Trac. Also no Premium Audio group. Missed the order window for Nacho by a few days. The one I got was as close to everything I wanted that I could find.
Likewise.

I wasn't even looking to purchase until April, and by then Nacho orders had been closed for a couple of months.

Thankfully I found almost exactly what I wanted on the lot of a dealer about 100 miles from home. I got a couple of extras I probably wouldn't have purchased (LED lights & upgraded rims), but I also was missing two options I wanted. Namely the full time 4WD and the trail-rail management system package. The later solely for the under the rear seat storage.

All things considered I'm extremely happy, and regret nothing. If fact, the "extras" (rims & LED headlights) have grown on me, and while I wouldn't have purchased them originally I can't imagine not having them now. As for the missing stuff, well I can always add under seat storage management, and the full-time 4WD was more of a "nice to have" thing, especially if I was factory ordering.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
I got basically every option except the bed outlet, heated seats, proximity door locks and aux switches. If I could do it over again I'd go aux switches for sure as any good option after is way more than 400 bucks. Also I'd probably go diesel for the torque and power.

Options I didn't think I'd need or really use but ended up loving are the front camera (I end up going first on a lot of obstacles because of it so I can spot for others), auto cruise control (seriously the best option ever for me since I basically constantly use cruise control), proximity locks I added and the trail rail bed kit for tie downs.

Reactions: N83

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
Maybe add the diesel… but with some of the issues there I’m not 100% sold. Outside of power plant I think I got everything I would have wanted. Helps that the LE’s have almost every option possible 😂

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Likewise.

I wasn't even looking to purchase until April, and by then Nacho orders had been closed for a couple of months.

Thankfully I found almost exactly what I wanted on the lot of a dealer about 100 miles from home. I got a couple of extras I probably wouldn't have purchased (LED lights & upgraded rims), but I also was missing two options I wanted. Namely the full time 4WD and the trail-rail management system package. The later solely for the under the rear seat storage.

All things considered I'm extremely happy, and regret nothing. If fact, the "extras" (rims & LED headlights) have grown on me, and while I wouldn't have purchased them originally I can't imagine not having them now. As for the missing stuff, well I can always add under seat storage management, and the full-time 4WD was more of a "nice to have" thing, especially if I was factory ordering.
It was a weird chain of events for me. Had a 2019 Sting Gray Grand Cherokee. Wasn't looking to purchase anything until the Bronco went up for order. Got wind that they brought back Chief Blue for the Wrangler. My absolute favorite color. Ordered a 2017 Chief Blue Big Bear 2 door. Deal fell through and I walked. So I contacted my dealer to order a 2021 Chief Willys and found out order banks had closed a week before.

My interest in Gladiators was also stirred again and found out Nacho was available. Again contacted my dealer and missed it by two days. So I went ahead and ordered a Sting Gray Sport S with everything I wanted. Before it came in my dealer got in the Nacho Willys I have now. Everything I ordered except Selec-Trac. And it had Premium Audio which I really didn't want. But I accepted it to get a color I really wanted.

My desire for a soft top just came recently after test driving a soft top Bronco. Yeah I could always by a soft top. But they are spendy and I don't have anywhere to store my hard top.

Sponsored

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
I wanted the 8.4" radio and steel front bumper (that requires the LED package) but could not justify the price. Around $4,500 for just those 2 options.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Add steel bumpers and front camera (if able to).
Z automotive has a front camera option.
I ordered mine, so happy with the result.

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
when I purchased in June 2019 not many options in Canada and so I pulled the pin on an Overland with all the options I wanted except for color.....would gladly opt for a Rubi next time with same options.....and color (would definitely pick something better suited to me)

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
Even though I am close to rubicon (minus lockers). I would have maybe opted for the rubicon with a couple of the features I did not get. (cold weather, 8.4, led package, etc), and now that there are greens out, I would get green. Green is my favorite color in general for anything. I do love my Gobi though.

Montana_Wildcat

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ram Power Wagon
Occupation
#BBN #RaiderNation
Bought mine off the lot and it was the only 6-speed Mojave within 1000 miles of me, so there isn't much I could have done differently other than order and wait. I'm extremely happy with it, but IF I could have exactly what I wanted, I would have just added the proximity button door locks and front trail cam. Otherwise, it's perfect for me.
Sponsored