Sponsored

If you could pick the hood, standard Sport style, Rubicon or Mojave?

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
I bought a used JT Rubicon, smoking deal. Otherwise I would own a Sport S and do upgrades in time. I would have wanted a Rubicon style hood eventually. I have seen on these threads from time to time folks swapping hoods. While I do think the Mojave hood looks nice... it looks too much Tacoma ish to me. The Rubicon hood looks nice and not as common style on other makes.

What say yous?
Sponsored

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
I like the Rubicon hood. Why? Because I have a Rubicon! :CWL:

But, If I had a Sport, Willys, or Overland, and was doing a hood swap, I would also pick the Rubicon hood.
Why? Simple hood swap. If swapping to the Mojave hood, I'm pretty sure you would have to change out the whole cowl and panels. The Mojave hood is taller.

Sponsored

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
I like the Rubicon hood. The Mojave one is not bad at all either.

Sponsored

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
I bought a used JT Rubicon, smoking deal. Otherwise I would own a Sport S and do upgrades in time. I would have wanted a Rubicon style hood eventually. I have seen on these threads from time to time folks swapping hoods. While I do think the Mojave hood looks nice... it looks too much Tacoma ish to me. The Rubicon hood looks nice and not as common style on other makes.

What say yous?
My Mojave is on order and I will swap the hood immediately for a Sport hood. Mojave hood has fake vent, weighs a ton more (how much more, I am not sure - can't find exact info), impedes vision more, and I prefer a more clean, classic Jeep hood look. I'd rather lose hood weight when I add winch & bumper. Anyone in Michigan with a Sarge green Sport on order who wants to swap hoods (we'll need to swap cowls, too) please let me know!

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
If there was choice on hoods I would get a Rubicon with a standard hood. The vents mean nothing to me and the standard hood has a clean look to it.
I'm with you on this. I prefer genuine things in my life--from real wood furniture to live plants in my freshwater aquarium and house to genuine brass lighting and plumbing fixtures. I'm not interested in dressy, bro-truck appearance packages. If the hood geegaws actually did something useful, like on my 10th Anniversary Edition Trans Am (on which the shaker hood has been cut out to make it work), then that would be different. I put decorative hoods on pickups right down there with sticker packages. Sadly, since I've cut my Gladiator hood, it's unlikely I'll ever be able to just trade it ...

Jeep Gladiator If you could pick the hood, standard Sport style, Rubicon or Mojave? Jeep Life, Dec 20, CP_918644, Naked Gladiator