Sponsored

If you had $1500 to spend on your Jeep today....

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
There’s nothing that I could spend $1,500 on for my JT…at this point..that wouldn’t open up some other can of worms.

I.e. My first thought when I hear spend $1,500 is “new front bumper and winch.” The problem with that is then I’ve got to do something to fix the (likely) sag in the front end. I.e. Leveling kit or lift.

Then there’s the extra weight. I’d possibly be less happy with the 4.10’s and want to re-gear to 4.88. That $1,500 would likely end up costing me at least another $3,000+.
Sponsored

HappyGladiator

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electrical tech
I have spent $1500 about 5 or 6 times now.
Rock hard Alu Ft bumper
Warn 12K winch
KC lights
ARE shell
Bedrug
Method wheels and 315 BFG KO2
Mopar 2 inch lift
Mopar enhanced sliders
Synergy track bars.
So now I am down to some minor stuff like ARB diff covers and possibly some rear lower adj control arms to adj rear pinion angle. But there is always something.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
If you were about to spend $1500 on your jeep what would you do? Just asking for open discussion and day dreaming. As if we needed more distraction from jeep thoughts during work.

I am torn on what I want to do next to my Gladiator.
Was thinking bed rack.... Then thought of new rear bumper, again.... Then thought of gravity light bar. or lights. or new front bumper, again. Then found clearlidz again....

Pretty much sold right now on getting the clearlidz, so i'm really not asking what I should do next, just wondering what YOU would do.
Save it and put it toward a suspension or tires. I would also strongly consider putting it toward a goose gear rear seat delete system. I’ve already bit the bullet on the winch, COM’s and an on-board air system.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
There’s nothing that I could spend $1,500 on for my JT…at this point..that wouldn’t open up some other can of worms.

I.e. My first thought when I hear spend $1,500 is “new front bumper and winch.” The problem with that is then I’ve got to do something to fix the (likely) sag in the front end. I.e. Leveling kit or lift.

Then there’s the extra weight. I’d possibly be less happy with the 4.10’s and want to re-gear to 4.88. That $1,500 would likely end up costing me at least another $3,000+.
The bumper and winch were the first things that went on my stock rubicon. No noticeable sag, and definitely don’t need to regear for the weight of a bumper and winch.

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
The bumper and winch were the first things that went on my stock rubicon. No noticeable sag, and definitely don’t need to regear for the weight of a bumper and winch.
Not from that alone, but I’ve got an Alu-Cab, bigger and heavier tires vs. stock (and full-size matching spare), 100 lbs of gear and tools, etc.

It’s livable at the moment, but 50lbs here and 50lbs there…at some point it won’t be.

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Not from that alone, but I’ve got an Alu-Cab, bigger and heavier tires vs. stock (and full-size matching spare), 100 lbs of gear and tools, etc.

It’s livable at the moment, but 50lbs here and 50lbs there…at some point it won’t be.
That’s different. :). I’d want 4.88 or 5.13 in that case as well. I consider your Alucab to be equivalent to our 3,200lb trailer (loaded), from a gearing standpoint. I went with 5.13’s and it’s great. It would be terrible on 4.10’s, but that’s with 37’s, a lift, trailer, and a loaded bed.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
if you had $1500 from when this thread started, in today's world you'd have around $900. you knoow who to thank! :CWL:
So you’re saying you don’t know how inflation works? Because your comment proves it. Or, you do know, and are trying to get a reaction. Either way, go troll somewhere else.

Mav4x4Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder
Iceco APL55 fridge and a suitable (probably DIY) power bank to go with it that can withstand being in an uncovered bed.

Sponsored

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
My voter's for regear as well. Which I should do myself. Its just not a glamorous purchase.
Sponsored