Sponsored

If you could do it over - What would you change?

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
I wanted the diesel, but I’d likely stay the same. Got the overland loaded with essentially every option I wanted.
I’d then lean rubicon, but honestly unless you are mostly leaving it alone it’s cheaper to stay sport or overland. I would have swapped out tires and suspension regardless so there goes that. While the rubicon has lockers and a 4.10, I’d likely still go 4.88. Since I’m going 4.88 anyway they can add the lockers and I’m in for about $3k extra.
It’s ultimately less expensive to be at my trim and just make the swaps.
Sponsored

-miko-

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon, Tundra, Nissan NV, '21 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Designer
I did have a chance to do it all over, trading in a 2020 for a 2021. I kept everything the same except...

- Auto to replace the manual trans
- Max Tow to get the 4.10 gears in a base sport
- Factory auxiliary switches!

Motoarch

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Occupation
Architect
Probably would have gotten the led package and a manual transmission.

Wife convinced me I had to get an auto so she could drive it. She never has.

I've never seen the need for the LEDs, conventional halogens have always been fi e for me. Not on this truck. They suck.

Otherwise I wouldn't change anything else.

Caspien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 GC Trailhawk
Occupation
I.T. Architect
While I've added pretty much everything I wanted to add, at this point, there are a few things I would have done differently:

1.) I would have gotten the steel bumpers out of the gate. (cheaper than buying after the fact)
2.) I would have gotten the front camera. (Hilariously, not even just for trails... with all of the friggen angled parking, around here, people can't ever quite determine where their spot ends and mine starts... so I'd be nice to get an up close look while parking)
3.) Probably would have gotten the hard Tonneau, instead of the soft one after the fact. (Puddles on the soft tonneau are making me twitchy)
4.) Selec-trac would have been nice to have.
5.) 35s and Factory 2" lift out of the gate. As it is, I'll add those later, but it's easier to to have it all done, up front.
6.) While I love my Gladiator, I'm still not 100% sold on the Firecracker red. It's definitely grown on me, but would have preferred a Gecko, or Hydro blue one... May have even gone with Grey.

All in all, I don't' really have any complaints, just little nuances that I may have had done, before the purchase. *shrug*

~ Casp

Sponsored

Deleted member 43264

If I had it to do all over again...now as much as I love my Willys, I probably would've gone with a Sport or Sport S with a lot less tech. No power doors, windows, mirrors and such so that way removing the doors and worrying about the connector/bent pin thing wouldn't be an issue with me. I definitely would keep the sound system though along with the 8.4" Uconnect 4 (what I have now). I also would've gone with a rag top rather than the Freedom Top, would have added the Gorilla Glass, max tow, steel bumpers, LED lights and as for color, as much I love my Sting Gray, would've loved to have had Gobi.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I was torn between the Punk'n Rubicon and my Gat'r Overland. Sometimes I do kick myself...

Undecided

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S w/ Max Tow!
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Thanks to all here on the forum there's not much I would change. I was able to get a lot of information and feedback and got the trim that made sense for me.

If I could re do it
-I want the Punk'n. Wasn't available for 2021. I wanted a bright stand out color. Orange is my favorite color. No other color offered at order time I was in love with. Went with Sting Gray for the flat paint and orange accents looks nice so I am content with that. Maybe like 5yrs from now I'll wrap it to get that color.

-factory Aux switches. I didn't order because I do not have mod plans that would need them. still don't honestly. but feel like it was a missed chance just in case. I do like that extra cubby space without them though.

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr JKRX, Navigator L, 63 Impala SS, Lexus CT200h
I was kinda wishing I had the LED headlights/turn signals but given how much winter driving we do I don't know they'd be able to keep up with ice forming. Apparently I'm the only one that doesn't have an issue with the stock headlights. In the city there's enough street lights, and out in the desert it's so dark that any light works well.

The main option I wish I had was the factory switches simply to avoid the hassle of installing them myself. Everything else is perfect.

KC_H

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Would have preferred a V8 instead of V6, but works fine for most situations...

Sponsored

jcarbs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tahoe
The only thing I wish mine had was the front camera and heated seats, great for the lower back. But then I didn't want to spend the additional dollars to get the 8.4 radio for the front camera option. No regrets thought, love my gladiator.

MyRight

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Freedom, 2003 Grand Cherokee Laredo
Wish I could have bought a diesel, but I bought my Freedom out of desperation, as I was in need of a vehicle right away.

Without any previous research or knowledge of the JT, I ended up getting most everything I wanted with this model.
I am thankful it was equipped with the steel bumpers, leather interior and LED lighting.

I was originally in the market for a Wrangler, but the dealer didn't quite have what I was looking for and I didn't want to settle for a base model with no options.

This is my main mode of transportation for some time to come, so it won't be going off road much.
I don't have plans to go crazy on upgrades until another daily driver comes along.

Montana_Wildcat

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ram Power Wagon
Occupation
#BBN #RaiderNation
I was kinda wishing I had the LED headlights/turn signals but given how much winter driving we do I don't know they'd be able to keep up with ice forming. Apparently I'm the only one that doesn't have an issue with the stock headlights. In the city there's enough street lights, and out in the desert it's so dark that any light works well.

The main option I wish I had was the factory switches simply to avoid the hassle of installing them myself. Everything else is perfect.
I actually like the look of the halogens better than the LED's. Seems more traditional "Jeep" than the LED's. They are on the dim side, but the bulbs can be changed.
Sponsored